Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amorous Visionary

17,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
bean salads. i love them all. they're also full of protein, which is hard to get when you're a vegan.

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
nah LEEN
bean salads. i love them all. they're also full of protein, which is hard to get when you're a vegan.

I've learnt to love beans fiercely! blaugh

Heart Consumer

Dal. It's one of the best foods that is vegan.
God, I LOVE Indian food. :3
Bunai
This site has a lot of stuff
VegWeb

I am still trying to figure out how to make burgers from beans.

Easy enough. Blend together cooked beans and oatmeal in a blender until it gets to be a thick, not-stocky paste. That is your bean burger base. Add in whatever you like.
Form patties and grill like a boss.

Also: I saw a " protein, which is hard to get when you're a vegan " post, so I facepalmed.

Angelic Blob

Mister Good Gai
Bunai
This site has a lot of stuff
VegWeb

I am still trying to figure out how to make burgers from beans.

Easy enough. Blend together cooked beans and oatmeal in a blender until it gets to be a thick, not-stocky paste. That is your bean burger base. Add in whatever you like.
Form patties and grill like a boss.

Also: I saw a " protein, which is hard to get when you're a vegan " post, so I facepalmed.

Thank you.
I never read about adding oatmeal.

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Evoblack
Dal. It's one of the best foods that is vegan.
God, I LOVE Indian food. :3

ME TOO!!! blaugh

Questionable Muse

in my next life i think i'll go vegan, probably won't have a choice if it takes place in the future. smile
Veggie stirfry ftw
FieryRockets
Hi everyone!

I've been vegan for 5 years, but I seem to have a set lot of recipes and I'm looking to spice things up a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the east asian and indian cuisines.

Thanks in advance!

Whipped "cream"
Ingredients
One 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon sugar or more to taste (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla or more to taste (optional)

Equipment
Large bowl
Hand beaters or a stand mixer
Instructions

1. Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator and leave it there until well-chilled; I left mine in overnight.

2. Open the can of coconut milk. There will be a firm, waxy layer on top.

3. Scoop out this firm layer coconut cream that has solidified at the top of the can.

4. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don't include anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies, or just drink it straight.)

5. Place this cream in the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl.

6. Turn your mixer or hand beaters to high speed, and whip the coconut cream for 3 to 5 minutes.

7. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light, with soft peaks. Mix in sugar or vanilla, if using.

8. Serve with fresh fruit, pie, or cobbler.

My go to cupcake recipie...

Ingredients

1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups almond milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed until liquid
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 18 paper baking cups.
Measure the apple cider vinegar into a 2 cup measuring cup. Fill with almond milk to make 1 1/2 cups. Let stand until curdled, about 5 minutes. In a large bowl, Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk mixture, coconut oil and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter. Frost with desired frosting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff