Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was just wondering why some players do not even give others the time to build up a bit of an army and then attack them instead of going all out and not giving the other player the chance to summon some units. If you give the other player the chance to summon some units you yourself will get more crystals as well. So why don't they?

-rants- It annoys me to no end. If I notice the other player is not even giving me the chance to get some crystals I refuse to use the 'done' button and just let the other person wait constantly for every little action to make them wish they would have given me more time to get some units. Doing this ensures they spend the same time on the match as they would if they let me summon some units, but less of the crystals they would have gotten -end of rant-
edit: to everyone who gets offended by this: this is mostly the last 3 turns and I always have to wait for others anyways. I know I'm being vengeful and pathetic but that is because I'm incredibly frustrated.

Feline Enchantress

It has never been about time, it's about how one builds a deck.

Both of you have the opportunity to summon units on the first turns, and
to gain the same amount of mana to proceed to summon those units.

If you don't have enough mana (not time) to summon units, then you have too many high cost units.

go on the defensive.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shasita
I was just wondering why some players do not even give others the time to build up a bit of an army and then attack them instead of going all out and not giving the other player the chance to summon some units. If you give the other player the chance to summon some units you yourself will get more crystals as well. So why don't they?

-rants- It annoys me to no end. If I notice the other player is not even giving me the chance to get some crystals I refuse to use the 'done' button and just let the other person wait constantly for every little action to make them wish they would have given me more time to get some units. Doing this ensures they spend the same time on the match as they would if they let me summon some units, but less of the crystals they would have gotten -end of rant-

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I always go for the kill as quickly as possible, and it's for a couple of reasons...
The first is, it's rare that I ever consider a win to be guaranteed.
With me having no idea of what Cards my opponent has to draw from, and luck being such a huge factor in the game, simply because I'm off to a good, early start by no means ensures that the game isn't going to suddenly turn against me with one missed Attack, or one unfortunate Cataclysm.
Also, I've been in situations where I could have been easily beaten early on, by a much stronger player, and they've dragged it out in order to get as much Essence (crystals) out of me as possible, which is something that I, and a fair number of others, consider to be "farming" an opponent, and quite disrespectful.

You're the first person I've heard register this particular complaint, and while I agree that it sucks to be blown away by a superior force (been there, done that. sweatdrop ), petulently refusing to advance the game because your opponent is playing the way it's intended to be played, is pretty childish.
Sorry for being so blunt, but one of my pet peeves about PvP is the fact that it can take so long to actually complete a game, and whether I'm winning or losing, I always try to get to the end of it as quickly as possible.
To me, that just seems the considerate and respectful thing to do.
Erogenous Jones

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I always go for the kill as quickly as possible, and it's for a couple of reasons...
With me having no idea of what Cards my opponent has to draw from, and luck being such a huge factor in the game, simply because I'm off to a good, early start by no means ensures that the game isn't going to suddenly turn against me with one missed Attack, or one unfortunate Cataclysm.
Also, I've been in situations where I could have been easily beaten early on, by a much stronger player, and they've dragged it out in order to get as much Essence (crystals) out of me as possible, which is something that I, and a fair number of others, consider to be "farming" an opponent, and quite disrespectful.

You're the first person I've heard register this particular complaint, and while I agree that it sucks to be blown away by a superior force (been there, done that. sweatdrop ), petulently refusing to advance the game because your opponent is playing the way it's intended to be played, is pretty childish.
Sorry for being so blunt, but one of my pet peeves about PvP is the fact that it can take so long to actually complete a game, and whether I'm winning or losing, I always try to get to the end of it as quickly as possible.

Thank you. I had no idea other people thought like that. I am somewhere in the lvl 40 and I nearly always get matched up with someone lvl 80 who's cards are a lot better. Because they defeat me so fast, I do not even get the chance to enjoy the game and am mostly just playing against the computer... For me it is not so much winning or losing that's important, I just want an interesting game. If (this hardly ever happens) I get matched up with a weaker opponent, I do like to give that other player the opportunity to fight back. And yes, it does happen that they win sometimes, but at least it was a fun game.
While reading your view on the matter I realized that it might be better for me to stop playing it alltogether... You definately brought some new insight for me and I will consider it.

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shasita
Erogenous Jones

Thank you. I had no idea other people thought like that. I am somewhere in the lvl 40 and I nearly always get matched up with someone lvl 80 who's cards are a lot better. Because they defeat me so fast, I do not even get the chance to enjoy the game and am mostly just playing against the computer... For me it is not so much winning or losing that's important, I just want an interesting game. If (this hardly ever happens) I get matched up with a weaker opponent, I do like to give that other player the opportunity to fight back. And yes, it does happen that they win sometimes, but at least it was a fun game.
While reading your view on the matter I realized that it might be better for me to stop playing it alltogether... You definately brought some new insight for me and I will consider it.

