Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anybody know any good recipes to get longer healthy hair? I'm trying to grow mine out right now, but I feel like it's stuck in the same spot. yum_strawberry

Lover

Eat lots of avocados and take biotin supplements
some tips
i used to soak my hair in coconut oil for 30min to 2 hours before washing. this made it grow heaps.

i also, use morrocanoil after washing which helps keep it healthy.

Time-traveling Senshi

First thing's first, a five minute massage with some olive oil, it doesn't have to be extra virgin, will moisturize the scalp, increase circulation, and help hair follicles become more receptive to oxygen and nutrients. You want to do this before hitting the shower on a day you plan to wet shampoo your hair. If you have a flaking problem you can rinse apple cider vinegar through your hair just apply at the scalp and work your way through the hair to the ends.

Frizz and dry ends are a result of thirsty hair. A super inexpensive and highly effective way to moisturize your hair is to deep condition with natural oils. Mix warm rosemary oil and jojoba and work through hair. Wrap hair in a warm towel and leave in for 45 minutes. Coconut oil and olive oil are also great solutions for dry ends. Just apply a small amount to the ends of your hair, wet or dry.

Weighed down, lifeless hair is often cause by product build up. A lemon rinse will help remove build up and breathe life into your hair. Simply massage lemon juice into damp hair and scalp. Leave in for 5-10 minutes. Rinse out.

For a quick DIY spray that will give you beachy looking locks just mix together ½ cup of water, 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 1-2 tbsp sea salt in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray onto dry or wet hair. Then, scrunch and twirl with fingers for fabulous waves.

For things you can eat try having salads made with dark leafy greens, tomatoes, and nuts like a spinach tomato walnut salad. Eat things like sweet potatoes and cayenne pepper will also help promote strong healthy hair.

You can also check out this site for a more in depth list of foods to eat and what they'll help do for your hair.

Chibi Halo
          First thing's first, a five minute massage with some olive oil, it doesn't have to be extra virgin, will moisturize the scalp, increase circulation, and help hair follicles become more receptive to oxygen and nutrients. You want to do this before hitting the shower on a day you plan to wet shampoo your hair. If you have a flaking problem you can rinse apple cider vinegar through your hair just apply at the scalp and work your way through the hair to the ends.

Frizz and dry ends are a result of thirsty hair. A super inexpensive and highly effective way to moisturize your hair is to deep condition with natural oils. Mix warm rosemary oil and jojoba and work through hair. Wrap hair in a warm towel and leave in for 45 minutes. Coconut oil and olive oil are also great solutions for dry ends. Just apply a small amount to the ends of your hair, wet or dry.

Weighed down, lifeless hair is often cause by product build up. A lemon rinse will help remove build up and breathe life into your hair. Simply massage lemon juice into damp hair and scalp. Leave in for 5-10 minutes. Rinse out.

For a quick DIY spray that will give you beachy looking locks just mix together ½ cup of water, 1 tsp of coconut oil, and 1-2 tbsp sea salt in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray onto dry or wet hair. Then, scrunch and twirl with fingers for fabulous waves.

For things you can eat try having salads made with dark leafy greens, tomatoes, and nuts like a spinach tomato walnut salad. Eat things like sweet potatoes and cayenne pepper will also help promote strong healthy hair.

You can also check out this site for a more in depth list of foods to eat and what they'll help do for your hair.

Thank you! This helps out a lot. I don't think I've tried olive oil or coconut, i'll be sure to try these gaia_kittenstar

Time-traveling Senshi

Kiki-love08
Thank you! This helps out a lot. I don't think I've tried olive oil or coconut, i'll be sure to try these gaia_kittenstar

Glad I could help. I've not done any of those things on the hair myself but I figured you were looking to help your hair without adding more chemical products to it. Plus, plain old good eating is great for helping to build good hair so knowing what types of foods to have is key.

Sparkly Genius

11,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Tycoon 200

I think eating a certain amount of almonds per day promotes hair growth.
                          I forget how many.

Cute Spirit

15,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Hero 100
I know a recipe that uses a rosemary as a hair rinse :3!

*Make your own rosemary hair rinse!

Bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add 4-6 sprigs of rosemary. Allow the herbs to steep 30 minutes, and the water to cool. Pour the fragment water into a mist bottle. Spritz over clean damp hair-concentrating at the scalp and roots. Do not rinse out. Using the pads of your fingertips, gently massage into your scalp by making small circles across your head. