- made adjustments to fast animation
- added fast and arcane animations
- Adjusted volume of all soundFX down to 65%
- Fix for the fighter consequences/end of animation race condition.
- Adjusts mana flash effect.
- Stop animating all unit assets when they're being loaded, including ones made for another game.
- FPS / memory box now only shows when set by the developers.
- New mana harvesting effect
- Updated sounds
- adding death sounds
- Fixed the spells showing the wrong icon in combat
- spell card fix
- added brutal and arcane animations
- Updating the end game continue button sound.
- Fixed cataclysm highlight glitch.
- Fixed sequence breaking glitch in first combat that players found.
- Noise plays at the beginning of the strategic map phase.
- displaying proper currency icon and amount for spells in spell tray while in battle
- Added the done button sound.
- Fixed glitch where repeatedly calling an errored sound file would cause all sound files to break.
- Added done and start of strategic turn sounds.
- added idol trailer animation to specials that were feeling too short.
- Added pinning sound.
The only functionality that has really changed is playing a game against a friend.
The old system:
- click "play a friend"
- copy the link
- send the link to them somehow -- via IM or e-mail
- when they join, commence
The new system:
(which may still have bugs, btw)
- friend sees you online and challenges you
- if you're not in lobby, you get a notification (not enabled until tomorrow)
- if you're in the lobby, you get a dialog that tells you about the challenge
- you can accept or decline
- if you accept, both you and your friend are put in the game
In the near future you may see some non-Gaia players when you do a PvP match. These will be players from Facebook. When we open the FB game to everyone we'll let you know here, but we're randomly letting in the occasional player so that we can see what needs to be fixed.
Bunch of bug fixes next week, we've been saving up.
It was mentioned that a roadmap for the game would be appreciated, and we're working up a tentative one that we'll make available early next week. As always, your feedback and suggestions are appreciated.
- victory dialog will now show essence before any bonus multipliers.
- rewards for medium difficult were decreased a bit
- rewards for nightmare were increased
- if you forfeit while battles are pending, the other player is granted essence from all of your units locked in battle
- there is a time penalty for forfeiting more than twice a day. Upon third and subsequent forfeits, you'll be prevented from entering PvP immediately. The penalty increases the more you forfeit.
- fixed the bug wherein you would not get essence for units killed via specials or spells
- bunch of card fixed mentioned in this thread
- new packs are being pushed out. gracewar7 will have a more detailed explanation but basically we removed the level progression on packs.
- fixed some assets (specifically, Dragoneye Sorcerer's hyperactiveness).
- new client
- some problems with stats resolved, but there are still pending issues. So, keep telling us if your stats aren't updating, but know that we're looking at the issue.