Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Thank you SO much, broken pinning mechanism

emotion_yatta

...what strategy do you guys use to win?

CIoud Nine's Husband

Winged Warlord

24,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
Congrats xD
Usually I send all of my units except 2 attuners to the other portal before the 3rd wave. Then Belphegor would just throw a few units at me each turn if I get lucky.

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
Congrats xD
Usually I send all of my units except 2 attuners to the other portal before the 3rd wave. Then Belphegor would just throw a few units at me each turn if I get lucky.

That sounds a lot less convoluted than what I do xD

I never take the second portal because it splits my army too much, so I stay on the two mana wells until the last few stragglers of the second wave, then leave one trash unit on one mana well and retreat to the other. Half of Belphy's army attacks the one unit and the other half attacks my combined army and dies. After that, I use a trash unit from my home portal to (hopefully) pin the stack that attacked the single unit while the rest of Belphy's army attacks my main army on the mana well. After that round, I usually either attack what's left myself, or retreat to my home portal to finish off the rest.

...now I feel kinda stupid though, knowing that there might be simpler ways to do it >>

CIoud Nine's Husband

Winged Warlord

24,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
stickfanatic
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
Congrats xD

I never take the second portal because it splits my army too much, so I stay on the two mana wells until the last few stragglers of the second wave, then leave one trash unit on one mana well and retreat to the other. Half of Belphy's army attacks the one unit and the other half attacks my combined army and dies. After that, I use a trash unit from my home portal to (hopefully) pin the stack that attacked the single unit while the rest of Belphy's army attacks my main army on the mana well. After that round, I usually either attack what's left myself, or retreat to my home portal to finish off the rest.

...now I feel kinda stupid though, knowing that there might be simpler ways to do it >>

Lol, the way I do it doesn't always work though. Sometimes she sends all of her units at me at once and I lose, it basically depends on luck. I've tried the way you've done it many times and failed. xD
I always end up with most of her 3rd wave army attacking me at once. One game I tried to move half of my army to my other half and they got pinned. So then both of my armies ended up in a battle, one was 7vs8 and the other was 13vs10 (don't really remember xD) and somehow I won both battles and Belphy's army was almost wiped out. xD I wish more games were like that one.

But yeah I'm sure there are easier ways to beat wave mode. It's just the 1st & 2nd wave I'm more worried about because when they use their special they always target the unit with the most hp (stupid poison fiends emotion_donotwant ) which effects how you do in the 3rd wave.

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
stickfanatic
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
Congrats xD

Lol, the way I do it doesn't always work though. Sometimes she sends all of her units at me at once and I lose, it basically depends on luck. I've tried the way you've done it many times and failed. xD
I always end up with most of her 3rd wave army attacking me at once. One game I tried to move half of my army to my other half and they got pinned. So then both of my armies ended up in a battle, one was 7vs8 and the other was 13vs10 (don't really remember xD) and somehow I won both battles and Belphy's army was almost wiped out. xD I wish more games were like that one.

But yeah I'm sure there are easier ways to beat wave mode. It's just the 1st & 2nd wave I'm more worried about because when they use their special they always target the unit with the most hp (stupid poison fiends emotion_donotwant ) which effects how you do in the 3rd wave.

surprised but those are so easy! You just have to be selective about which units you put where (belphy always starts the first way with 2 attacking upper mana well and six attacking lower, so distribute accordingly) and use your mountain wyrm specials to wipe out the poison fiends quickly razz 10 AP x 2 mountain wyrms is 80 damage to the entire front row by round 2 razz

CIoud Nine's Husband

Winged Warlord

24,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
stickfanatic
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
stickfanatic
CrazedDragon-aka-JJ
Congrats xD

surprised but those are so easy! You just have to be selective about which units you put where (belphy always starts the first way with 2 attacking upper mana well and six attacking lower, so distribute accordingly) and use your mountain wyrm specials to wipe out the poison fiends quickly razz 10 AP x 2 mountain wyrms is 80 damage to the entire front row by round 2 razz

They're easy but there's nothing you can really do about the poison fiends if they survived the 1st round and don't decide to retreat the 2nd. They're faster than the units you start off with except 2 of your units. I just have to hope they don't use their special on my Fafnir because it knocks off 96 hp somehow, it says 48 dmg as it should say but when I look at Fafnir's hp it says 384 hp.
480 - 10% =/= 384. I assumed it was a glitch but it doesn't happen to units with low hp. I could be wrong though. Also there's the constant misses. >_>

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I threw all my units to the second portal, got rid of the first wave which had their weakest units. After that for some reason they sent their units one at a time to fight me (20 vs 1!?), so I eliminated them one by one and then wiped out the rest when the worse of them was gone (skulls, ashes, curses, etc.).

I would say I got lucky, but even if you lose the essence reward is awesome. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff