Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the essence packs do you like the best?

Gold 0.56617647058824 56.6% [ 77 ]
Silver 0.31617647058824 31.6% [ 43 ]
Bronze 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 136 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 91 92 93 > >>

Shapeshifter

Notice!!

Gaia is removing this game soon, so convert your essence to gold. Your cards will vanish soon.

What did you get from packs?

- Did you get any cool (or uncool) things from packs?
- Any cards you really want to get?
- Do you like to save your essence or spend it all right away?

Super quick guide to packs:

Uhh well when this game was still in development. ( crying ) the buying cards with essence was tweaked a few times. The current system has 3 packs you can buy with essence as well as some you can buy with cash.

The description the shop gives is that gold packs cost 15,000 essence and have "a good chance of a rare card or better." This is estimated to mean that you have about a 50-80% chance of getting a 3 star or higher card. From that 50-80%, you have a very high chance of that 'rare or better' card to be a 3 star card, and a pretty small chance (about < 10%) of it being 4 star or 5 star...

For silver packs, they cost 5,000 essence and the shop says they have "a small chance of a rare or better". This is estimated to mean that you have about a 10-25% chance of getting a 3 star or higher card. You still have a very low chance of getting a 4 star or 5 star card.

For bronze packs, they cost 1,000 essence and the shop says they have a "tiny chance of a rare or better." This is estimated that you have about a 1-3% chance of getting a rare card or better from them. You also have the chance to get more than 1 thing from them. But this is incredibly rare (as in I've only seen 2 people get that) (And what I mean by "more than 1 thing" is getting 2 krylry the eye from the same bronze pack)

In short, a lot of people wonder, which pack is the best option? The answer is that all of them are good, it's just up to your own preference. You could have terrible luck like many people, or have really good luck like some people. If you want to see what other people have been getting, it's a good idea to read the last few pages of this thread to get a better idea.

Cash packs: If you're curious to see what people have gotten from the cash packs, I will (eventually) add a list of links to all the posts about them. cry

I did have a spreadsheet of everyone's results, but I am no longer updating this.

If you do want to see it, the spreadsheet is here:

**Disclaimer**:
Statistics are only an estimate of the population mean. The results below are only estimates and will never be completely accurate due to small sample sizes and the fact that statistics do not prove things, rather only provide general (possibly inaccurate) estimates.

combined pack results:

gold packs (15,000 essence):

number opened: 169
number of packs containing no rares or better: 52
number of packs containing a rare: 101
number of packs containing an epic: 12
number of packs containing a legendary: 4

rares or better obtained:

-Death Dealer x6, Raykl the Claw x7, Sir Corwin x7, Lightning Demon x7, Krylry the Eye x4, What Must be Done x6, Cloud of Curses x3, Void Scarab x6, Succubus x5, Portal Burst x3, Chained Berserker x5, Master of Flames x3, Embrace the Void x4, Kak the Scar x5, Song of Silver x6, Tower Guardian x4, Keljana the Champion x3, The Fallen One x5, Lord Paladin Cadogan x2, Stalker Delyth, Furliss the Portent x3, Rage Dragon x2, Slaughter Wheel x2, 2 others

-Cataclysm Dragon, Mana Corruption x2, Worm that Walks, Fafnir the Plague, Knight of Horizon, Stalker of Worlds, Lord of Ashes, Cerness the Skull, Mardu the Scourge, Fafnir the plague

-Gavyn The Mighty, Eldwyn The Bright x2, Knight of 3 Dooms

silver packs (5,000 essence):

number opened: 89
number of packs containing no rares or better: 62
number of packs containing a rare: 23
number of packs containing an epic: 1
number of packs containing a legendary: 3

rare cards obtained:

-lightning demon x3, embrace the void x2, keljana the champion, rakyl the claw, The fallen one, Void Scarab x2, What Must be Done, krylyr the eye, song of silver, chained berserker x2, kak the scar, Sir Corwin, Tower Guardian, Death Dealer, Lord Paladin Cadogan, Cloud of Curses, raykl the claw, embrace the void

-Kolyr Godslayer

-portal sense, eldwyn the bright, jakyr the fang

bronze packs (1,000 essence):

number opened: 280
number of packs with no rares or better: 259
number of packs with a rare: 9
number of packs with an epic: 1
number of packs with a legendary: 3

rare cards obtained:

-lightning demon, stalker delyth x2, tower guardian, keljana the champion, raykl the claw, rage dragon, krylyr the eye, lord palodin cadogan

-breath of the ancients

-Eldywn the bright, Gavyn the mighty, Crimson Queen Zerakyl

ionas + elites: see berry-sweet-promise's post here

and also the posts here, here, and here.

Whoa it's a spoiler within a spoiler.

Shapeshifter

Very Old stuff:

these results are from previous updates. Also keep in mind the same disclaimer from the first post if you choose to read them. @_@;;

Pack Results before December 20th price increase:

Results provided by Erogenous Jones and Ginnjii:
Platinum Packs: Number purchased= 41
% of packs containing non rares= 82.9%
% of packs containing rares= 12.2%
% of packs containing epics= 4.9%
rares or better obtained: Stalker of Worlds, Sir Corwin, Lightning Demon, Embrace the Void, Artillery Golem, Krylry the Eye, Cloud of Curses

Pack results from Dec. 20th to Jan 20th:

Bronze:
cards obtained =

Silver:
Total number purchased: 4
% of packs containing no rares = 100%
% of packs containing a rare = 0%

Gold:
Total number purchased: 30
% of packs containing no rares = 100%
% of packs containing a rare = 0%

Platinum:

Total number purchased: 111
% of packs containing no rares or better = 88.28%
% of packs containing a rare = 9.01%
% of packs containing an epic= 2.70%
rares or better obtained= Raykl the claw x3, Slaughter Wheel, Void Scarab, Mardu the Scourge, Portal Burst, chained berserker, rage dragon, mana corruption, kak the scar, what must be done, kolyr godslayer

Sapphire:

Total number purchased: 155
% of packs containing no rares or better = 92.25%
% of packs containing a rare = 3.23%
% of packs containing an epic = 1.94%
% of packs containing a legendary = 2.58%
rares or better obtained= Raykl the claw, Lord of Ashes, Tower Guardian x2, Portal Burst, Zerakl the Queen, Portal Sense, Gavyn the Mighty, Knight of Three Dooms, Rage Dragon, Worm that walks, Artillery Golem

Ruby:

Total number purchased: 83
% of packs containing no rares or better = 81.93%
% of packs containing a rare = 7.22%
% of packs containing an epic = 9.64%
% fo packs containing a legendary = 1.20%
Rares or better obtained= Krylry the Eye x2, Stalker of Worlds, Knight of the Horizon, Song of Silver, Worm that Walks, Sir Corwin, Rage Dragon x2, Kolyr Godslayer, Eldwyn the Bright, Fafnir the plague x2, Cataclysm Dragon, Cerness the Skull

Diamond:
Total number purchased: 48
% of packs containing no rares or better= 87.5%
% of packs containing a rare = 4.2%
% of packs containing an epic = 8.3%
rares or better obtained = chained berserker, breath of the ancients, Cataclysm Dragon, Mana corruption, song of silver, kolyr godslayer

Iona's reserves:
Total number purchased: 2
% of packs containing a rare = 100%
% of packs containing an epic = 0%
% of packs containing a legendary = 0%

rares or better obtained= chained berserker, rage dragon...

Iona's elite reserves:

*note I haven't added everything to this list yet since my internet is being uncooperative.

Links to others results:

Shadow the Kitty's booster pack results since the latest update
Erogenous Jones' results pre and post update
Erogenous Jones' sapphire pack results post update
Sagebomb's diamond pack results post update

Deadly Risk-Taker

17,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
I'll help~

Though, I have to get more essence in order to do that. xd
Lol, I fail....will edit later with findings~

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Junett

On one hand, there are several other threads in the first two pages that list a variety of different packs, levels of buy, and reported results. Collecting and correlating the data will take a bit if you're up for it.

OTOH, that data is also potentially compromised - there's no real way of knowing if someone's posted the same data on each thread or other permutations that contaminate the data.

You might want to consider starting from scratch, recruiting testers willing to buy only in given controlled amounts (makes comparison easier across multiple buys) etc.

You may also want to take up a career in plowing the ocean, as they keep monkeying with the packs and we have no way of knowing if or when they're changing the pack odds on any given day as there's no concrete way to tell for sure what gets updated when. But that's the cynical view.

Rephrased for more encouraging viewpoint: Perhaps asking for date of buy/results is a good idea? With a large enough sample size (and presuming the odds don't change THAT frequently) you may even be able to catch when the odds do change.

Invisible Shapeshifter

14,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
Well, you have my permission to use the results in my thread: Booster Pack Results (since latest update)

Shapeshifter

Kide Lyren

Thank you Kide! biggrin
Ahh I'm sorry. I wish they hadn't increased the prices for the packs. It was much easier before to get enough essence for them.

Cyrus Lurch

Yeah I see them! I'm not going to use anyone's results without their permission first though. And yes it's true we have no idea if someone lies or not. But I'm just going to assume that the majority of people are not lying. I think I'll wait and see what results I get and then decide what model to use to filter out bias if necessary.

That would be the best. Maybe I'll add a part for recruiting dedicated testers? I'm not sure if anyone will sign up is the problem. It'd be best to get a simple random sample of people, but for now I'll just leave it open for anyone to add their findings if they want to.

Yes I know they will change them a lot. So, I'll just change the thread with it whenever they do update. I plan to also archive all the threads for results from previous updates to packs to compare all of the drop rates.

Oh that's a good idea. I'll add in date purchased to the form. Yay more numbers! Thank you for your input it's very helpful!!!

Shadow the Kitty

Thank you very much! I've added your thread to the first post, and I am adding your data to my excel sheets. And thank you again for your permission.

Destructive Bunny

I opened 20 plays after the price hike, but since then there's been several updates so I don't know if they changed the odds. I got 1 rare (rakyl).

Have been hoarding essence an awaiting the marketplace since then.

Deadly Risk-Taker

17,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Junett

Ha ha. I was not aware of the change in price until after doing several rounds.
Why did they make it that much harder? :/

Gonna take a break though. I have been online for too long. Good luck with your findings, Junett!

Shapeshifter

Starshine

I can't remember exactly what day they increased the prices. Was it the Dec 20th update? And ouch, Raykl I'm sorry. I have 8 of him emotion_donotwant

I know that they have been changing the packs since the descriptions were changed to reflect the correct prices and they changed iona's description and added back the elite reserves. I have no idea if they adjusted the rates while doing so. But we can *try* and find out.

I'll add your results to a timeline to see if they are different from the current results. Hopefully we can see a change.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Junett
Starshine

I can't remember exactly what day they increased the prices. Was it the Dec 20th update? And ouch, Raykl I'm sorry. I have 8 of him emotion_donotwant

I know that they have been changing the packs since the descriptions were changed to reflect the correct prices and they changed iona's description and added back the elite reserves. I have no idea if they adjusted the rates while doing so. But we can *try* and find out.

I'll add your results to a timeline to see if they are different from the current results. Hopefully we can see a change.
Yes - the price changed on the 20th.

The *displayed* price is what very recently updated.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
what rares/epics did you get from the rubies?

Shapeshifter

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

Me? I didn't get anything. rofl
Shadow the Kitty got all the good stuff. Heheh. Good eye, I'm still editing that in. sweatdrop

ninja

Perfect Saint

Thank you for putting the data together.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Junett

Me? I didn't get anything. rofl
Shadow the Kitty got all the good stuff. Heheh. Good eye, I'm still editing that in. sweatdrop

ninja

damn, wish I've kept track of what all I bought. got a lord of ashes from sapphires a few days ago, but I don't know how many I've bought since then emo

Shapeshifter

Starshine

Ahhh I'm sorry for the double quote. But do you happen to remember which packs you bought? sweatdrop

Kide Lyren

Yeah I don't know why. It's something I'd like to ask Pan about. sweatdrop

Myrielle

You're welcome! I'm sorry it's a bit disorganized at the moment...

Hmm. If you could give me a rough estimate, I think it would still help. I'm not interested in stuff like which packs had certain commons and uncommons. I just want to know the number of packs that contained no rare cards and the number that had something rare or better.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff