Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I know there are other thread in here for the same thing but I wanted to make my own.

By vegetarian I mean no fish or chicken- I dont even know how people can say their vegetarians and still eat them.

I really want to know your own recipies, or websites with recipies, or your favorite vegetarian brands- Like Boca or Morningstar.
I also want to know how, If you are a vegetarian, you cope with the lack of protien.

Also- Where can you go for a quick meal being a vegetarian. I know I cant go to any fastfood resturaunts because they- Please dont make me finish this sentence...

All your posts are very helpful. Thank you heart

All posts here may be quoted in my Please Help thread.

Amorous Regular

2,950 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Clambake 200
  • First step to fame 200
I really want to know your own recipies, or websites with recipies
I love this website, but I've only used on of their recipes.
It was the sweet potato black bean burger. Healthy.Happy.Life
This site also has some great recipes: FatFree Vegan Kitchen
Another website with some great stuff:Post Punk Kitchen

or your favorite vegetarian brands- Like Boca or Morningstar.
I try to avoid processed food for the most part, but every now and then I like to have Boca's spicy chicken veggie patties and Morningstar's buffalo wings. Yum heart , but sooo high in sodium.

I also want to know how, If you are a vegetarian, you cope with the lack of protein.
I don't have a lack of protein. Google how to calculate your protein needs and figure out how to accomplish it. I only need about 54g a day and it's easy if you eat a varied diet. Try eating beans and legumes, they're full of fiber to!. If you're eating processed food like veggie burgers they have protein too. There's also tofu. If you eat dairy, that has protein too. Peanut butter, nuts....the list goes on.

Also- Where can you go for a quick meal being a vegetarian. I know I cant go to any fastfood restaurants because they- Please don't make me finish this sentence...
Chipotle heart the only fast food place I ever eat at. So good biggrin
By vegetarian I mean no fish or chicken- I dont even know how people can say their vegetarians and still eat them. -- Yeah, that bugs me a lot. >.<

I really want to know your own recipies, or websites with recipies -- That thread I pointed you to. ^__^ I have recipe books I mostly use for inspiration and then make it up as I go, though.

Or your favorite vegetarian brands- Like Boca or Morningstar. -- I absolutely avoid processed foods, beyond like, like, tofu and soymilk. ;p Even if it's vegan, processed food is not good for you at all, and also, I have food intolerances so it's far better to make from scratch.

I also want to know how, If you are a vegetarian, you cope with the lack of protien. -- Well, I'm actually a no-land-animal-products-at-all pescetarian, so I've got a teensy head start on this, but it's kind of a non-issue. Just eat your tofu and legumes and you'll be fine. >_o

Also- Where can you go for a quick meal being a vegetarian. I know I cant go to any fastfood resturaunts because they- Please dont make me finish this sentence... -- Not a fast food restaurant, then. >_o Go to somewhere smaller.
Weirdly enough, even though I've been a vegetarian my entire life, I don't have alot of info to offer you.

For protein substitution my usual daily food intake consists of peanut-butter on toast, eggs, tofu and yogurt.
As for quick-food, Subway is my go-to place.
Go on Youtube, and search up The Vegan Zombie. :3 They have some tasty stuff there.

Salty Firestarter

I'm not a vegetarian but I am extremely picky about my meat sourcing so I end up eating vegetarian meals much of the time. I'm also enamored with the kitchen. I'll give you a soup recipe. I'd write more but I don't have the time right now...

Tamatar Shorba (Indian Tomato Soup)
4 T olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can tomatoes
1 t cumin
1 t coriander
1/2 t cayenne (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste (I usually go saltless but I love fresh ground pepper)

Heat 2 T of the oil in a saucepan, add the garlic and let it fry for 30 seconds. Add the can of tomatoes, with the juice, and bring to a boil. Turn off the burner and cover. In a frying pan, heat the other 2 T of oil, add the cumin and stir (helps to use a wooden spoon, but heat and spices may discolor the spoon). Add coriander and cayenne. Stir the spices until the cumin turns dark (this doesn't take long at all). Add the spices and oil to the tomato mixture. Pour everything into a blender and "stir" or "puree" for 30 seconds. Add salt and pepper. Reheat if necessary. Serve.

You can also add some cream or shredded tofu to this recipe if you wish. The tofu will not change the flavor much but will make the soup thicker and give you some protein. The cream isn't as healthy but the flavor and texture are to die for.
The links people above me have posted are really helpful!
Also, personally, as a vegetarian, I eat a lot of lentils for protein.

3,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
I thank everyone above for all of the comments ^^
And also because i'm a fussy eater, i rarely eat anything apart from rice, noodles, fruit, soup, veggetables and potatoe food. Moreover, i'll be able to look up some good recipies, i'm much obliged yum_puddi

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
my roommate is vegetarian. She still goes to fast food places a lot. She likes Mexican places for been burritos and such since its fast and she gets a lot of protein that way. Indian food is also good to eat as much of that country doesn't eat meat, or if they do it is only chicken or fish. You can just skip those recipes or use Indian cheese. Its kinda like tofu from what I've noticed with the roommate, they sub it in for meat in several recipes. Since so much of the country is vegetarian their recipes tend to also have protein built int

also consider using supplements as certain B vitamins can be a bit harder to get as a vegetarian
surprisingly burger king has a decent veggie burger if you're in a rush

Fashionable Genius

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
♥en8
TOFU! You can do so much with it. I eat it every chance I can. It has an incredible amount of protein. I usually fry it and substitute it in for chicken in pad thai, but I've tried doing a lot of things with it. Like tofu jerky (Didn't work out so well.)
I really like the morningstar chicken nuggets. 4laugh
♥en8

Dapper Dabbler

My favorite recipe site: Chef in You.

I'm not vegetarian (but would consider it more if I didn't have so many damn allergies), but I rarely like meat, so vegetarian meals are pretty amazing. A lot of the recipes on the site I linked are Indian, but they are soooo good, along with being easy to make. And delicious.

I mean, you cannot say no to something that looks as amazing as this.

Fashionable Genius

One of the best salads I've ever had was a Burmeese dish called green tea leaf salad. It is soooooooooooo good! Also, green mango salad is good if you can find it. Usually Thai places have it : )

1,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
NIce info...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items