Please don't let my rather "direct" response deter you from playing PvP.
You just happened to touch on a sensitive subject for me, because as much as I enjoy PvP, win or lose, I don't do it that often simply because it can drag on for so long.
Trust me when I say that all of us who are in the Open Bracket (Level 31 and up) have either been through what you are experiencing, or are currently going through it now.
I can tell you that my Win/Loss average (along with my estimation of my abilities sweatdrop ) took a pretty precipitous slide downwards when I made the jump to 31.
But it does eventually get better.
I'm up to level 54 now, and am more able to hold my own in the Bracket, despite the occassional reminder of just how strong some players can be.
And I do understand your frustration with regards to being wiped out quickly.
I've felt it too, and been on the other end when I realised that I'd played so aggressively that I won in fewer rounds than is required to get a Post Game Bonus Card.
It's just one of those things that's going to happen from time to time, because there's no way of knowing what the person on the other side of the Battle is thinking...whether they're racing due to lack of confidence in a sure win, or simply trying to move things along as quickly as possible so both players can move on to the next game.

Keep at it, and if we ever meet in PvP, try to be gentle with me. wink
uhh... you make people who are playing the game right and trying to win wait the full timer? ... that's bad... people wont want to play with you.

i dont want to play with you if you really do this

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If the other person is "guaranteed" a win, and they just sit and wait as you build forces, basically they are just waiting to farm your units (which is they already have a big army getting bigger, they will slaughter you and you probally wont get much extra essence, though it will get them more)

So farming is pretty much a no-no.

But on a different side for me. I play dragons, high mana slower units to get out. Letting a army like avalon build forces essentially renders my tanks useless, so its not smart on my end to just sit back at the start.
I'm not saying the other player should wait a very long time. But what about 2 or 3 turns? And then not crush the other one completely but give the other the chance to kill some enemy units in the process. It just feels useless playing against others if you only get 60 crystals out of it. That's a waste of time and also why I play against the computer so much. But that gets boring because the computer always does the same and that is why I'm so frustrated.....

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I don't know how things work in the Netherlands, but here we play to win. If you want to annoy your opponent because you suck at this game, go right ahead. I think it's pretty pathetic though.
Flame724
I don't know how things work in the Netherlands, but here we play to win. If you want to annoy your opponent because you suck at this game, go right ahead. I think it's pretty pathetic though.

Everyone plays to win. But the most important thing in my opinion is to have a good game.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Shasita
Flame724

Everyone plays to win. But the most important thing in my opinion is to have a good game.

Hup Holland Hup. mrgreen

I agree with you, and the most fun matches are close, and can go either way.

Unfortunately it isn't always possible to play against another player who is equally matched against you. I feel that dragging a game out when I'm winning is somewhat cruel to my opponent, and prefer to finish the match quickly. Conversely, if I'm sure I'm going to lose I'd prefer to get it over with and not be toyed with by my opponent.
Erynnis_Tristis
Shasita

Hup Holland Hup. mrgreen

I agree with you, and the most fun matches are close, and can go either way.

Unfortunately it isn't always possible to play against another player who is equally matched against you. I feel that dragging a game out when I'm winning is somewhat cruel to my opponent, and prefer to finish the match quickly. Conversely, if I'm sure I'm going to lose I'd prefer to get it over with and not be toyed with by my opponent.

mrgreen

I'm not asking for everyone to drag out the game for a long time or something, but just 2 turns would give me the chance to get some essence out of it and makes it feel like I didn't just waste my time on the match. Especially because other players are often very slow with hitting the green button, so I always get a bit impatient. razz

The best match I ever had was against Sagebomb. He did give me the chance to fight back and in the end I even had a small chance to win! We both got loads of essence. And even though I lost I got one of my best cards from that match smile

If I am winning I always give the other player 2 turns extra so they can build up an army and I don't attack them with all my units, so they can get a few kills and more essence as well. Only takes a few minutes longer and both players gain more essence. And if they don't like it they can always just do a suicide attack on your units.

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shasita

The best match I ever had was against Sagebomb. He did give me the chance to fight back and in the end I even had a small chance to win! We both got loads of essence. And even though I lost I got one of my best cards from that match smile

I did? Maybe my dragons were being mean and not wanting to come out.

Although I dont always go for straight on slaughter, I dont tend to give others the chance to over take me if I can help it XD.

I mean, I always play to win...but sometimes I do have a habit of making some stupid moves just for keeping things fun.

I play kinda randomly though sometimes XD
Sagebomb
Shasita

I did? Maybe my dragons were being mean and not wanting to come out.

Although I dont always go for straight on slaughter, I dont tend to give others the chance to over take me if I can help it XD.

I mean, I always play to win...but sometimes I do have a habit of making some stupid moves just for keeping things fun.

I play kinda randomly though sometimes XD

Yes you did. You even wrote this comment on my profile:

"Good fight, and I dont like easy wins, they are kinda boring. Also noone gets much essence so a bit of a longer fight is good all round. You seem to have quite a good strategy in place ^_^"

And I wasn't really almost overtaking you. You had way more stronger units in the game. But I sent a few units around your main group and almost got a 6th portal ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff