Welcome to Gaia! ::

How difficult would you rate Protect the Princess now that Sir Corwin has to be kept alive, too?

0 - Intro 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 8 ]
1 - Easy 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
2 - Moderate 0.21649484536082 21.6% [ 21 ]
3 - Medium 0.28865979381443 28.9% [ 28 ]
4 - Hard 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
5 - Nightmare 0.18556701030928 18.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 15 16 >

Business Powerhouse

23,650 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Is amazing how many cloud of curses the enemy has in wave attack.

So far my best runs I have won one battle on the last wave, and the most recent was ridiculous. I got bombarded with four cloud of curses in a row and I wouldn't be surprised if they had more. rolleyes

I try the strategy about moving all my units to the second portal before the third wave appears, but either I get outnumbered by the third wave or the last units of the second wave keep pinning me, pretty much saying "we are done, but we will screw you up for the next round".

Still, 1700-1800 essence is good enough for me.
When my units got killed in survivor, the game didn't end in my defeat. I wanted essence so I kept saying done but the enemy must have had nothing else to summon and didn't move out (only the Stalker of Worlds who stayed at home and one acolyte who stayed on a mana source). Hopefully this will get resolved (don't like having to forfeit, makes it a waste of time).

Business Powerhouse

23,650 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
Just won for the first time in Wave Attack biggrin

However it was mostly due to the enemy's stupidity, after winning the first round which was interesting the AI must have glitched or something because they sent one unit to fight my horde from then on. xd

It wasn't until I had eliminated all the threatening units that I decided to try to move, that's when their remaining units attacked in a bunch, but with most of the skulls, wheels and such dead, I wiped them out. I am 4,300 essence richer. mrgreen

Apocalyptic Vampire

15,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Flux

So far my best runs I have won one battle on the last wave, and the most recent was ridiculous. I got bombarded with four cloud of curses in a row and I wouldn't be surprised if they had more. rolleyes

I try the strategy about moving all my units to the second portal before the third wave appears, but either I get outnumbered by the third wave or the last units of the second wave keep pinning me, pretty much saying "we are done, but we will screw you up for the next round".

I absolutely hate it when the enemy pulls out Cloud of Curses on me! It's happened to me numerous times that they put on spell after spell on me. Normally, I get 3-4 of them on me, but sometimes it's only 2 (yay!) Whenever they use Cloud of Curses, I just refresh the game so I can avoid the agonizingly slow animation of a giant purple cloud inching across my screen (yes, I have Chrome; it's not slow, but I hate waiting for the spell to clear up-I'm impatient, especially if I've been on Wave for a while)
-And refreshing lets me advance to the next round faster so I can see what units I have left. I also refresh when the enemy uses specials. Stupid Stalker and Lord of Ashes. Don't need to see your giant slow waving scythe or you blowing clouds out of your nose/mouth.
-Yeah, after having the computer on for a while, the images lag a tiny bit. Especially with the dragons flying and specials and stuff. It annoys me.
I admit, wave attack has gotten a lot harder once the mode was fixed. It's harder to pass the first wave, especially when the number of units are matched, or my units are all weakened. It's a terrible way to go sad But the first 2 waves sure give a lot of essence biggrin Just the work I do in the battles... Wish I could get more EXP as compensation for my time and effort.
And what I do: I stay at home. When the third wave begins to attack, I normally have a weak attuner, like Wyrmtail Sage or Dragoneye Savant on a Mana Well. If I can't retreat fast enough, it normally goes for the Mana Well and not my home... yet. If I do have to fight, I try to retreat. But the unit normally ends up dying anyways.
Then when the first wave hits, I pray I have at least 20+ units. A lot of times it's equally matched battles, like 15 v 15 or so. Sometimes, if I go to the Mana Wells between waves and attune Mana before trying to retreat, I get enough units to get me up to 21 units for the 3rd wave biggrin Then I'm happy. After the big wave comes, just wait a little longer, keep attuning whenever you can, and the rest should be pretty easy!
(But a lot of times I don't get my optimal 20+ units. If I get somewhere near 15, but less than 20, the enemy tends to pull out maybe... 3-4 Cloud of Curses on me stare gawd)
Sorry, I tend to have a lot to say! But I hope this kinda helps?
And good luck on the rest! At least you get a good amount of essence on the first 2 waves!

Business Powerhouse

23,650 Points
  • Torii Attendant 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
The Rainmakers Melody
Flux

I absolutely hate it when the enemy pulls out Cloud of Curses on me! It's happened to me numerous times that they put on spell after spell on me. Normally, I get 3-4 of them on me, but sometimes it's only 2 (yay!) Whenever they use Cloud of Curses, I just refresh the game so I can avoid the agonizingly slow animation of a giant purple cloud inching across my screen (yes, I have Chrome; it's not slow, but I hate waiting for the spell to clear up-I'm impatient, especially if I've been on Wave for a while)
-And refreshing lets me advance to the next round faster so I can see what units I have left. I also refresh when the enemy uses specials. Stupid Stalker and Lord of Ashes. Don't need to see your giant slow waving scythe or you blowing clouds out of your nose/mouth.
-Yeah, after having the computer on for a while, the images lag a tiny bit. Especially with the dragons flying and specials and stuff. It annoys me.
I admit, wave attack has gotten a lot harder once the mode was fixed. It's harder to pass the first wave, especially when the number of units are matched, or my units are all weakened. It's a terrible way to go sad But the first 2 waves sure give a lot of essence biggrin Just the work I do in the battles... Wish I could get more EXP as compensation for my time and effort.
And what I do: I stay at home. When the third wave begins to attack, I normally have a weak attuner, like Wyrmtail Sage or Dragoneye Savant on a Mana Well. If I can't retreat fast enough, it normally goes for the Mana Well and not my home... yet. If I do have to fight, I try to retreat. But the unit normally ends up dying anyways.
Then when the first wave hits, I pray I have at least 20+ units. A lot of times it's equally matched battles, like 15 v 15 or so. Sometimes, if I go to the Mana Wells between waves and attune Mana before trying to retreat, I get enough units to get me up to 21 units for the 3rd wave biggrin Then I'm happy. After the big wave comes, just wait a little longer, keep attuning whenever you can, and the rest should be pretty easy!
(But a lot of times I don't get my optimal 20+ units. If I get somewhere near 15, but less than 20, the enemy tends to pull out maybe... 3-4 Cloud of Curses on me stare gawd)
Sorry, I tend to have a lot to say! But I hope this kinda helps?
And good luck on the rest! At least you get a good amount of essence on the first 2 waves!
Thanks for the tips, you probably saw my latest post about me winning for the first time in wave attack, only two cloud of curses that time because I won the battle before they could use more (21 vs 16 in that battle, I lost 4 units and there weren't any skulls, ashes, knights). I use the traditional strategy of dividing my armies in both mana wells as evenly as possible (separating my herald from the attuners since the special can kill them), then moving them all to the second portal when the second wave is almost done hoping the last of wave 2 doesn't pin me. stare

The rest is luck based, since the third wave was hesitant after that first battle, I eliminated their units one by one.

Enduring Capitalist

10,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
I'm going to single out and tout the merits of refreshing in mid-battle.
Designate targets and use specials and press "done" as you would normally. Refresh the tab/page when you see the first animation/special (or Cloud Of Curses) happening. When you're back in control, you'll be ready to give your orders for the next round. You won't be able see exactly which units did what, but it will really help your sanity. This is particularly helpful on wave 3, with the large armies and clusters of animation-heavy dragons. stressed

It's either that, or leave your computer and go do your weekly shop. gonk

PS: In the event that a given round results in your victory, you'll end up with your units facing nothing. Simply press "done", and things will proceed as normal.

Enduring Capitalist

10,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
I've had two very good Wave Attack matches in a row, winning outright with about 4500 essence each time. I may have discovered a way to divide the wave 3 units into more manageable groups.
Having enough units survive the first two waves and converge on the second portal seems to spook the enemy. When I have a force of 19+ units on the second portal before wave 3 materializes, they'll tend to mill around and initially attack with just one or two units at once. When they thin themselves out a little, I try going on the offensive (with my entire force) against adjacent groups of 7 or fewer (don't forget that the defender bonuses will switch around if you do this) units. If I get pinned, I tend to face a group of a size similar to the one I tried to attack. Either way, it results in a faster but riskier game. To play it safe, just keep your entire force on the second portal. The enemy may come in groups lager than one or two eventually, but not usually in overwhelming force. smile

Subsequent matches have been quite unfavorable, and I have not gotten sufficient numbers of units to the second portal before the attack of wave 3. Now it seems that I must come up with a second strategy to ensure that I can create the conditions under which the first strategy can be utilized. confused

Enduring Capitalist

10,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
Another successful Wave Attack match, but only 3507 essence. There were noticeably fewer wave 3 enemies though.
Managed to get a large number of units onto the second portal by the end of wave 2, but more through overall luck than judgment. Still, it did allow me to work further on my theory of spooking those wave 3ers through sheer army size. In fact it even worked on wave 2, the last remaining Hellhounds and Dead Sun Minions refused to attack my large force on the second portal after they'd taken the wells and my citadel. I took them fight to them by sending Keljana out alone (boy was it refreshing to see her getting her solitary bonus, and not having to worry about hurting allies with her special) to retake a well and get me some extra essence to add another nice big dragon to my main force. She fought off the last of the wave 2ers after the summon, and I even managed to get her back to the main force alive when wave 3 attacked her (entirely through retreat luck of course).
Wave 3 generally milled around and attacked with one unit at a time. I decided to rock the boat a little and send my entire force after small groups of units on either of the wells. This usually resulted in my getting pinned and attacked by a fairly large group. 23 vs 13 initially, I pulled through that pretty easily. I kept rocking the boat and either getting pinned by a not-so overwhelming force or attacking a small group as expected. Either way I always won.
I made sure to have one unit break away to retake my citadel (you have to be in control of all three portals for your victory to be recognised), and I went after Succubus. After an arduous match, it's always an eargasm to hear her scream as she dies... heart

I suppose all we need now are some reliable strategies for getting a sufficiently large force onto the second portal before wave 3 does the old divide and conquer.
Assuming you manage this (through luck or strategy, but preferably the latter), does my overall theory in regards to spooking wave 3 with a large force on the second portal work for you?
Come one come all and let us pool our intellectual resources, that we might make Wave Attack more consistently beatable.

Benevolent Prophet

11,100 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

Added a new poll to re-rate Wave Attack's difficulty now that Keljana cannot lock specials anymore.

Moonlight Bunny

22,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Trap Lover

I suppose all we need now are some reliable strategies for getting a sufficiently large force onto the second portal before wave 3 does the old divide and conquer.
Assuming you manage this (through luck or strategy, but preferably the latter), does my overall theory in regards to spooking wave 3 with a large force on the second portal work for you?
Come one come all and let us pool our intellectual resources, that we might make Wave Attack more consistently beatable.

I find the main problem to be letting wave 2 enemies escape battle. If you can manage to kill them all off everytime you should have one clear turn before wave 3. But if some of the pests escape they'll still be on the map and will extend the number of turns you need to finish wave 2. If they're still around they'll pin you, preventing you from moving before wave 3 hits.

At least that's my theory. sweatdrop If I could manage to kill every single one I'll know if it does affect your chances of getting to the 2nd portal unscathed. 3nodding

Enduring Capitalist

10,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
Erynnis_Tristis
Trap Lover

I find the main problem to be letting wave 2 enemies escape battle. If you can manage to kill them all off everytime you should have one clear turn before wave 3. But if some of the pests escape they'll still be on the map and will extend the number of turns you need to finish wave 2. If they're still around they'll pin you, preventing you from moving before wave 3 hits.

At least that's my theory. sweatdrop If I could manage to kill every single one I'll know if it does affect your chances of getting to the 2nd portal unscathed. 3nodding
Having a "clear turn" certainly helps. In general though, I've been getting my sufficiently large force into position in good time more through luck than actual skill. sweatdrop The whole match for me seems to depend on wave 1 and 2 going smoothly enough for me to have enough units survive the battles, and of course drawing the best combination of cards and not getting pinned when it's time to converge. wahmbulance
When I get lucky enough with those little rituals, wave 3 is easy as long as I have time and patience! wink
Regarding Wave Attack;
Yes it does somewhat depend on the cards you draw to a degree.
I keep Keljana, the attuners and M.Wyrm on the left Mana well,
Fafnir, Catcalysm, Kaks and B.Wyvern on the top well.
I start summoning units on home portal when there's approx 12 enemy units left (during wave 2)
*still depending on the cards you have drawn.
Keep them there till you have 4? (Dragons), depending if your mana wells are doing okay or not, though they should be. Send over your units from home portal and try to filter over a couple from your mana wells.
True it won't always work first time, but if you start then you should (most) of the time be able to get over the bulk of your forces before wave 3 starts!
Leave a couple of units on your mana wells, in general I just leave B.Wyvern and a attuner on one and a Klylr on the other (many times you'll still have units to summon so their sacrifice should typically be able to summon another dragon!)
Worse case scenario you'll 'only' have 15 units on the other portal for wave 3, best case about 24.
Now the only problem I have, important imo is that the battle drags out (I swear they think they're playing ring a ring a roses!)
I play it safe by whittling them down to about 8 (assuming I only get 15 units) then throw half the forces on to a well (expect then approx 8 to jump after you)

No means perfect but it's worked for me for about 20 games+ (I've lost count how many games I've done)

Enduring Capitalist

10,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Swap Meet 100
Haku of Kirigakure

Added a new poll to re-rate Wave Attack's difficulty now that Keljana cannot lock specials anymore.
If you ask me, the increased difficulty resulting from this change is a drop in an ocean. Wave Attack seems to test my luck considerably more than my strategy. stressed
I think this poll is going to end up rather biased, as a result of people trying it once or twice and then casting their vote based entirely on how lucky they were within a very small sample of attempts. confused
Also to factor in is the eventuality of not getting very many votes anyway. You need thousands for a proper study.

I voted Medium, because it can really go either way depending on your luck. The people who voted Nightmare are probably the ones who tried it once, and had their asses handed to them simply because they had bad luck. talk2hand
just beat wave attack for the first time i feel awesome now

Glitch

15,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
protect the princess has changed

missed the dialog, but now there's a 2nd portal with a bunch of knights of 3 dooms and terror blades... but we can't move them for at least 4 rounds... still playing

and rakyl also was more units summed at the beginning

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces