Welcome to Gaia! ::

gataka
lol, I managed to be late xD

1- Can you get Epics and Legends out of Silver packs?
2- Why not display the odds?
3- Can you give a rune example? emotion_kirakira
4- Do you something planned to address the pinning woes?

From Brash Candiboot:

5-"WHY??" (I mean, there has GOT to be some hardcore math behind this. Not enough players using Chaos Cash? Poke their coin-purses with a stick?!)

1- After reading all the feedback on the new packs/pricing, we agree that we don't want to penalize the more casual players who want to buy as they go instead of saving/hoarding up essence, so we'll be adjusting the payouts for rares and above for Bronze and Silver packs to be in line with Gold starting TOMORROW MORNING. In other words, there will be a LOW chance to get a rare and above in the Bronze and Silver packs.

2- Honestly we've considered it. Biggest reason not to is if we decide to make small balancing tweaks here and there we'd have to spend a lot of time communicating and explaining each time.

3- We'll probably start with a few basic runes and expand out from there. Sorry, I don't have an example as the details are still being defined.

4- There's been a ton of back and forth on this and honestly I'm not sure that the current system needs fixing. The proposed solutions appear to have more drawbacks.

5- Honestly, this was meant to make things better/fairer, so we're taken aback by all the negative feedback. You might not believe this but it was mainly to address the "I've bought 100 Platinum packs and got NOTHING!" complaints, and definitely NOT to get more Chaos Cash. We made the essence price of a rare and higher LOWER not HIGHER.
Question on death dealer: could he not have been kept in the back row? Maybe not buffed him quite as much? Maybe having a fear unit in the back row was annoying? Not sure. Certainly liked him where he didn't die quite as quickly, though I do really like his new speed (his other buffs too).

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
scullylam

oh right. i don't have those other two. i like my ??? rank since i'm more awesome defeating the computer. cool

oh wow. hmmm... maybe some milk or whatever drink you like will help balance it all out.

No one does...I just want them to be actual achievements...just like a kill belphy 1000 times would also be cool.

XD Im fine with most foods, I tend to follow health studies and what not...but the only diet for me is generalised moderation.

But in terms of labels like "gluten-free, fat free, sugar free" etc, I know how most of them are just advertising ticers and usually is just another way of saying high in other things....Yay for the power of labeling XD
Omnileech
3) Why was any starter Herald given back flight. We went over this in the closed beta: having a herald with flight is overpowered. It was the largest complaint over Raykl back then.
That was an accident, and has already been fixed. None of the current heralds are supposed to have flight.

We tested giving Raykl flight back, and we discovered that is was just as bonkers now as it was then.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
1] These are on the fix list.
3] Flight was a mistake -- that was reverted
5] The campaigns should be working now.
7] Define major change? Pack pricing?

Omnileech
1) Why hasn't open the gates and mana convergence been addressed yet? They've been buggy since they've been released. Some eta would be great.

2) How about you give us the exact odds of getting what card in a pack. Gaia, in games, never gives nearly enough information. Take ZOMG, you guys never told us the formula for how some rings that debuff stats on enemies actually does. If there is a 2% chance of getting a rare from a silver pack, then I think we ought to know that there's a 2% chance of getting a rare. That way if something IS wrong then we know it sooner. You guys have changed so much with packs since the closed beta and usually we know about it only after you made changes and we have to figure it out for ourselves that some packs don't give out what they were supposed to or flat-out lied with their descriptions.

3) Why was any starter Herald given back flight. We went over this in the closed beta: having a herald with flight is overpowered. It was the largest complaint over Raykl back then.

4) When are you going to make Breastworks a card we can do something with? It's just taking up space.

5) Campaign mode wasn't working last I checked. Maybe it was fixed.

6) Please don't be so quick to cave to pressure when people complain about unit nerfing. If the forum had their say then every unit they owned would be overpowered and when you take that away they complain no matter how well-deserved a nerf is. Master of Flames was overpowered and people knew it. They just don't want to give that up. While I'm at it? Mountain Wyrm needs a nerf too for a 36 cost unit. I suggest cutting its solitary and defender in half or reducing its special to 30.

7) Can the developers please give more advance warning before a major change and explain their rationale before doing so? It would smooth things over.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Question:
Why are all the heralds priced at forty mana?
The cases where they're actually worth it are few and far between, and I don't think lowering their mana costs would have any impact on the unit you start with.

Neophyte Soldier

13,075 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
Doc_Ray
gataka
Doc_Ray
Howdy, everyone. I'm delurking for this chat.

I've been working on the recent card changes and the new Heralds. I'll be helping Panagrammic field any questions on the recent tweaks.
Hello, how long have you been working on HoC? o3o
I've been on HoC for a year and a bit now, mostly getting the graphics technology in place. Recently, I've been doubling as the designer for new units' stats.
Please tell Pan not to work so hard when he's sick.

Familiar Lunatic

Doc_Ray
gataka
Doc_Ray

I've been working on the recent card changes and the new Heralds. I'll be helping Panagrammic field any questions on the recent tweaks.
Hello, how long have you been working on HoC? o3o
I've been on HoC for a year and a bit now, mostly getting the graphics technology in place. Recently, I've been doubling as the designer for new units' stats.
Oh, if I may ask, what were you working on before working on HoC?

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
What, you don't like my simply elegant HTML?

We have a contractor helping us with chat PvP atm, so it's in process.

InferiorPringle
Did the bug report screen get beautified? emotion_kirakira

Also, any news on a PvP chat system?

(New suggestion: Ho CAT-- Heralds of Chaos Admin Talk. Creativity ahoy!)

Revered Inquisitor

Sagebomb
Gavyn the Mighty
gataka
Oh, is anyone planing to archive all the answers like Platonix does?

...I think I once said I would but now I feel like... it's not going to happen :U

Ooohhhh Sagey......

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Since this is a dedicated thread already, I expected a direct link to refference it onces its unstickied would help.

Does a dedicated thread really need the junk futher sifted out?

I dunno. razz

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Doc_Ray

Did you make this profile just for the ata

Any chance we can lure you into coming out in the community more often twisted

*post stalks you posts....*

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
The extra time on battle rounds 2+ is for different platforms to have enough time to play the animations.

Erogenous Jones
Actually, now that I've got that off my chest, I do have another question that doesn't appear to have been asked yet.

Do we really need to have the time Pre and Post Battle?
I mean the countdown that happens once you've made all your moves and the overview map comes on the screen, and the one that happens once a Battle has been decided.

There can be a rather irksome amount of time spent staring at that timer counting down, and while I wouldn't want to reduce the amount of time given for strategy, I'd think we wouldn't need a timer once the strategies had been locked in.
Erogenous Jones
Actually, now that I've got that off my chest, I do have another question that doesn't appear to have been asked yet.

Do we really need to have the time Pre and Post Battle?
I mean the countdown that happens once you've made all your moves and the overview map comes on the screen, and the one that happens once a Battle has been decided.

There can be a rather irksome amount of time spent staring at that timer counting down, and while I wouldn't want to reduce the amount of time given for strategy, I'd think we wouldn't need a timer once the strategies had been locked in.

I sincerely second this. Maybe 15 seconds or so post battle is all that is needed to look at your units (life totals) that weren't involved in the primary battle. Otherwise the pre-battle seems completely a time sink.

Oh, and I guess 10 seconds pre-battle for choosing attack/retreat for the other battles. But not as long as the current.

Revered Inquisitor

So, who is/are the artists I can bug about the unit artwork for backgrounds? Lol.

Star Pirate

Any thoughts on a rare exchanger? Like exchanging a certain amount of rares for a random epic, certain amount of epics for a random legendary. (10>1? 20>1? whatever you guys feel is worth it) If upgrading is too much how about something like exchanging 3 cards of the same rarity for a chance at a different card of that rarity level?

Basically just something to do with all the extra copies of Sir Corwin floating around. Maybe runes will help out in that area but there's not much info out yet so. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff