Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Hey, there, welcome to the first HoC ATA thread -- best possible names I've heard for this are CataChat or ArmageddonTalk, but we're open to other suggestions. Leave your questions below!

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Yay open heart

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
first? oh yay got beat. biggrin

>> btw, i don't have anything to say just wanted to read to stay caught up on things.. ^^;;;

Revered Inquisitor

I prefer the name HoC Council of Chaos. biggrin

1] I know you said you would try to get a roadmap out soon, any ideas one when it may actually come out?

2] How close is an announcement for the facebook version being ‘fully operational’?

3] After facebook, I believe the marketplace is next in line… any idea on a time frame for that at this time?

4] While working on all of these updates, etc… do you guys keep working on more cards on the side so that you won’t have to grind them all out when you want to release a few new cards?

5] With regards to Shintuoyu’s card icon thread (I mentioned this in the AtA and Pan wasn’t sure which thread I mentioned), these two icons User Image and User Image are these cards out?

6] I’ve made a statistical thread and a thread laying out the card stats for each card (a bit different from one another. I am wondering if you guys have made up something similar for reference when you go to make new cards up to get them properly balanced… or if you do it by ear, so to speak?

7] Any idea on when tiers may be adjusted or not? [As a level 60, I am fine with it where it is… due to lack of players still… but Lv.30s likely would like a 30-40…etc]

8] The new heralds look a bit smaller size wise then all other cards… why are they so small?

9] Do you guys plan to release another site wide ‘HoC Deck’ item with more clothing of our units? [Gavyn please?]

10] I was wondering if you guys would consider sharing some more of the artwork used in the game… like final images of the units that we could use as backgrounds or something? [Again, Gavyn please? Ha ha]

11] With respect to the card creator that Starshine got the code for and Kitty made into a lovely page… I made a thread a while back for a ‘user created card contest’ in the feature requests... with the addition to our forum of this card generator… it looks like something that may actually be doable in the future. Is it still something that could be considered once time is gotten for it?

12] What are your opinions on players playing the game solely for gaia gold?

13] As an extension, when players compare the worth of a pack or cards to gaian gold (via the conversion ratio), what all do you guys feel about that. Do you feel that an actual ‘Gaia Gold equivalent’ of a pack or a card exists? i.e. do you feel those arguments to be justified?

14] Do you guys plan on doing a lot more card stat adjustments anytime soon?

15] Kak’s defender still doesn’t work. – via ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

16] Why was Master of Flames damage dropped so low to 40? I feel 50-55 would be more adequate. Prior to the update, MoF felt like a 30 mana unit, i.e. it could hold its own 1 on 1… now, it needs protection to even survive against similar cost units. Again, I feel that the 40 is too low. It is far more cost efficient to summon an 18 and 12 mana unit both instead of MoF now.

17] I sincerely hope that Raykl does not keep flight. Do you not feel it a bit unfair to give a herald (the unit which you start the game with) something as one sided as flight? It is basically unstoppable to prevent someone from portal rushing now. All they have to do is use Raykl. Heralds shouldn’t have flight 2 or movement 2… it is so bad that you can now portal rush Belphegor (nightmare) with it, and prevent the AI from even getting a single portal. If that isn’t imbalanced, I don’t know what is.

18] With all of these changes, is Krylyr, Void Scarab, etc. far behind?

19] With an increase in pack cost/decrease in amount of packs… would it be possible to adjust the card sellback prices to make it seem more worthwhile if you get bad cards from packs/bonus card… to say 1*, 2* at 100 and 200 essence?

20] Would it be more balanced for Raykl to have his HP stay the same, have scout instead of flight and return his special to the old version – via ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

21] With the opening of HoC to the entire community, would it be possible to at least get a second moderator for the forum?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
So...Did you manage to rustle up extras for this? how many people are on the "dedicated" aka "not-just-sometimes" HoC team atm?

This road map, are we likly to see a rough layout of it any time soon?

Distinct Lunatic

Armageddon and You.

Do you plan on having these semi-regularly?

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Could you give Master of Flames her damage back? Just increase her cost to 35 or 40 mana to keep her balanced.

She's not worth using anymore.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
scullylam

>> btw, i don't have anything to say just wanted to read to stay caught up on things.. ^^;;;

Sorry, I try and ata ninja..

But yeah a lot of questions atm I know others will ask better than me atm XD.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Sagebomb
scullylam

Sorry, I try and ata ninja..

But yeah a lot of questions atm I know others will ask better than me atm XD.

it's cool. i was kinda lurking around and hesitating to post and anyway i guess i can be the resident peep with food? cookie anyone? xd

Revered Inquisitor

Also, what would it take to get this thread stickied?

It is very helpful, I feel, and should be something that everyone can see at the top of the forums. smile

Deadly Bibliophile

21,425 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100
Gavyn the Mighty

ninja *comes out of lurking to approve of this* ^^b

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
scullylam

it's cool. i was kinda lurking around and hesitating to post and anyway i guess i can be the resident peep with food? cookie anyone? xd

Going for the "timid" achievement? Im sure you have it already XD

Food is good....though becareful with those carbs around here. Some people here arent so carb friendly XD.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
ARGH small type.

1. Yeah, we have one worked up internally -- we'll see if we can get that out tomorrow.

2. We're testing FB right now to make sure the flow works. We did our first test mailing today, so FB is soon.

3. Defer to roadmap.

7. When there's enough players that the tiers aren't empty all the time (although I've also been mulling over the possibility of handicapping).

8. Might be an art asset issue? I'll ask [JK].

12. This is fine -- it's another activity to do on the site. We'll keep the gold earnings pegged below BG / zOMG, though.

13. Gaia Gold prices shouldn't figure into it -- it's an external economy with only a one-way conversion.

more in a bit

Gavyn the Mighty

1] I know you said you would try to get a roadmap out soon, any ideas one when it may actually come out?

2] How close is an announcement for the facebook version being ‘fully operational’?

3] After facebook, I believe the marketplace is next in line… any idea on a time frame for that at this time?

4] While working on all of these updates, etc… do you guys keep working on more cards on the side so that you won’t have to grind them all out when you want to release a few new cards?

5] With regards to Shintuoyu’s card icon thread (I mentioned this in the AtA and Pan wasn’t sure which thread I mentioned), these two icons User Image and User Image are these cards out?

6] I’ve made a statistical thread and a thread laying out the card stats for each card (a bit different from one another. I am wondering if you guys have made up something similar for reference when you go to make new cards up to get them properly balanced… or if you do it by ear, so to speak?

7] Any idea on when tiers may be adjusted or not? [As a level 60, I am fine with it where it is… due to lack of players still… but Lv.30s likely would like a 30-40…etc]

8] The new heralds look a bit smaller size wise then all other cards… why are they so small?

9] Do you guys plan to release another site wide ‘HoC Deck’ item with more clothing of our units? [Gavyn please?]

10] I was wondering if you guys would consider sharing some more of the artwork used in the game… like final images of the units that we could use as backgrounds or something? [Again, Gavyn please? Ha ha]

11] With respect to the card creator that Starshine got the code for and Kitty made into a lovely page… I made a thread a while back for a ‘user created card contest’ in the feature requests... with the addition to our forum of this card generator… it looks like something that may actually be doable in the future. Is it still something that could be considered once time is gotten for it?

12] What are your opinions on players playing the game solely for gaia gold?

13] As an extension, when players compare the worth of a pack or cards to gaian gold (via the conversion ratio), what all do you guys feel about that. Do you feel that an actual ‘Gaia Gold equivalent’ of a pack or a card exists? i.e. do you feel those arguments to be justified?

14] Do you guys plan on doing a lot more card stat adjustments anytime soon?

15] Kak’s defender still doesn’t work. – via Kenny

16] Why was Master of Flames damage dropped so low to 40? I feel 50-55 would be more adequate. Prior to the update, MoF felt like a 30 mana unit, i.e. it could hold its own 1 on 1… now, it needs protection to even survive against similar cost units. Again, I feel that the 40 is too low. It is far more cost efficient to summon an 18 and 12 mana unit both instead of MoF now.

17] I sincerely hope that Raykl does not keep flight. Do you not feel it a bit unfair to give a herald (the unit which you start the game with) something as one sided as flight? It is basically unstoppable to prevent someone from portal rushing now. All they have to do is use Raykl. Heralds shouldn’t have flight 2 or movement 2… it is so bad that you can now portal rush Belphegor (nightmare) with it, and prevent the AI from even getting a single portal. If that isn’t imbalanced, I don’t know what is.

18] With all of these changes, is Krylyr, Void Scarab, etc. far behind?

19] With an increase in pack cost/decrease in amount of packs… would it be possible to adjust the card sellback prices to make it seem more worthwhile if you get bad cards from packs/bonus card… to say 1*, 2* at 100 and 200 essence?

20] Would it be more balanced for Raykl to have his HP stay the same, have scout instead of flight and return his special to the old version – via Kenny

21] With the opening of HoC to the entire community, would it be possible to at least get a second moderator for the forum?

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Gavyn the Mighty
Also, what would it take to get this thread stickied?

It is very helpful, I feel, and should be something that everyone can see at the top of the forums. smile

I would definitly second this.
Hi everyone! Just lurking around for our first council. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas