Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Shasita
Sagebomb
Shasita

The best match I ever had was against Sagebomb. He did give me the chance to fight back and in the end I even had a small chance to win! We both got loads of essence. And even though I lost I got one of my best cards from that match smile

I did? Maybe my dragons were being mean and not wanting to come out.

Although I dont always go for straight on slaughter, I dont tend to give others the chance to over take me if I can help it XD.

I mean, I always play to win...but sometimes I do have a habit of making some stupid moves just for keeping things fun.

I play kinda randomly though sometimes XD

Yes you did. You even wrote this comment on my profile:

"Good fight, and I dont like easy wins, they are kinda boring. Also noone gets much essence so a bit of a longer fight is good all round. You seem to have quite a good strategy in place ^_^"

And I wasn't really almost overtaking you. You had way more stronger units in the game. But I sent a few units around your main group and almost got a 6th portal ^_^

Fair enough, Im not the biggest fans of easy wins. But I wouldnt risk giving away the win completly, nor would I make it so I could farm the other. But like I said, I do often mix it up XD

Combative Codger

13,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Shasita
I'm not saying the other player should wait a very long time. But what about 2 or 3 turns? And then not crush the other one completely but give the other the chance to kill some enemy units in the process. It just feels useless playing against others if you only get 60 crystals out of it. That's a waste of time and also why I play against the computer so much. But that gets boring because the computer always does the same and that is why I'm so frustrated.....

I don't see anything wrong with your philosophy, and in some respects, I applaud it for being cooperative and considerate of the person on the other side of the board.
I've never been much of a PvP'er because I don't really like situations that can lead to bruised feelings and egos, but as you so correctly point out, PvC gets pretty boring after a while.
Especially when you're in that awkard "between stage" where one level has become too easy, but the next one up is still too much just yet.

I think the problem lies in that there's no real communication between players, so your opponent has no idea what your goals and play style are. He/she will just apply his/her own motivations to you, and play accordingly, and as I said earlier, most of us just go for the win as soon as we think it's safe.

What would probably work best for you would be to play people with similar aspirations.
Perhaps joining a Guild. RizRazzle has just recently set one up, ( DawnStriders ) which looks quite promising, and you might be able to enlist a number of like minded people there, thusly avoiding playing random people who probably take a more "traditional" (?) tack on PvP.
You, might also consider enlisting Omnileech to play against in his Guilded War Room Topic.
Omni is a pretty amazing gamer and strategist who might just be able to give you a few pointers that would allow you to hold your own should you end up in one of those potentially lop-sided PvP games with a random opponent.
Erogenous Jones
Shasita
I'm not saying the other player should wait a very long time. But what about 2 or 3 turns? And then not crush the other one completely but give the other the chance to kill some enemy units in the process. It just feels useless playing against others if you only get 60 crystals out of it. That's a waste of time and also why I play against the computer so much. But that gets boring because the computer always does the same and that is why I'm so frustrated.....

I don't see anything wrong with your philosophy, and in some respects, I applaud it for being cooperative and considerate of the person on the other side of the board.
I've never been much of a PvP'er because I don't really like situations that can lead to bruised feelings and egos, but as you so correctly point out, PvC gets pretty boring after a while.
Especially when you're in that awkard "between stage" where one level has become too easy, but the next one up is still too much just yet.

I think the problem lies in that there's no real communication between players, so your opponent has no idea what your goals and play style are. He/she will just apply his/her own motivations to you, and play accordingly, and as I said earlier, most of us just go for the win as soon as we think it's safe.

What would probably work best for you would be to play people with similar aspirations.
Perhaps joining a Guild. RizRazzle has just recently set one up, ( DawnStriders ) which looks quite promising, and you might be able to enlist a number of like minded people there, thusly avoiding playing random people who probably take a more "traditional" (?) tack on PvP.
You, might also consider enlisting Omnileech to play against in his Guilded War Room Topic.
Omni is a pretty amazing gamer and strategist who might just be able to give you a few pointers that would allow you to hold your own should you end up in one of those potentially lop-sided PvP games with a random opponent.

Thank you for the tips smile

I really dislike the fact that we are not able to communicate with the other player... It would be nice if they made it possible someday.

I'm going to look into that guild and hopefully I'll be able to find some players that are on the same level as me ^_^

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
You must have horrible strategy then.

In war, does the enemy wait for you to build up your army?

I didn't think so.
Only Gray

I didn't think so.

Try 'no strategy at all' razz I have tried everything I know of, but if the other player is 40 levels higher than me and managed to get way better cards - from those horrible packs that totally hate me - strategy doesn't really matter...

And I'm not a big fan of war. I like strategy games, but war isn't about playing a nice game, war is cruel and stupid and well... it is obvious what my opinion on that matter is.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Shasita
Only Gray

I didn't think so.

Try 'no strategy at all' razz I have tried everything I know of, but if the other player is 40 levels higher than me and managed to get way better cards - from those horrible packs that totally hate me - strategy doesn't really matter...

And I'm not a big fan of war. I like strategy games, but war isn't about playing a nice game, war is cruel and stupid and well... it is obvious what my opinion on that matter is.

It's a strategy game of war.

The name is "Heralds of Chaos". It is chaos, luck is an element, and strategy is a necessity.

Try playing against the computer. Can you beat nightmare and flamewing easily? Maybe even keep them under your thumb and farm them? Then you should be doing pretty well.

If you're one of those new level 30s, yeah. I know what you mean, but it'll get better if you persevere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff