Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
So, when you report using the in-game bug report, it snapshots the game state so that we can easily look at it later -- so, go ahead and report each individual one, it helps us with data collection and narrowing down possible causes.

It helps if forum threads about bugs are combined, though, especially if OP is collating information and whatnot.

But, in any event, we appreciate the bug reports, no matter how they're done.

Owlie
Thought of more questions..

Since the most recent update, sometimes the battle freezes between rounds and nothing is clickable.

Do you prefer just one bug report for that game, or would you prefer a bug report sent after each time it freezes? I don't want to clutter up your inbox but I figured that having it reported each time it happens might make the cause easier to find.

Any news on getting Mana Convergence fixed? Having to refresh the map after using it every time can be a real hassle, especially in PvP when there's a timer counting down.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Owlie

I was referring to the in game bug report, not the forum.

I know, but if you are getting multiples, then stacking and organising them togather can still be better organised for yourself. Just my two cents though.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Panagrammic
So, when you report using the in-game bug report, it snapshots the game state so that we can easily look at it later -- so, go ahead and report each individual one, it helps us with data collection and narrowing down possible causes.

It helps if forum threads about bugs are combined, though, especially if OP is collating information and whatnot.

But, in any event, we appreciate the bug reports, no matter how they're done.

Owlie
Thought of more questions..

Since the most recent update, sometimes the battle freezes between rounds and nothing is clickable.

Do you prefer just one bug report for that game, or would you prefer a bug report sent after each time it freezes? I don't want to clutter up your inbox but I figured that having it reported each time it happens might make the cause easier to find.

Any news on getting Mana Convergence fixed? Having to refresh the map after using it every time can be a real hassle, especially in PvP when there's a timer counting down.

I'll keep sending multiples then. 3nodding

I can't tell what the trigger for it is yet.

Familiar Lunatic

Doc_Ray
Howdy, everyone. I'm delurking for this chat.

I've been working on the recent card changes and the new Heralds. I'll be helping Panagrammic field any questions on the recent tweaks.
Hello, how long have you been working on HoC? o3o

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
gataka
scullylam
*hands out cookies to everyone* User Image
emotion_omnomnom

biggrin

Sagebomb
scullylam

oh. well i know there is some gluten free cookies here too. xd and yeah i have the timid achievement. i need that flame one though. ^^;;;

*hands out cookies to everyone* User Image

I need a 500 win one ninja or a 1000 win one to head for in terms of PvP....

Appreciates your gluten freee....though

"Foods that are gluten-free are often thought to be low-carb because they lack wheat flour. While it is true that wheat flour is a source of carbohydrates, gluten-free foods often contain other ingredients that are just as high if not higher in carbohydrates than flour'

The carb bosses may not agree XD

Still I am fine with carbs...

oh right. i don't have those other two. i like my ??? rank since i'm more awesome defeating the computer. cool

oh wow. hmmm... maybe some milk or whatever drink you like will help balance it all out.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Oh, I totes mc'goats forgot one of my larger concerns.

Since massive amounts of essence gains seem to be a problem that manifests itself as massive pack prices presumably to keep an oversaturation of high value cards out of the system, think it'd be a worthwhile venture to put in place a system where one could modify the appearance of their units, perhaps via ripping apart other units and using their limbs and attaching them to other units with some essence cost?

It could cut down the number of high value units whilst also providing a secondary drain. M'thinks.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Divine_Malevolence

Wouldn't it be better for Avalon as a whole if Eldwyn and the Gray Mage's special abilities only increased damage by ten, whereas What Must Be Done increased it by twenty?
And would it be possible to make spells in general more worth having?

For me as a avid NON-avalon player, I had no problem with her start attack...just how fast she was able to hit for over 100

twisted give her back her hard hits and make her immune to buffs twisted

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
We have a bunch of new campaigns that are awaiting our new campaign page.

For a while we were concentrating on the new lobby / FB, but now we're back onto bug fixes and balancing.

Junett
Hi Pan and Co!

First, hope you feel better Pan. I read you were on antibiotics. It sounds like that nasty flu that's been going around.

And here's my questions:

What kinds of things are you guys working on now? Any new campaigns or anything? Also what is the priority of fixing glitches over other things?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Ginnjii

Don8 proceeds 50/50 pl0x.

w00t Im l1k 50 g0ldz richUR.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Sagebomb
Divine_Malevolence

Wouldn't it be better for Avalon as a whole if Eldwyn and the Gray Mage's special abilities only increased damage by ten, whereas What Must Be Done increased it by twenty?
And would it be possible to make spells in general more worth having?

For me as a avid NON-avalon player, I had no problem with her start attack...just how fast she was able to hit for over 100

twisted give her back her hard hits and make her immune to buffs twisted
She doesn't currently have veteran, nor does she need it....

If that's what you're talking about.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gavyn the Mighty
gataka
Oh, is anyone planing to archive all the answers like Platonix does?

...I think I once said I would but now I feel like... it's not going to happen :U

Ooohhhh Sagey......

Guys, seriously... if there is a thread or a post around here that you don't like... leave it be. Spreading hate and trolling people has no place in this community. Certain people may have been in the wrong, but when you troll or hate on them you get in the wrong too. Don't prolong it or add to it; let it go. If it is blatant trolling, a misplaced thread or anything that violates the ToS, report it and move along. Don't feed the trolls and don't add to the hatred. This is a nice, clean and happy community. Please, don't dirty it.

I am Gavyn the Mighty and I approve of this message.

Since this is a dedicated thread already, I expected a direct link to refference it onces its unstickied would help.

Does a dedicated thread really need the junk futher sifted out?

Omnipresent Warlord

1) Why hasn't open the gates and mana convergence been addressed yet? They've been buggy since they've been released. Some eta would be great.

2) How about you give us the exact odds of getting what card in a pack. Gaia, in games, never gives nearly enough information. Take ZOMG, you guys never told us the formula for how some rings that debuff stats on enemies actually does. If there is a 2% chance of getting a rare from a silver pack, then I think we ought to know that there's a 2% chance of getting a rare. That way if something IS wrong then we know it sooner. You guys have changed so much with packs since the closed beta and usually we know about it only after you made changes and we have to figure it out for ourselves that some packs don't give out what they were supposed to or flat-out lied with their descriptions.

3) Why was any starter Herald given back flight. We went over this in the closed beta: having a herald with flight is overpowered. It was the largest complaint over Raykl back then.

4) When are you going to make Breastworks a card we can do something with? It's just taking up space.

5) Campaign mode wasn't working last I checked. Maybe it was fixed.

6) Please don't be so quick to cave to pressure when people complain about unit nerfing. If the forum had their say then every unit they owned would be overpowered and when you take that away they complain no matter how well-deserved a nerf is. Master of Flames was overpowered and people knew it. They just don't want to give that up. While I'm at it? Mountain Wyrm needs a nerf too for a 36 cost unit. I suggest cutting its solitary and defender in half or reducing its special to 30.

7) Can the developers please give more advance warning before a major change and explain their rationale before doing so? It would smooth things over.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Actually, now that I've got that off my chest, I do have another question that doesn't appear to have been asked yet.

Do we really need to have the time Pre and Post Battle?
I mean the countdown that happens once you've made all your moves and the overview map comes on the screen, and the one that happens once a Battle has been decided.

There can be a rather irksome amount of time spent staring at that timer counting down, and while I wouldn't want to reduce the amount of time given for strategy, I'd think we wouldn't need a timer once the strategies had been locked in.
gataka
Doc_Ray
Howdy, everyone. I'm delurking for this chat.

I've been working on the recent card changes and the new Heralds. I'll be helping Panagrammic field any questions on the recent tweaks.
Hello, how long have you been working on HoC? o3o
I've been on HoC for a year and a bit now, mostly getting the graphics technology in place. Recently, I've been doubling as the designer for new units' stats.

Super Noob

9,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
Did the bug report screen get beautified? emotion_kirakira

Also, any news on a PvP chat system?

(New suggestion: Ho CAT-- Heralds of Chaos Admin Talk. Creativity ahoy!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff