Welcome to Gaia! ::

anyone
Ergh here we go again...
Both systems are great and both systems have ups and downs,

Ps3 doesnt have as many hardcore gamers because PSN is free. i love ps3 because i have used that same controller since i was, what, 7 or 8? But the ps3 freezes alot which makes it hard to love. Ps3 also has blu ray which xbox doesnt.

Xbox360 recently came out with kinect which is really cool. The newer xboxes have a wifi adapter built in which used to cost about 90 dollars at wal - mart. BUT, the ps3 has always had a free wifi adpter installed. Xbox 360 is where most of my friends play. It is mainly for hardcore gamers because of the fact that a year of live is 60 dollars (rip offff).

Over all, i think ps3 is a better recreational game system.
whussupbrah

Ps3 doesnt have as many hardcore gamers because PSN is free. i love ps3 because i have used that same controller since i was, what, 7 or 8? But the ps3 freezes alot which makes it hard to love. Ps3 also has blu ray which xbox doesnt.

Xbox360 recently came out with kinect which is really cool. The newer xboxes have a wifi adapter built in which used to cost about 90 dollars at wal - mart. BUT, the ps3 has always had a free wifi adpter installed. Xbox 360 is where most of my friends play. It is mainly for hardcore gamers because of the fact that a year of live is 60 dollars (rip offff).

Why would a player only be a "hardcore player" if they play online? hardcore players are normally considered those who complete a game to the 100% mark on max difficulty and put more time in to games finding out every strategy for the game. Xbox 360 is also cheaper making it even more casual, and then has the kinect opening it up to the casual fun loving crowd.
PeepZIlla
whussupbrah

Why would a player only be a "hardcore player" if they play online? hardcore players are normally considered those who complete a game to the 100% mark on max difficulty and put more time in to games finding out every strategy for the game. Xbox 360 is also cheaper making it even more casual, and then has the kinect opening it up to the casual fun loving crowd.

Kinect is new to the gamer world. People who have played xbox before wont give a damn about kinect or they will want it becase it is really cool. When i say that its mainly for hardcore players, I am talking spacificly about online. Not many people i know play offline.
whussupbrah
PeepZIlla
whussupbrah

Kinect is new to the gamer world. People who have played xbox before wont give a damn about kinect or they will want it becase it is really cool. When i say that its mainly for hardcore players, I am talking spacificly about online. Not many people i know play offline.
A lot of people do play offline, the only main stream 360 games that I can think of that have online with many players are CoD and Halo apart from that a HUGE amount of people still play games for single player.

Point 2. Yes Kinect is new. The reason no one gives a damn as there is a lack of games for it at the moment, I for one own a Kinect and its great, it grants a lot more freedom in comparison to the Wii Imo and doesn't have those god awful graphics that the Wii has.

Chocolate lover111 generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 4!

biggrin PS3 is better than XBOX 360 rofl blaugh

1,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
I prefer 360 just because in my opinion it has better games. As for the online aspect, sure PS3 might be free, but I don't ever play online, not because I have to pay for it with the 360 but because I just don't like to, too many loud obnoxious people on there. To be honest the only reason I would get a PS3 is to play Kingdom Hearts.

2,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
iight then imma buy ps3
PeepZIlla
whussupbrah
PeepZIlla
whussupbrah

A lot of people do play offline, the only main stream 360 games that I can think of that have online with many players are CoD and Halo apart from that a HUGE amount of people still play games for single player.

Point 2. Yes Kinect is new. The reason no one gives a damn as there is a lack of games for it at the moment, I for one own a Kinect and its great, it grants a lot more freedom in comparison to the Wii Imo and doesn't have those god awful graphics that the Wii has.

Personally, I've had the ps3 and xbox. I love the xbox. I sold my ps3. The online play was garbage and laggy. Severs are crappy and still continue to be. On my xbox if you don't wanna hear annoying kids in a game you can start a party and invite your friends. Peace and quiet. I love the bigger variety of games for the 360 too. Alotta people still play games on single player on 360 you know, I play a game and beat it single player then play online, as for kinect. All my sisters got one for xmas and it is pretty laggy right now. I think in a year or so it will be just perfect. But it does needwork

2,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PS3 is probably a better deal money wise, you get a free blu-ray and PSN is free, buy the online gaming for 360 is better [less lag], but you have to pay yearly for that [the 12 month one will save you the most money in the end], and you dont get a blu-ray. They're pretty much alike, it jsut depends on the online gaming and how much you're willing to pay. I chose the PS3, i don't like to spend money for online, plus free blu-ray, pshyeaah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff