Welcome to Gaia! ::

How difficult would you rate Protect the Princess now that Sir Corwin has to be kept alive, too?

0 - Intro 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 8 ]
1 - Easy 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
2 - Moderate 0.21649484536082 21.6% [ 21 ]
3 - Medium 0.28865979381443 28.9% [ 28 ]
4 - Hard 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
5 - Nightmare 0.18556701030928 18.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 >

Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Wave attack should be nightmare.
Is that because of, or in spite of the fact that you're not in it? Either way, you need to update your username AND signature.

I am still the Queen. That's good enough for you.
If I changed my username to "Trap Lover the Dragonlord" (I would say "Dragonlady" if it didn't mean something else entirely), would that action alone grant me the right to be called that by everyone else?

My name is Zerakl and I am still the queen. Does it matter what color I am?

Enduring Citizen

Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Is that because of, or in spite of the fact that you're not in it? Either way, you need to update your username AND signature.

If I changed my username to "Trap Lover the Dragonlord" (I would say "Dragonlady" if it didn't mean something else entirely), would that action alone grant me the right to be called that by everyone else?

Answer my questions first. I asked both of them before you asked yours.
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen

you are no one to demand anything from me.

Enduring Citizen

Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen

you are no one to demand anything from me.
How predictable. You are throwing around an illusion of political weight, an illusion which I see straight through. talk2hand
You might prove that it's not an illusion, if you answer my question and give an acceptable reason for your explanation. If you don't, you're just calling your own bluff.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Trap Lover
I just played Wave Attack again recently. You may wish to update your stratgey notes, lest you have people scratching their heads over Keljana. I didn't find it that much more difficult without her old special locking ability, although that may be because I was simply bombarded by multiple Cloud Of Curses, thus leaving little AP left for specials.
As Shintouyu stated last week, the key to wave 3 is to have a strict order in which you eliminate the different unit types. I simply cannot sufficiently stress the importance of taking out the Shadow Demons first, you must eliminate all of them on the first round. I will expand on this directive, and suggest using Krylyr The Eye for this task. Whilst his defender is in use, he has a 90% chance to 1 hit KO a Shadow Demon. The smaller the number of units needed to take out a Shadow Demon, the less total damage aura you will suffer. Shintouyu and I both recommend going after the Slaughter Wheels next. Their special has potential for some serious AoE damage. My attacking order is pretty much the same as Shintouyu's, although I would remove the two slashes and take out Stalker Of Worlds before Cerness The Skull and Void Scarab before Filth Elemental. Those Filth Elementals are considerably less effective in offense than they are in defense, so they don't pose much threat. Their special is usually as detrimental to the instigator as it is to the victim. Finally, it's not really worth using Dragoneye Archers to take out Lord Of Ashes early on, you'll end up losing them due to the damage aura. It's generally better to simply have them support the rest of your force in taking out the other units first. As with the Shadow Demons, it's better to hit them with a smaller number of harder hitting units.

I'll get this updated shortly. Thanks for alerting me; I haven't played Wave Attack since.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Trap Lover
I just played Wave Attack again recently. You may wish to update your stratgey notes, lest you have people scratching their heads over Keljana. I didn't find it that much more difficult without her old special locking ability, although that may be because I was simply bombarded by multiple Cloud Of Curses, thus leaving little AP left for specials.
As Shintouyu stated last week, the key to wave 3 is to have a strict order in which you eliminate the different unit types. I simply cannot sufficiently stress the importance of taking out the Shadow Demons first, you must eliminate all of them on the first round. I will expand on this directive, and suggest using Krylyr The Eye for this task. Whilst his defender is in use, he has a 90% chance to 1 hit KO a Shadow Demon. The smaller the number of units needed to take out a Shadow Demon, the less total damage aura you will suffer. Shintouyu and I both recommend going after the Slaughter Wheels next. Their special has potential for some serious AoE damage. My attacking order is pretty much the same as Shintouyu's, although I would remove the two slashes and take out Stalker Of Worlds before Cerness The Skull and Void Scarab before Filth Elemental. Those Filth Elementals are considerably less effective in offense than they are in defense, so they don't pose much threat. Their special is usually as detrimental to the instigator as it is to the victim. Finally, it's not really worth using Dragoneye Archers to take out Lord Of Ashes early on, you'll end up losing them due to the damage aura. It's generally better to simply have them support the rest of your force in taking out the other units first. As with the Shadow Demons, it's better to hit them with a smaller number of harder hitting units.

Well you make it sound so easy, but I've found that when I try to use manual select I lose even more spectacularly, due to the impossibility of predicting how many misses my units will get in a row, and being unable to revise my orders as a result.

If I assign more units to attack one enemy and it dies the remaining units attack completely randomly (they don't for example target the second slaughterwheel but instead go off and hit a Cerness or something else.) which completely screws up any hope of maintaining an order of elimination. If I assign less units, obviously the enemy unit is still around to wreak havoc on my forces on the next turn. Further turns (with the enemy units having various amounts of HP left) just exascerbate the problem with my forces in disarray.

Perhaps you could explain how exactly you determine unit assignment in order to overcome these shortcomings?

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Trap Lover

Lol you're getting way too serious about her username o: she doesnt need to change anything as that was how Zerakyl was when she was a herald, and the person role playing her feels that she still wants to roleplay her in that version.

and honestly no one really takes her seriously with the queen thing except those that have fun roleplaying in HoC, and she's doing a very good job of staying in character defending herself lol

Enduring Citizen

Erynnis_Tristis
Trap Lover

Well you make it sound so easy, but I've found that when I try to use manual select I lose even more spectacularly, due to the impossibility of predicting how many misses my units will get in a row, and being unable to revise my orders as a result.

If I assign more units to attack one enemy and it dies the remaining units attack completely randomly (they don't for example target the second slaughterwheel but instead go off and hit a Cerness or something else.) which completely screws up any hope of maintaining an order of elimination. If I assign less units, obviously the enemy unit is still around to wreak havoc on my forces on the next turn. Further turns (with the enemy units having various amounts of HP left) just exascerbate the problem with my forces in disarray.

Perhaps you could explain how exactly you determine unit assignment in order to overcome these shortcomings?
Alas, many aspects of this game seem to rely on luck. When you're in the first round of a wave 3 battle, you could try having most of your force target the Slaughter Wheels. Leave some for the Shadow Demons, and make sure to overassign a little bit to allow some room for grazes. It might NOT be such a good idea to use Krylyr The Eye to attack a Shadow Demon now that you mention it, if he DOES graze then you are indeed pretty screwed. xp
I must add that I had been very lucky just before writing that report, in the sense that the wave 3ers never attacked my force in groups any larger than 9 units. Divide and Conquer? Well, they were conquered as a result of dividing themselves. If only I knew what caused them to behave that way, and I was subsequently able to reliably reproduce the effect...

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Trap Lover
Erynnis_Tristis

Alas, many aspects of this game seem to rely on luck. When you're in the first round of a wave 3 battle, you could try having most of your force target the Slaughter Wheels. Leave some for the Shadow Demons, and make sure to overassign a little bit to allow some room for grazes. It might NOT be such a good idea to use Krylyr The Eye to attack a Shadow Demon now that you mention it, if he DOES graze then you are indeed pretty screwed. xp
I must add that I had been very lucky just before writing that report, in the sense that the wave 3ers never attacked my force in groups any larger than 9 units. Divide and Conquer? Well, they were conquered as a result of dividing themselves. If only I knew what caused them to behave that way, and I was subsequently able to reliably reproduce the effect...

Thanks for your reply. smile

Well I had better success today and managed to win twice in a row, yay. (I had a rather bad losing streak yesterday.) First round is critical, before the cloud of curses hits, lol (after it hits you can pretty much guarantee your units will miss the broad side of a barn, lol.) If my units can get most of the nasties down before then it goes a lot more smoothly. smile I assigned two heavy hitters per Shadow Demon, and everything else on a Slaughter wheel, which worked fairly well.
I must express how thoroughly displeased I am about being replaced by the Succubus as the leader in wave attack mode. Imagine, a puny starter herald commanding such vast armies. It's just a terrible representation of the might of the demon faction.

Enduring Citizen

Erynnis_Tristis
Trap Lover
Erynnis_Tristis

Thanks for your reply. smile

Well I had better success today and managed to win twice in a row, yay. (I had a rather bad losing streak yesterday.) First round is critical, before the cloud of curses hits, lol (after it hits you can pretty much guarantee your units will miss the broad side of a barn, lol.) If my units can get most of the nasties down before then it goes a lot more smoothly. smile I assigned two heavy hitters per Shadow Demon, and everything else on a Slaughter wheel, which worked fairly well.
I got 4435 essence (including victory bonus) when I won the match outright. If you are fortunate enough to not get overwhelmed, it boils down to choosing targets carefully by thoroughly assessing the accuracy and damage and speed of your units and taking risks which are as calculated as possible.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I have only beaten Wave Attack once since I started playing. 1 win out of... 5 games played. I lose a majority of the games, and I still don't know how to win.

Either I graze way too much, the enemy gets some ridiculous luck with crits, or a healthy combination of both.

I really feel like the computer cheats when it comes to luck, too... e_e

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Zerakl the Queen
I must express how thoroughly displeased I am about being replaced by the Succubus as the leader in wave attack mode. Imagine, a puny starter herald commanding such vast armies. It's just a terrible representation of the might of the demon faction.

I do understand your frustration, but perhaps she is merely commanding your troops in your stead while you are off on more pertinent matters?
Haku of Kirigakure
Zerakl the Queen

I do understand your frustration, but perhaps she is merely commanding your troops in your stead while you are off on more pertinent matters?

Hmm...I do handle nightmare. The point is I can handle both.

Distinct Warlord

The fact that I can handle the Wave mission and not very well the Nightmare one indicates that it's only about good cards. emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff