Welcome to Gaia! ::

Winged Phantom

18,550 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I forgot to add that I really like the name Council of Chaos. 3nodding

Just pulled The Fallen One from a gold pack.

Magical Gatekeeper

I've just been lurking, most of the things have been asked already.

I noticed that you said MoF is now balanced in your internal power curve tests. How do you calculate thing like that?

Is it a point evaluation system like shintoyou's?

What does it take for a unit to be considered underpowered? When most people playing that faction don't use it?

Combative Codger

12,900 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
gracewar7

5- Honestly, this was meant to make things better/fairer, so we're taken aback by all the negative feedback. You might not believe this but it was mainly to address the "I've bought 100 Platinum packs and got NOTHING!" complaints, and definitely NOT to get more Chaos Cash. We made the essence price of a rare and higher LOWER not HIGHER.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Admittedly limited results would suggest that's not the case.

Aged Prophet

18,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Divine_Malevolence
She doesn't currently have veteran, nor does she need it....

If that's what you're talking about.

Sorry bad refference on my behalf, I meant about MoF getting made softer hitting, I dont mind giving her hard hitting back...as long as she dosent become the king of hitting so quickly with all the avalon buffs. Like adding only 10 instead of 20 seems nicer XD

Combative Codger

12,900 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Panagrammic
The extra time on battle rounds 2+ is for different platforms to have enough time to play the animations.

Erogenous Jones
Actually, now that I've got that off my chest, I do have another question that doesn't appear to have been asked yet.

Do we really need to have the time Pre and Post Battle?
I mean the countdown that happens once you've made all your moves and the overview map comes on the screen, and the one that happens once a Battle has been decided.

There can be a rather irksome amount of time spent staring at that timer counting down, and while I wouldn't want to reduce the amount of time given for strategy, I'd think we wouldn't need a timer once the strategies had been locked in.

Makes sense.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Keep the Corwins. They'll be usable either for runes or for the marketplace.

xBillehx

Any thoughts on a rare exchanger? Like exchanging a certain amount of rares for a random epic, certain amount of epics for a random legendary. (10>1? 20>1? whatever you guys feel is worth it) If upgrading is too much how about something like exchanging 3 cards of the same rarity for a chance at a different card of that rarity level?

Basically just something to do with all the extra copies of Sir Corwin floating around. Maybe runes will help out in that area but there's not much info out yet so. razz

Conversationalist

Incoming wall 'o text Pan. Sorry about facing all this waffling with the flu and on meds. That said..

..what's the priority on fixing most of the glitches in-game?

Honestly at times PvP is simply intolerable with the amount of refreshing one would have to do, and that's only if you notice something off with the map. Couple that in with the timer and the syncing and all of that, it does tend to be annoying.

So instead of tinkering with assets like packs and units to cater and fix in-game balance. What's the priority on fixing glitches, some of which have been around for ages? Is there anything we can do aside from send multiple bug reports via the in-game reporter?

This is a side-note of sorts but what about disabling most animation (Mana attuning, unit summon fx, etc.) ? Some of them are terribly laggy. Take Cloud of Curses for example, so would it be possible to have an option to forego the special animation for just on-screen text of some sort maybe?

Is there any way or are there plans to create options to adjust the resolution on the game? Maybe a resizer or zoom function? I'm talking about the main map/strat screen, not the battle phase one.

Finally, not so much a question but a tiny pet peeve. The recent forfeit penalty has led to people simply closing the game window and leaving the player hanging instead having to sit through four turns worth of timer bonding. I find this somewhat irksome and it really has surged since the penalty implementation and it seems to have done nothing to keep people from forfeiting or just closing the window. And since the issue of essence grant on mid battle forfeits has been solved, why penalize someone who wants out and essentially saves the time on both players? Could we maybe take a look at this?

As for the nerfs and such. I'd agree with most of them honestly, and if repeated attempts at balancing helps the game in the long run, I'm sure it's well deserved. Regardless of majority.

If any of the above's been answered elsewhere in greater detail, do ignore it and apologies for the repetition.

Aaaand. Please do get well soon!

Revered Inquisitor

Owlie

smile

Congrats on TFO.

Aged Prophet

18,500 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Recently when getting the 4 turn auto forfiet I have been checking with the people I know who tend not to let thier games time out like that. Seems a couple times either thier game hasnt activated, or they have left the cue but still been put into a game (just not on thier side).

Is this a known bug, should I start reporting these game states? Seems to be happening quite often

Blessed Tactician

11,050 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Panagrammic
Keep the Corwins. They'll be usable either for runes or for the marketplace.

xBillehx

Any thoughts on a rare exchanger? Like exchanging a certain amount of rares for a random epic, certain amount of epics for a random legendary. (10>1? 20>1? whatever you guys feel is worth it) If upgrading is too much how about something like exchanging 3 cards of the same rarity for a chance at a different card of that rarity level?

Basically just something to do with all the extra copies of Sir Corwin floating around. Maybe runes will help out in that area but there's not much info out yet so. razz

Witty Gaian

10,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
Owlie

Congrats!

I liked Catachat for the name. Sounds more fun.
Tidy Idleness
Question on death dealer: could he not have been kept in the back row? Maybe not buffed him quite as much? Maybe having a fear unit in the back row was annoying? Not sure. Certainly liked him where he didn't die quite as quickly, though I do really like his new speed (his other buffs too).
I can field this one.

The Death Dealer was moved to the front row as part of the drive to make each Herald feel more unique. Death Dealer was designed to be iconic of the Hellspawn's most destructive aspects. I wanted him to be able to start the game cutting a bloody path across the map, with all other concerns being secondary. Long-term strategy, survival, and even acting as a leader all take a back seat. So long as he was safely nestled in the back row, he never felt like that engine of destruction. Honestly, he felt like Sir Corwin wearing spikes half the time.

Now, I know that means that the old strategies using him aren't going to work anymore, but there are new ones to try that are uniquely demonic.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We run internal simulations + have a system of formulas and whatnot for evaluating unit power + look at game results.

People not using a unit doesn't mean it's underpowered, but when EVERYONE starts using a unit it's generally overpowered. smile

Starshine
I've just been lurking, most of the things have been asked already.

I noticed that you said MoF is now balanced in your internal power curve tests. How do you calculate thing like that?

Is it a point evaluation system like shintoyou's?

What does it take for a unit to be considered underpowered? When most people playing that faction don't use it?

Conversationalist

Sagebomb
Ginnjii

Don8 proceeds 50/50 pl0x.

w00t Im l1k 50 g0ldz richUR.

don8 25 g0ldz thEn pl0x

I think I gave myself cancer typing like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff