Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not including why and what cards you want improved or disadvantaged what do people think the game needs?
I'm really looking forward to the full screen mode.

- I'd like to see more sound options, I find the "battle start" announcement too loud even if I turn the sound right down, this may be because it's coming through TV speakers rather than a laptop or something.
-Flying dragons and floating opponents should have a flight stat so they avoid some specials like Lightning Lizards.
-Avalon needs a few larger units like cavaliers, griffins or defensive golems, I feel sorry for beating them so easily all the time
-the cards that you have should be displayed better, more like how your deck is displayed but in faction and tier order.

Blessed Seeker

12,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I agree with your suggestions. Also maybe lower the amount of time in between turns. Almost every game I've played, I've made my move and had to wait the full minute plus extra time just waiting for the other person. I think maybe they went afk or something as I had to wait like three minutes when the max should only be 1... It's stupid.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
It's funny how many of your suggestions are already in the game.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
SilentAngel88
Not including why and what cards you want improved or disadvantaged what do people think the game needs?

- I'd like to see more sound options, I find the "battle start" announcement too loud even if I turn the sound right down, this may be because it's coming through TV speakers rather than a laptop or something.
-Flying dragons and floating opponents should have a flight stat so they avoid some specials like Lightning Lizards.
-Avalon needs a few larger units like cavaliers, griffins or defensive golems, I feel sorry for beating them so easily all the time
-the cards that you have should be displayed better, more like how your deck is displayed but in faction and tier order.
gaia_spoons You can change the sound/volume in-game.

gaia_spoons You mean one special; Thunder Lizard is the only unit with this particular special-limitation, and is almost completely non-issue since Thunder Lizard is both a hardly used card and has a hardly-used special.

gaia_spoons There are several units in Avalon that ride horses, one that rides a goat, two golems (both have the best health in their mana-cost, while one is extremely beefy in HP and Row 2 and the other has Armor 20), and I'm pretty sure one herald is also bigger than most. The only thing they lack at this point is a Griffin.

gaia_spoons The option is already there in the deck editor.
If you want to make those suggestions, you will have to travel back in time.
Shintouyu
SilentAngel88

gaia_spoons You can change the sound/volume in-game.

gaia_spoons You mean one special; Thunder Lizard is the only unit with this particular special-limitation, and is almost completely non-issue since Thunder Lizard is both a hardly used card and has a hardly-used special.

gaia_spoons There are several units in Avalon that ride horses, one that rides a goat, two golems (both have the best health in their mana-cost, while one is extremely beefy in HP and Row 2 and the other has Armor 20), and I'm pretty sure one herald is also bigger than most. The only thing they lack at this point is a Griffin.

gaia_spoons The option is already there in the deck editor.

There's no options to turn down certain sounds? I turn the music right off but I like hearing the fight effects so I only turn "sound fx" down enough. But I constantly get complaints from my friends when the "Dong Dong" of the battle announcement sounds.
I know about the two golems, but one is an archer and the other I never think much of. I've only ever seen Eldywen on a horse? If there are others I'm looking forward to seeing them.
I didn't notice the little tab before inn the deck editor so thanks for pointing it out.

Moonlight Survivor

9,500 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Survivor 150
I'd suggest changing the critical hit ratio,asap e_e'
Battling with large groups gets too frustrating with this. Units with low accuracy have no chance over those with high accuracy,even frail ones,and Wave Attack did more than enough to show me how a crit fest from a bunch of Imps can cripple even several Heroes.
While small, frail units are actually good in having this as an advantage and a chance of putting a dent on stronger stuff, it should be a lower ratio by,say,unit rank(1-star gets 5%,2-star 4%,and so on), otherwise ridiculous battles such as Blood Acolyte destroying 2-star Units will just make the game more frustrating than it already is.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
SilentAngel88
There's no options to turn down certain sounds? I turn the music right off but I like hearing the fight effects so I only turn "sound fx" down enough. But I constantly get complaints from my friends when the "Dong Dong" of the battle announcement sounds.

I've only ever seen Eldywen on a horse? If there are others I'm looking forward to seeing them.
No, I don't recall any games even giving players that kind of specific sound-control; it's always a general-setting.

Eldwyn The Bright, Knight Of 3 Dooms, The Gray Mage, and Gavyn The Mighty.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Indigo Prose
I'd suggest changing the critical hit ratio,asap e_e'
Battling with large groups gets too frustrating with this. Units with low accuracy have no chance over those with high accuracy,even frail ones,and Wave Attack did more than enough to show me how a crit fest from a bunch of Imps can cripple even several Heroes.
While small, frail units are actually good in having this as an advantage and a chance of putting a dent on stronger stuff, it should be a lower ratio by,say,unit rank(1-star gets 5%,2-star 4%,and so on), otherwise ridiculous battles such as Blood Acolyte destroying 2-star Units will just make the game more frustrating than it already is.
Critical Hit is 10% of the Accuracy.
IE, ACC 100 is 10% chance to Critical and ACC 50 is 5% chance to Critical.

In essence, every unit has the same chance of scoring a Critical Hit: about 1-out-of-every-10 rounds. Of course, lower ACC means you have a harder time making a hit anyways.

If there's anything 'wrong' with Critical Hits, it's that the damage-multiplier is 2x, and the number generator seems to be streaky as well.
At the risk of sounding like a wimp, I would like to see higher levels NOT playing against lower level players. Unless they are friends and request it. I am level 36, and playing a level 80 is, well, a waste of time. I cannot compete with that. Also, how does someone get 4 of the same heralds? Otherwise, the game is great.

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
mpdaydream
At the risk of sounding like a wimp, I would like to see higher levels NOT playing against lower level players. Unless they are friends and request it. I am level 36, and playing a level 80 is, well, a waste of time. I cannot compete with that. Also, how does someone get 4 of the same heralds? Otherwise, the game is great.

You can get them in packs. Starter heralds are particularly common and some people have nearly twenty of them.

And welcome to the open bracket. Not all of the level 80's are as intimidating as their level appears though (Personally, I'm nearly level 53 and have gotten most of that by playing the medium computer, which offers little variety and little chance to really improve strategy). It's definitely a change from lower brackets, but those 80's spend more than an hour looking for a fight sometimes. It would be much worse if the bracket were split up more.
mpdaydream
At the risk of sounding like a wimp, I would like to see higher levels NOT playing against lower level players. Unless they are friends and request it. I am level 36, and playing a level 80 is, well, a waste of time. I cannot compete with that.

I feel like this issue has been discussed a lot. Splits in the PvP brackets are a planned change; I think they have not been implemented yet due to a lack of players. The more narrow the bracket is, the fewer people there are to play against, and the longer it takes to find a match.

At this point what you can do is forfeit when you see a high level, or work on different strategies for beating them (i.e. portal rushing). In addition to work / strategy, there are elements of chance in the game like card draws, cataclysms, and pinning that can work in your favor and against your opponent. I have faith that you could beat a level 80 regardless of your cards, but the time and effort that requires may not be worth it to you.
mpdaydream
how does someone get 4 of the same heralds?

One comes with the starter deck. Corwin, Rakyl, and Death Dealer can also be bought from the shop for 1000 essence each (though I think they cannot be bought if they are already owned).

People who have other heralds or multiples either got them from post-battle rewards, essence packs, or cash packs. The new heralds (Delyth, Cadogan, Furliss, and The Fallen One) were also granted as compensation during nerfs / adjustments to players who owned affected cards (Eldwyn, Knight of 3 Dooms, Jakyr, and Zerakyl respectively).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff