Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Pants

I felt like it should be extended, too.
        I found it ironic that the Halloween event ended before everyone woke up for Halloween. Haha, what?

But yeah, anyway, I think it would be better to have the even extended. I didn't have time to get my achievement. ):

As for Hurricane Sandy and the US east coast, it's not only the US. The Canadian east coast (like Ontario, which is a big one) were affected too. I don't live in the US or the east coast, but I care about the people that live there and how their lives are affected. I have a friend living in Toronto, and I was worried like crazy for her. I have a few friends and relatives in New York, and I was worried for them too. It's not only the US. If it had been another country, I would be sympathetic too.
        superlongrantover. (:

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
Spottedteddybears

I felt like it should be extended, too.
        I found it ironic that the Halloween event ended before everyone woke up for Halloween. Haha, what?

But yeah, anyway, I think it would be better to have the even extended. I didn't have time to get my achievement. ):

As for Hurricane Sandy and the US east coast, it's not only the US. The Canadian east coast (like Ontario, which is a big one) were affected too. I don't live in the US or the east coast, but I care about the people that live there and how their lives are affected. I have a friend living in Toronto, and I was worried like crazy for her. I have a few friends and relatives in New York, and I was worried for them too. It's not only the US. If it had been another country, I would be sympathetic too.
        superlongrantover. (:

You are my hero and I love you. heart
Thank you so much for making this statement because its totally true. It wasn't just the US that was effected people down below Florida that isn't considered US ground was effected as well as Canada. I can't believe the ignorance of some people.

Thank again for this, it really shows that there is hope for the human race and that there is such thing as compassion for others.

Vicious Pants

Spandex Pudding
Thank you so much for making this statement because its totally true. It wasn't just the US that was effected people down below Florida that isn't considered US ground was effected as well as Canada. I can't believe the ignorance of some people.

Thank again for this, it really shows that there is hope for the human race and that there is such thing as compassion for others.

Aww! <3
        I felt like what you said earlier was very true too. This really isn't about the US or countries or anything. It's about the PEOPLE. It's the people living in the US that were really affected. Not the geographical area in the US, because those kind of damage could easily be fixed. The deaths of the people can't simply be "fixed", you know?
        People are the same whether they live in the US, anywhere else in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, anywhere in the world. (:

And, whether you like it or not, North America is a really big percentage of Gaians.

Spread the love? xD

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Spottedteddybears
Spandex Pudding

Aww! <3
        I felt like what you said earlier was very true too. This really isn't about the US or countries or anything. It's about the PEOPLE. It's the people living in the US that were really affected. Not the geographical area in the US, because those kind of damage could easily be fixed. The deaths of the people can't simply be "fixed", you know?
        People are the same whether they live in the US, anywhere else in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica, anywhere in the world. (:

And, whether you like it or not, North America is a really big percentage of Gaians.

Spread the love? xD

Yeah I was sort of offended by what that user had said but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who see's it like I do. Yes I do agree that most of Gaia IS based out of the US..considering there is a headquarters in California..USA!

Blah!! lol

YES spread the love!

Vicious Pants

Spandex Pudding
Yeah I was sort of offended by what that user had said but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who see's it like I do. Yes I do agree that most of Gaia IS based out of the US..considering there is a headquarters in California..USA!

Blah!! lol

YES spread the love!

Agreed!
        Like maybe the US isn't the center of the world, but that definitely doesn't mean ignoring the disasters there entirely, right? ><

LOL
        THE LOVE HAS BEEN SPREAD. 8D

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Spottedteddybears
Spandex Pudding

Blah!! lol

YES spread the love!

Agreed!
        Like maybe the US isn't the center of the world, but that definitely doesn't mean ignoring the disasters there entirely, right? ><

LOL
        THE LOVE HAS BEEN SPREAD. 8D

Ignoring disasters everywhere shouldn't be ignore, I feel sympathy for all countries..

Just wish Gaia would've shown a bit more compassion towards Sandy..

HUZZAH!! Love spread all over the place like butter over toast!

Tipsy Lunatic

King Blackwater
The world doesn't center around the USA so sorry.

Not to be "that guy", but politically and economically... we're kind of a big deal. Anyway, Gaia is in the US (last time I checked), it's a US company.

Vicious Pants

Spandex Pudding
Ignoring disasters everywhere shouldn't be ignore, I feel sympathy for all countries..

Exactly. No country should be ignored, even though I'm aware that sometimes we do neglect some disasters over others. It's almost like we're biased, a little.

Yeah, totally. :/
        It was pretty bad, but I guess we're lucky it's basically over?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        8D

Dangerous Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I was at college in WV and only recently made it home because the roads cleared and school is still without power, so I missed the end of the event. *pout*

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Spottedteddybears
Spandex Pudding

Exactly. No country should be ignored, even though I'm aware that sometimes we do neglect some disasters over others. It's almost like we're biased, a little.

Yeah, totally. :/
        It was pretty bad, but I guess we're lucky it's basically over?

8D

Unfortunately there is a lot of clean up left, it really ******** everyone over..even if it was extended I don't think it would've been enough because there is so much devastation over the storm..BUT I do believe it would've been fair at least to some that were able to get on..and shutting down the event so so soon! I mean really!?

nomnomnom butter and toast!

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Ruber Mors
I was at college in WV and only recently made it home because the roads cleared and school is still without power, so I missed the end of the event. *pout*

;~; I am glad you are safe though!
Just to bad you missed the last bit of the event.. gonk

Dangerous Lunatic

13,775 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Spandex Pudding
Ruber Mors

;~; I am glad you are safe though!
Just to bad you missed the last bit of the event.. gonk

Thank you cat_4laugh

The best part really is that I got home safely, so missing the event is only a mild disappointment. My prayers are for the people who don't have somewhere warm and safe to get to.

Vicious Pants

Spandex Pudding
Unfortunately there is a lot of clean up left, it really ******** everyone over..even if it was extended I don't think it would've been enough because there is so much devastation over the storm..BUT I do believe it would've been fair at least to some that were able to get on..and shutting down the event so so soon! I mean really!?

Yeah, there's always the cleanup. ):

I honestly wonder why the event was shut down so soon, too. You said, it usually ends a few days after Halloween, and I thought that too. I don't even know why. The event wasn't even on during the actual day of Halloween, right?

Haha, it was a gigantic picture of toast. 8D

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
I didn't even make it halfway, and a lack of power was a huge part of that. The U.S. East Coast makes up a huge percentage of the world's internet using population. I really don't find it fair.

Thank you! Exactly what I was implementing in the first post. Millions of people literally without power, and I think they should have extended the event knowing this was going on.

There are so many people that are or were without power and missed the last part of the event. I could care less what side wins/loses I was just irritated to see that they didn't extend it due to something that was out of people's control.
Plus...I never got my splendid jacket sad Ya, they had bigger issues with the storm......and that's exactly why the event shoulda had more time. Because people couldn't shirk all responsibilities t get to a working computer

Exactly not like someone is going to do what ever they can in the middle of a crisis to get online to do the event lmao..
"Go call grandma and see if she's all right!" "In a minute. This admin's going down if I hit him 27 more times."

Lmfao, this got a good chuckle outta me!
Aw...sheesh, now I don't know how to top myself! .........Unless I use Mr. Bean's nativity scene!

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Spottedteddybears
Spandex Pudding

Yeah, there's always the cleanup. ):

I honestly wonder why the event was shut down so soon, too. You said, it usually ends a few days after Halloween, and I thought that too. I don't even know why. The event wasn't even on during the actual day of Halloween, right?

Haha, it was a gigantic picture of toast. 8D

That's exactly my thought, it wasn't even running Halloween. Wtf?? I got on and was shocked to see that. :l

BLAH!!

Huzzah toast!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas