Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

gracewar7

1- After reading all the feedback on the new packs/pricing, we agree that we don't want to penalize the more casual players who want to buy as they go instead of saving/hoarding up essence, so we'll be adjusting the payouts for rares and above for Bronze and Silver packs to be in line with Gold starting TOMORROW MORNING. In other words, there will be a LOW chance to get a rare and above in the Bronze and Silver packs.

2- Honestly we've considered it. Biggest reason not to is if we decide to make small balancing tweaks here and there we'd have to spend a lot of time communicating and explaining each time.

3- We'll probably start with a few basic runes and expand out from there. Sorry, I don't have an example as the details are still being defined.

4- There's been a ton of back and forth on this and honestly I'm not sure that the current system needs fixing. The proposed solutions appear to have more drawbacks.

5- Honestly, this was meant to make things better/fairer, so we're taken aback by all the negative feedback. You might not believe this but it was mainly to address the "I've bought 100 Platinum packs and got NOTHING!" complaints, and definitely NOT to get more Chaos Cash. We made the essence price of a rare and higher LOWER not HIGHER.
Thankyou <3

5- Oh I'll believe, I was surprised too. I think good part is due to a failure to communicate that. Turns out another part is that something less tangential erm, wrong word, can't remember the right one >.<

Something less tangible! has been taken away xD

And some still think it's still not low enough x P

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Panagrammic
We run internal simulations + have a system of formulas and whatnot for evaluating unit power + look at game results.

People not using a unit doesn't mean it's underpowered, but when EVERYONE starts using a unit it's generally overpowered. smile

Starshine
I've just been lurking, most of the things have been asked already.

I noticed that you said MoF is now balanced in your internal power curve tests. How do you calculate thing like that?

Is it a point evaluation system like shintoyou's?

What does it take for a unit to be considered underpowered? When most people playing that faction don't use it?
Man at arms OP.

How many people use Krylyr?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
gracewar7
"I've bought 100 Platinum packs and got NOTHING!" complaints, and definitely NOT to get more Chaos Cash. We made the essence price of a rare and higher LOWER not HIGHER.

Ahh this reminds me

Say for example I have 1500cc (as I do currently) and I buy one of each pack I have 200 remander cc

are there any plans in the future for other cc uses or will cc below 300 stay relativly locked up without being added to?

Omnipresent Warlord

Panagrammic
1] These are on the fix list.
3] Flight was a mistake -- that was reverted
5] The campaigns should be working now.
7] Define major change? Pack pricing?

Well ok. Let's go over some major changes.

1. In the closed Beta you guys had broken cards available. I got some and I was happy to have them even if they didn't work. Then you guys made them unavailable so people knew those cards I had were out there and I did use them from time to time and we didn't know that so many cards were made unavailable and we spent a lot of essence chasing after cards we couldn't get because we weren't told they were off market.

2) Then all the packs became available. The odds of getting good cards wasn't known and they were not consistent.

3) Then the packs were made more expensive. The odds of getting good things were dropped dramatically. In the case of Iona Reserves they card description became a lie. The most expensive packs... weren't really the best ones to buy to get decent cards.

4) And then you did away with the leveling system completely. We were told we would get better bonus cards from being a higher level initially and even at level 80 the chances of getting a 3 star card are very very slim. Now the packs went up dramatically in prices with the odds changed yet again and its left for us to guess through trial and error of how good what pack is.

Explaining in clear terms what we get would help. Telling us what good leveling up will do would be nice because now it seems there is absolutely no benefit to being a higher level. Explaining bonus cards better would be nice.

IRL Otaku

19,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Panagrammic
They'll be usable either for runes or for the marketplace.

How do we get said "runes"? I don't see a rune section in the shop. Have they not been released yet?
TeezyCat
Please tell Pan not to work so hard when he's sick.
I have been, and I have the email logs to prove it.

The man is just too dedicated to Gaia for his own good.

Super Noob

9,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
Doc_Ray
The Death Dealer was moved to the front row as part of the drive to make each Herald feel more unique.

Wait -- why does both Death Dealer and Corwin have similar speeds? Is it balancing issues? Maybe to make up for what seems likeunderpowerment? And also, why so fast in the first place?

Also (sorry for the slew of questions) why did you remove Corwin's veteran? Not only was it a pretty playable trait of his, it makes him unique from Death Dealer's Drain special and Rakyl's former double damage/ current stun attacks.

Destructive Bunny

Panagrammic
We run internal simulations + have a system of formulas and whatnot for evaluating unit power + look at game results.

People not using a unit doesn't mean it's underpowered, but when EVERYONE starts using a unit it's generally overpowered. smile
I see, thanks for answering ;3

Are you planning on rebalancing other units that have been out for sometime?

Does this mean that units like krylyr or Cadogan are in danger of being rebalanced as well?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Doc_Ray
are new ones to try that are uniquely demonic.

Ignoring all else, I do love things that are faction appropriate and demonstrated as such ^_^

*waits for more HoC mangas*

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Panagrammic

is giving rewards to people in the top spots on the leader board on your list of things to do? if it is, where does it stand? also have the same question regarding better bonus cards for nightmare (i.e. slim chances of obtaining epic cards)

Star Pirate

Also any chance you guys can take a look at Mana Corruption? (4 star Demon Spell) It always gives me weird results when I use it and I can't really pin down why. For example, sometimes my opponent ends up with way more mana than they should have after suffering the effect. Sometimes mana wells stay stuck giving 4 until they're moved away from and back to. I've tried running a bunch of tests versus alts so there's no interfering variables but it just confuses me more, haha.

Maybe a more detailed explanation of how it works and what features it affects would iron out some of my math. (Does it affect all mana features? Home base included? What about spaces that give 2 each, do those go up to 4 each?)

Revered Inquisitor

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Runes is the name of the (coming) feature that allows you to enhance your cards.

phoenix of the damned
Panagrammic
They'll be usable either for runes or for the marketplace.

How do we get said "runes"? I don't see a rune section in the shop. Have they not been released yet?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ginnjii

don8 25 g0ldz thEn pl0x

I think I gave myself cancer typing like that.

5-1~1~`/ 1f `/0() 1^141V7 (41V(31~ 71~115 15 17!

Dont even try and make me go deep 1337 emo

It can still get scarier....

Witty Gaian

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
Sagebomb
Doc_Ray
are new ones to try that are uniquely demonic.

Ignoring all else, I do love things that are faction appropriate and demonstrated as such ^_^

*waits for more HoC mangas*

This.

I never pay attention to the gaia mangas and find them to be, in general, uninteresting to me. I'd love to see some more faction specific manga though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff