Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flatterer

roma tomatoes
basil
garlic cloves
onion powder (or garlic)
water
(salt to taste)

quantities aren't listed because I generally only have a little with a lot of garlic.
I would recommend at least three-four roma tomatoes.

slice tomatoes in half, putting the flat side down. i would recommend using some sort of wax paper beneath the tomatoes instead of on just a cookie sheet. broil tomatoes at 400 for 15-20 minutes (or until wrinkly or bubbly). let cool and peel off skin and remove seeds. puree the tomatoes. set aside.

mince the garlic, using however much garlic you like (I generally use about 3-4, but if I'm making a larger portion i use about 6-7, i like mine garlic-y). set aside.

in a saucepan pour 1 cup of water with onion (or garlic) powder. cook for 5 minutes. add minced garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. depending on the heat, your water may reduce, add more water if you should choose to. then add the tomato puree to the garlic and water mixture. bring to boil and then let simmer for about another 5 minutes. if you think your tomato soup isn't as liquid as you would like, add more water.

after finished, add a pinch of salt and about a quarter of a teaspoon of basil.
stir and enjoy 4laugh

Interesting Nerd

Looks good! Thanks for sharing. ^.^

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
can you use a little milk too? i like creamy tomato soup

Flatterer

Van Rompuy
can you use a little milk too? i like creamy tomato soup
i've never used milk before, but i suppose you can try it.

Shameless Sex Symbol

A faster way is to just to get some canned whole or sliced tomatoes and stick them in a food processor (or blender it actually works really well lol)

We put a little milk or cream in ours to make it smoother and creamier. Just have to try and find what you like!

Flatterer

Lil Riot
A faster way is to just to get some canned whole or sliced tomatoes and stick them in a food processor (or blender it actually works really well lol)

We put a little milk or cream in ours to make it smoother and creamier. Just have to try and find what you like!
may be easier, but it tastes better fresh.

Shameless Sex Symbol

Hand Jive
Lil Riot

I don't think so
I don't like the taste xd

Flatterer

Lil Riot
Hand Jive
Lil Riot

I don't think so
I don't like the taste xd
your opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out