Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The current essence reward system has a couple odd aspects:

- forfeit during a battle means the winner gets "cheated"
- doesn't encourage different modes of play. If you sneak around and get all 6 portals, that is a brilliant victory -- but you won't get much because you didn't kill the other person

We are considering the following changes:

- essence is based on total summoned units, not killed units (say, nn% of all summoned units -- not sure yet what the right percentage would be)
- essence reward is split based on the different in portals.

For example, let's say you win 6 points to 4. You summoned 100 mana of units, and your opponent summoned 120. Say we're using 80% of all summoned units.

Total summons = 100 + 120 = 220 * 80% = 176 mana

You get 176 * (6 / 10) = 105.6
Opponent gets 176 * (4 / 10) = 70.4

... and then efactor would be applied.

Questions / concerns below.

Revered Inquisitor

Card Statistics and Details - Compiled
HoC - User Designed Card Contest

Just quickly skimming through it, the new proposed system doesn't sound overly bad. From what i can see, anyways.

It makes things a lot more even.

The more I read over this and read through the comments, the less and less I like this. Mainly for the reasons RK said on page 4.

It would make things more even, but it is rewarding the completely wrong things. It isn't rewarding winning, it is rewarding drawing the game out and summoning as much as you can. While fair, it should be rewarding winning more than just drawing the game out.

If we play a PvP HoC and I forfeit on turn one, it is only because I refuse to play against someone who has forfeited against me more than twice mid game. This is the only reason I will ever forfeit.

Feline Enchantress

Panagrammic
Essence is based on total summoned units.

That is brilliant.

But, do spells that use mana count into that?

An Open The Gates' deck could potentially generate lots of essence.

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Hmmmmm.... I think I might actually like this idea. o.o;

Fluffy Treat

how about bonuses for a 7th or 8th portal found? I do it quite a bit.

Mega Gekko

exclaim

this is actually a pretty good idea

i have no qualms with this

Backwoods Shapeshifter

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • 50 Wins 150
What about if you win by wiping out all the enemy units? Or by winning the "final battle"?

I'm asking because this is how I normally win. Sometimes I end up having less portals than my opponent, and I personally would feel cheated if my opponent got more essence than me even though I was the winner.

I do like the idea of essence = summoned units, but not how it would be split up.

Unbeatable Knight

Well it looks like the close matches in that case don't award the winner much, even if he dominates all the battles.

It'll encourage portal-rushing Belphy, for certain. And a lot of sneaking around to grab portals, too. But aggressive tactics that rely on crushing the enemy's army would pretty much be rendered obsolete.

I tend to kill things lots, so my method would probably be penalized by this, but it does allow for sneaky ninja-types to scout for portals and never fight.

Greedy Genius

10,115 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Millionaire 200
I like this idea.

Backwoods Shapeshifter

10,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Holeypaladin
Well it looks like the close matches in that case don't award the winner much, even if he dominates all the battles.

It'll encourage portal-rushing Belphy, for certain. And a lot of sneaking around to grab portals, too. But aggressive tactics that rely on crushing the enemy's army would pretty much be rendered obsolete.

I tend to kill things lots, so my method would probably be penalized by this, but it does allow for sneaky ninja-types to scout for portals and never fight.

This exactly. It would force everyone to fight the same way, and it would cheat those who didn't fight that way out of the essence. It would also award the greater percent of essence to those people who don't focus on winning battles and actually fighting their opponents and just rush to the portals. It would also make matches short to the point that they wouldn't be fun anymore. I personally much prefer the current system over the proposed one.

14,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Inquisitor 200
I don't really like it. I'd rather keep it how it is and reward people if the opponent forfeits. I really like getting essence in accordance to my kills.

Hardened Husband

20,740 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
User ImageAll was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others...

This seems to be encouraging camping/building while disfavoring rushes.

If you're attempting to make every game longer, then by all means go for this. If this is an attempt at balance, then it's a step in the wrong direction. Or, more to the point, it's an overstep in the right direction, completely bypassing the original goal.

...of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.

Omnipresent Warlord

Do something to discourage drawing out a fight. It is infuriating to have lost a fight and have the other person just sit there so you can get a couple more units to get more essence from when they decide to curbstomp you.

Currently you can forfeit that kind of fight, but then you don't get the bonus card.

Dapper Dabbler

I think that sounds like an interesting idea. I like it. It depends on how well both players play, if I understood it correctly, with is unique. I think you should go for it and give it a try!

Gaian

Panagrammic
The current essence reward system has a couple odd aspects:

- forfeit during a battle means the winner gets "cheated"
- doesn't encourage different modes of play. If you sneak around and get all 6 portals, that is a brilliant victory -- but you won't get much because you didn't kill the other person

We are considering the following changes:

- essence is based on total summoned units, not killed units (say, nn% of all summoned units -- not sure yet what the right percentage would be)
- essence reward is split based on the different in portals.

For example, let's say you win 6 points to 4. You summoned 100 mana of units, and your opponent summoned 120. Say we're using 80% of all summoned units.

Total summons = 100 + 120 = 220 * 80% = 176 mana

You get 176 * (6 / 10) = 105.6
Opponent gets 176 * (4 / 10) = 70.4

... and then efactor would be applied.

Questions / concerns below.

How about just a point system
everything you do gives you points
Summons
Kills
Captured Portals
and then a bonus for victory a % bonus of your score the better you do the better you get
but as an insentive maybe give the loser a what did you call it a Chaos Key?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff