Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Im not sure what to think of this..

Quote:
He had the means and the opportunity, but we may never know the motive of an 11-year-old student who urinated on a couple dozen laptops left unattended at Upper Allen Township Elementary in Pennsylvania.

In a report now bemusing Mac fan forums across the Internet, the Upper Allen Township Police Department states that "the cart and computers were damaged beyond repair, resulting in the loss of over $36,000."

The cart in question contained approximately 30 school-owned MacBooks, according to a police department spokesperson I spoke to, who couldn't tell me why the kid did it — let alone how. Because, c'mon — 30 MacBooks, even stacked, make for a formidable amount of square footage to cover, especially for a kid.

For the crime of creating $36K in Apple biohazards, the boy in question was charged with institutional vandalism and criminal mischief. While the police spokesperson assures me that, contrary to some reports, the kid was not arrested, his case was forwarded to the Cumberland County Juvenile Probation Department

Full story here

Bear

My only question is
why

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
resonance juncture
My only question is
why

lapse in judgement, cry for attention, or perhaps behavioral issue? As the story said they’ll probably never known why.. I think it’s probably one of those three.

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
bet the parents have to pay for each one of those mac books too

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
With the help of kyoji

Who knows if they will or not, that is a lot of money though. I don’t know who gets to decide if they have to pay for that or not.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Sounds like an extreme Windows fanboy. emotion_0A0

Wheezing Werewolf

10,950 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Bidding War 100
Tsuki_Kirkland
With the help of kyoji

Who knows if they will or not, that is a lot of money though. I don’t know who gets to decide if they have to pay for that or not.

well someone has to pay, and to why he would piss on a dozen mac books is just...beyond me but because of his action i am 95% sure his parents will have to suffer the consequences because their son caused damage to school property. - that sucks though, my actual first reaction to this was, i would of choked the s**t out of him lol i know it sounds very mean but if that was my child i would be furious that he went around pissing on other peoples things. embarrassing

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
With the help of kyoji
Tsuki_Kirkland
With the help of kyoji

well someone has to pay, and to why he would piss on a dozen mac books is just...beyond me but because of his action i am 95% sure his parents will have to suffer the consequences because their son caused damage to school property. - that sucks though, my actual first reaction to this was, i would of choked the s**t out of him lol i know it sounds very mean but if that was my child i would be furious that my child went around pissing on other peoples things. embarrassing

That is true, someone will be paying for this because those were a total loss. Again I think why he did it was one of three reasons, he was doing it as a cry for attention, he had a moment where he had a lapse of judgement, or because he had a behavior problem. As a parent I know I wouldn’t be happy either , and Im sure his aren’t.
Wow. Kid has problems,

Mega Noob

Tsuki_Kirkland
Because, c'mon — 30 MacBooks, even stacked, make for a formidable amount of square footage to cover, especially for a kid.

One drop for each is more than enough. Try not to sneeze. I think they have a liquid sensor that when triggered drives a bolt through your hard drive and distributes nitric acid evenly over the motherboard. At least if you believe their techs, because nothing is ever repaired. It is replaced.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland
Because, c'mon — 30 MacBooks, even stacked, make for a formidable amount of square footage to cover, especially for a kid.

One drop for each is more than enough. Try not to sneeze. I think they have a liquid sensor that when triggered drives a bolt through your hard drive and distributes nitric acid evenly over the motherboard. At least if you believe their techs, because nothing is ever repaired. It is replaced.

Well then no wonder those were a total loss, he got more than a drop of them. and wow that sounds like they’re extremely sensitive.

Mega Noob

Tsuki_Kirkland
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland

Well then no wonder those were a total loss, he got more than a drop of them. and wow that sounds like they’re extremely sensitive.

Well they don't make money if it lasts forever.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland

That is true, you can’t do buisness that way as you’d only make money off repairs and not off new items because no one would need to buy new items

Mega Noob

Tsuki_Kirkland
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland
Heimdalr
Tsuki_Kirkland

That is true, you can’t do buisness that way as you’d only make money off repairs and not off new items because no one would need to buy new items

And thus we get planned obsolescence.

Destitute Poster

11,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Macbooks are ******** terrible. He did the world right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff