Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Shopper

I have two gaiaonline accounts that I use. This one, which has been my mule to go on zOMG and now to play HoC, and another one which I chat with friends, quest and sell art/enter art contests with.

I was wondering whether it's OK to play HoC on both accounts (ie main and mule account)? If I do, can I convert essence to gold from both?

clarion's King

Super Model

It should be fine, so long as you're not using it to battle yourself and abuse the gold system.

Revered Inquisitor

In addition to what Magus said: Don't pool the gold you convert to one account, else it will violate the ToS and you will be banned.

So, play on two accounts if you wish, and convert the gold... just don't play against yourself and don't move all of the obtained gold (or cards/essence once the marketplace opens) to one account... as gold/item pooling is a bannable offense.

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Chatty Shopper

Gavyn the Mighty
In addition to what Magus said: Don't pool the gold you convert to one account, else it will violate the ToS and you will be banned.

So, play on two accounts if you wish, and convert the gold... just don't play against yourself and don't move all of the obtained gold (or cards/essence once the marketplace opens) to one account... as gold/item pooling is a bannable offense.

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

Battling myself wouldn't be much fun anyway! xD I see your point though.

I wasn't aware of not being able to move the gold though? I mean, I can see how it would be a problem if I use both accounts, but say I only use this one and then send the gold to the other? Is that still a problem?

If it is I guess I'll have to switch to the other account entirely, I don't really change the avatar on this account so there's nothing I would use the gold for here.

Revered Inquisitor

tealove
Gavyn the Mighty

Battling myself wouldn't be much fun anyway! xD I see your point though.

I wasn't aware of not being able to move the gold though? I mean, I can see how it would be a problem if I use both accounts, but say I only use this one and then send the gold to the other? Is that still a problem?

If it is I guess I'll have to switch to the other account entirely, I don't really change the avatar on this account so there's nothing I would use the gold for here.

Yes, it violates the ToS. If you have two accounts, and are using the second one solely to send gold to the other account (which basically sounds like what you are doing, since you don't use the gold on this account and send it to your other one)... it is gold pooling and explicitly stated in the ToS as forbidden.

I'd kindly suggest to not send any more gold between your accounts at all, and hope that you will be all good.

Chatty Shopper

Gavyn the Mighty
Sounds like a plan. I wasn't aware that was the case, so thank you for letting me know!

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Basically to add to what Gav said more specifically the specific tos is

"Gaia may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Gold transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with Gaia Online, such as creating multiple secondary accounts strictly to accumulate Gold by using site features and then funneling it to a singular account."

Also

Zero Omega
Sweet Angel Mary
Zero Omega
Elynai
Question about Booty Grab
Is it okay to use mules to continue playing once you've gotten to the 150k cap? (Assuming you then put all the gold on your main account)
I always thought that it wasn't, I think it was even mentioned in the dev alert when the cap was implemented that it would flag you as a bot. But I sometimes see people saying they do it, once even a mod, so I'm a little confused and I'd just like some clarification.
I mean, what's the point of a cap if you can use a mule to ignore it?

We don't really encourage the use of mules to do this because we put the cap in to prevent Booty Grab generating a ton of gold without completely nerfing it. If we do find you engaging in activity that we believe is bot-like we will investigate it.

would it be safe to assume that playing zomg on multiple accounts is acceptable if you just like killing cute fluffs and clams?

My answer to that is the same as the Booty Grab one.

Remembering zero is a gaia admin. (Who graduated from moddom, and still helps out with mod based stuff)

Though its a vague awnser basically hes saying you are running on ice by doing so, and if they look into it and see "funneling" then you can lose said account and ALL accounts linked to that account (Aka mules)

Edit: Though I always move gold between my accounts because I like to do different things on different accounts, but then I dont tend to play many of the gold generating games. If you are going to move gold between accounts (which is fine) I would just avoid playing the same games on different accounts on the same day.

Like if you gold cap on one account today, and another tomorrow, and another the next day. You can still level multiple accounts and move the gold around, because at no stage are circumventing/breaking the gold cap. You are just reaching it in a different place. (But I would still be careful with this).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff