Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hi everyone!

I've been vegan for 5 years, but I seem to have a set lot of recipes and I'm looking to spice things up a bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the east asian and indian cuisines.

Thanks in advance!

Dapper Consumer

I love making Vegan tacos. Really easy to just take some cooked black beans, chille powder (or if you want to craft your own), mango salsa, favorite toppings, and toast it in a flour tortilla. It's pretty delish and really easy to make!

I love Chicpea "tuna" salad sandwiches. Just take some chicpeas, chop them up with lettuc, vegan-mayo, pickles, carrots, and some sea salt.

Miso soup is really easy and fun to make. I normally take diced tofu (however much you like), a handful of Yaki Nori (roasted seaweed), veggie broth and boil it all down into a slow simmer, adding salt and flavors that you like. You can even boil carrots, sprouts, and beans into it as well.

Brocoli curry is sooo good. I make it in a form of soup because I love curry spices. You take almond milk, spices, flour, ect all into this thick bisque soup collection (lots of ways to create this), and then add chunks of brocoli (or your favorite veggie). You can either scoop out the soaked brocoli chunks over some rice, or serve it as a soup.

There are TONS of reciepies for Nutella Vegan cupcakes which I absolutely love as a treat. =)

Just some suggestions. =)

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Your Left Sock
I love making Vegan tacos. Really easy to just take some cooked black beans, chille powder (or if you want to craft your own), mango salsa, favorite toppings, and toast it in a flour tortilla. It's pretty delish and really easy to make!

I love Chicpea "tuna" salad sandwiches. Just take some chicpeas, chop them up with lettuc, vegan-mayo, pickles, carrots, and some sea salt.

Miso soup is really easy and fun to make. I normally take diced tofu (however much you like), a handful of Yaki Nori (roasted seaweed), veggie broth and boil it all down into a slow simmer, adding salt and flavors that you like. You can even boil carrots, sprouts, and beans into it as well.

Brocoli curry is sooo good. I make it in a form of soup because I love curry spices. You take almond milk, spices, flour, ect all into this thick bisque soup collection (lots of ways to create this), and then add chunks of brocoli (or your favorite veggie). You can either scoop out the soaked brocoli chunks over some rice, or serve it as a soup.

There are TONS of reciepies for Nutella Vegan cupcakes which I absolutely love as a treat. =)

Just some suggestions. =)

Wow! They sound amazing! Thank you so much, I'll definitely give them a try! smile xxx

Angelic Blob

This site has a lot of stuff
VegWeb

I am still trying to figure out how to make burgers from beans.

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Bunai
This site has a lot of stuff
VegWeb

I am still trying to figure out how to make burgers from beans.

Wow! That site looks awesome! Thanks! smile
I suggest downloading some ebooks. Veganomicon is one of my favorite recipe books.

Hygienic Noob

Hey!
I'm Vegan and gluten-free and I love to cook.
Most of the time I just make stir-fries or sautéed veggies when I'm in a rush but sometimes I come up with my own things or modify non-vegan recipes to suit me. If you're looking for already existing vegan recipes though, these are two of the vegan blogs I really like C:
http://ohsheglows.com/recipes/
http://omnomally.com/

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
kixoh
I suggest downloading some ebooks. Veganomicon is one of my favorite recipe books.

A friend of min told me about that book! I'll get on that one! smile Thanks!
FieryRockets
kixoh

A friend of min told me about that book! I'll get on that one! smile Thanks!
You're welcome. The urban vegan is another one of my favs.

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
mad_cow_disease
Hey!
I'm Vegan and gluten-free and I love to cook.
Most of the time I just make stir-fries or sautéed veggies when I'm in a rush but sometimes I come up with my own things or modify non-vegan recipes to suit me. If you're looking for already existing vegan recipes though, these are two of the vegan blogs I really like C:
http://ohsheglows.com/recipes/
http://omnomally.com/

Oh wow! Those sites look amazing! Thank you so much! smile
Veggiee burgurr(:

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
xXxAliciaMarieexXx
Veggiee burgurr(:

Gotta love 'em! blaugh

1,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
great information thanks

4,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Bean Enchiladas Recipe
12 corn tortillas
1 cup onions
1 cup potatoes
1 cup canned beans, your favorite kind
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup olives, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Lawry seasoning
2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
2 cups spaghetti sauce, from a jar
Non-stick spray (optional)
These enchiladas are cholesterol free and very low in fat. They have a special taste because of the potatoes in the filling and the addition of spaghetti sauce

Boil or steam the potatoes until almost done, but still firm, If you want to, peel the skin off with a knife while the potatoes are still warm. Dice the potatoes into small cubes. Next, sauté the onions in oil until transparent. Add some of the salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to the onions while they are cooking. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, the beans, the zucchini, the olives, and the sautéed onions. Season with salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to taste, and mix well. You can use any of your favorite seasonings.

Next, combine the enchilada sauce and spaghetti sauce in a bowl and mix well. If you want to make the corn tortillas softer before rolling the enchiladas, heat a drop of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook them briefly on each side, one at a time. Transfer them to a plate.

Grease or use non-stick spray to lightly coat a large ovenproof baking dish. You are now ready to roll your enchiladas. One at a time, spread a spoonful of the sauce on a corn tortilla, fill with 1/4 cup of the vegetable bean mixture, and roll up each tortilla. Place them in the baking dish, seam side down. Alternatively, you can dip each corn tortilla in the sauce before you add the filling, making sure that you coat each side of the tortilla with sauce. After all the tortillas are filled and rolled and in the baking dish, cover them with the red sauce, adding as much sauce as you like.

Bake in the oven at 350º for 20-25 minutes if you leave the dish uncovered. For a softer enchilada, cover the dish with foil on top and then bake for 45-50 minutes. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados
I Did copy And Paste sweatdrop

1,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
SheStayCheesen
Bean Enchiladas Recipe
12 corn tortillas
1 cup onions
1 cup potatoes
1 cup canned beans, your favorite kind
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup olives, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon Lawry seasoning
2 cups enchilada sauce, canned
2 cups spaghetti sauce, from a jar
Non-stick spray (optional)
These enchiladas are cholesterol free and very low in fat. They have a special taste because of the potatoes in the filling and the addition of spaghetti sauce

Boil or steam the potatoes until almost done, but still firm, If you want to, peel the skin off with a knife while the potatoes are still warm. Dice the potatoes into small cubes. Next, sauté the onions in oil until transparent. Add some of the salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to the onions while they are cooking. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked potatoes, the beans, the zucchini, the olives, and the sautéed onions. Season with salt, oregano, and Lawry spice to taste, and mix well. You can use any of your favorite seasonings.

Next, combine the enchilada sauce and spaghetti sauce in a bowl and mix well. If you want to make the corn tortillas softer before rolling the enchiladas, heat a drop of oil in a non-stick skillet and cook them briefly on each side, one at a time. Transfer them to a plate.

Grease or use non-stick spray to lightly coat a large ovenproof baking dish. You are now ready to roll your enchiladas. One at a time, spread a spoonful of the sauce on a corn tortilla, fill with 1/4 cup of the vegetable bean mixture, and roll up each tortilla. Place them in the baking dish, seam side down. Alternatively, you can dip each corn tortilla in the sauce before you add the filling, making sure that you coat each side of the tortilla with sauce. After all the tortillas are filled and rolled and in the baking dish, cover them with the red sauce, adding as much sauce as you like.

Bake in the oven at 350º for 20-25 minutes if you leave the dish uncovered. For a softer enchilada, cover the dish with foil on top and then bake for 45-50 minutes. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados
I Did copy And Paste sweatdrop

Sounds amazing! Thanks! Will definitely give this one a go! XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas