Pushed out a bug fix for the strategic map freeze.
PLEASE KEEP REPORTING red dots, game freezes, and other issues with the "Beta" button, ideally at the exact point at which the failure occurs. We were able to narrow down the strategic map freeze due to the game states that people had given us via the bug reports.
- new client (with full screen option)
- bug fixes on client to fix various glitch issues
- bug fixes on backend to fix various issues (mostly, hard / nightmare games that would tend to break in the last battle)
- campaign tweaks and dialog changes
(You can right click on the game to see the client version number).
- fixes for Facebook
- some campaign tweaks
- Possible fix for the battle select freezing bug.
- Bugfix: Cancelling a retreat will no longer block clicks from making it through to units.
- Added better tutorial tracking.
- we now have something called "Chaos Keys," which you can gift to a random assortment of your friends daily. You can use a chaos key to allow you a spin at the treasure chest.
- invite prompt and beta bar for Facebook
- a new global leaderboard. This rates every person, both PvE and PvP (basically, the NPCs are given a rating as well, so playing NPCs will also help establish your rating).
- performance improvements for server and client
- performance improvements for AoE spells (Cloud of Curses and What Must Be Done, in particular)
- tutorial and campaign tweaks
Took out the "pause of death" (your name, not ours).
There is a need here that needs to be met -- basically, how do you go to another tab without having the game eat CPU cycles? -- but many people leave the game going on in the background, and the pause was counterproductive.