Welcome to Gaia! ::

How difficult would you rate Protect the Princess now that Sir Corwin has to be kept alive, too?

0 - Intro 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 8 ]
1 - Easy 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
2 - Moderate 0.21649484536082 21.6% [ 21 ]
3 - Medium 0.28865979381443 28.9% [ 28 ]
4 - Hard 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
5 - Nightmare 0.18556701030928 18.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 >

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Just beat Wave Attack; won with around 18+ units surviving, which is how much I normally win with anyways.

Definitely much harder now that Keljana does haven't ACC 105, DMG 75, and Special Lock, but definitely possible. You just need to prioritize units Shadow Demon > Slaughter Wheel > Stalker Of Worlds/Cerness The Skull > Void Scarab/Filth Elemental >Lord Of Ashes (those Row 2 bastards!).

Also, someone explain to me why the heck Iona tells Keljana to RIP? Like... what the ********?

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
bumping to keep this on the front page o:

also the spelling and grammar errors in the new dialogues @-@

Cluttered Bear

68,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Invisibility 100
Thanks for the links. Have been playing Wave Attack. ~4000 essence for a win.

Rainbow Sex Symbol

16,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I love wave mode but I still cannot seem to beat it talk2hand

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

Excluding outliers, Protect the Princess has a community-given difficulty rating of 1.2 stars.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Miss Krystal Dawn

Would you like some tips? (I've found this strategy works for me, although I'm sure there are other methods too.)

Split your forces between the two mana well areas next to your home portal, add in reinforcements, and try not to let too many enemy units escape battle. Keep adding reinforcements through the 1st and 2nd waves.

Timing is critical for the 3rd wave. Try to get everyone onto the 2nd portal before the 3rd wave generates (don't wait for Iona's message, it'll be too late), except a couple of attuners, one each per well. You should have enough mana to summon another dragon before the 3rd wave attacks you. It also means that the enemy forces will split up. If you leave it too late you're likely to get pinned and lose because of it.

Next turn, try to move your attuners into your main army and any new reinforcements from your home portal. This should split the 3rd wave up and you should have a numbers advantage for the first 3rd wave battle. After that, you need to jump to one of the mana well areas with enemy forces (don't jump to your home portal though because they'll all jump on you) and after that just mop up the rest of them. smile

Rainbow Sex Symbol

16,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Erynnis_Tristis
Miss Krystal Dawn

Would you like some tips? (I've found this strategy works for me, although I'm sure there are other methods too.)

Split your forces between the two mana well areas next to your home portal, add in reinforcements, and try not to let too many enemy units escape battle. Keep adding reinforcements through the 1st and 2nd waves.

Timing is critical for the 3rd wave. Try to get everyone onto the 2nd portal before the 3rd wave generates (don't wait for Iona's message, it'll be too late), except a couple of attuners, one each per well. You should have enough mana to summon another dragon before the 3rd wave attacks you. It also means that the enemy forces will split up. If you leave it too late you're likely to get pinned and lose because of it.

Next turn, try to move your attuners into your main army and any new reinforcements from your home portal. This should split the 3rd wave up and you should have a numbers advantage for the first 3rd wave battle. After that, you need to jump to one of the mana well areas with enemy forces (don't jump to your home portal though because they'll all jump on you) and after that just mop up the rest of them. smile
Oh my goodness thank you so much for your help! I beat it for the first time today using your tips heart

http://tinypic.com/r/optnxx/6

Shameless Phantom

9,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Is it just me, or does it seem like if you are doing badly early on in wave mode, Belphy summons less troops in the final wave?

I was doing pretty crappy this one game, then got in a 16 vs. 18 battle after the 3rd wave spawned. I was waiting for a counter attack to finish me off after I barely won that battle, but next thing you know, I got the victory wings and about 1,500 E.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

Devil's Nest has been given a community rating of 2.8 stars.

Enduring Citizen

I just played Wave Attack again recently. You may wish to update your stratgey notes, lest you have people scratching their heads over Keljana. I didn't find it that much more difficult without her old special locking ability, although that may be because I was simply bombarded by multiple Cloud Of Curses, thus leaving little AP left for specials.
As Shintouyu stated last week, the key to wave 3 is to have a strict order in which you eliminate the different unit types. I simply cannot sufficiently stress the importance of taking out the Shadow Demons first, you must eliminate all of them on the first round. I will expand on this directive, and suggest using Krylyr The Eye for this task. Whilst his defender is in use, he has a 90% chance to 1 hit KO a Shadow Demon. The smaller the number of units needed to take out a Shadow Demon, the less total damage aura you will suffer. Shintouyu and I both recommend going after the Slaughter Wheels next. Their special has potential for some serious AoE damage. My attacking order is pretty much the same as Shintouyu's, although I would remove the two slashes and take out Stalker Of Worlds before Cerness The Skull and Void Scarab before Filth Elemental. Those Filth Elementals are considerably less effective in offense than they are in defense, so they don't pose much threat. Their special is usually as detrimental to the instigator as it is to the victim. Finally, it's not really worth using Dragoneye Archers to take out Lord Of Ashes early on, you'll end up losing them due to the damage aura. It's generally better to simply have them support the rest of your force in taking out the other units first. As with the Shadow Demons, it's better to hit them with a smaller number of harder hitting units.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
They increased the difficulty of protect the princess it seems, now the enemy summons more units than before including more dragons (used to be one or two).

Seems survivor is changing too, I used to win easily almost every game, now I struggle on most games.
Wave attack should be nightmare.

Enduring Citizen

Zerakl the Queen
Is that because of, or in spite of the fact that you're not in it? Either way, you need to update your username AND signature.
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen
Is that because of, or in spite of the fact that you're not in it? Either way, you need to update your username AND signature.

I am still the Queen. That's good enough for you.

Enduring Citizen

Zerakl the Queen
Trap Lover
Zerakl the Queen

I am still the Queen. That's good enough for you.
If I changed my username to "Trap Lover the Dragonlord" (I would say "Dragonlady" if it didn't mean something else entirely), would that action alone grant me the right to be called that by everyone else?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff