Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
How the hell are we NOT winning when we've had a lot more kills?

cat_stressed

Witty Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Witty Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Do heals lower the score or something? I iz confuzzled.

Yorokobi---x's Waifu

Cuddly Witch

Supposedly they factor in active players. So basically, we are far more superior in term of skill, but we are outnumbered. At least, that is what it looks like to me.

Devoted Darling

I've been asking myself the same question.
Personally, I believe that this is rigged so that the Kuro's have to win.....

Witty Werewolf

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Keira Luna
Supposedly they factor in active players. So basically, we are far more superior in term of skill, but we are outnumbered. At least, that is what it looks like to me.

Gah, it's all weird.

Too bad I'm heading off to work now. I'll have to pummel some elves when I get back!
XD

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Uncle Kenny

Team Total Scores

The victor of the event will be determined using each team's total score as shown on the landing pages and forum/thread headers. This score is NOT just a sum of the team's kill and heal count but rather, a weighted sum based on several factors including:
  • Team attacks
  • Team kills
  • Team heals
  • Number of active members of each team in the killing and healing areas

The reason we decided to go with this method is because if we did not, the team with the most players would almost certainly win without any chance for the smaller team to come back. Instead of relying solely on raw numbers, we can analyze the actual team activity by looking at how active each team member is. This makes it so that even if a team has fewer people, if that team has more active players, they'll still have a reasonable chance of winning.

We are not counting those who signup and do nothing against a team's total score. The total is being determined by the users who are actually active and participating on the team. There is no predetermined result, there are no artificial numbers. Everything you see on the leaderboards is being determined by each of you, not us.

TL/DR = Math is supposed to equalize a playing field full of slots taken by non-combatants, heavy hitters and various strange bits...

Smitten Lunatic

It has to do with participation.

That and some people are only doing minimal damage / heal just for the items, and it really drops the score.

Kindly Conversationalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You did your best, that is what counts.

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
That may be the single-most unsound battle advice ever.

I agree that things seemed a bit off, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff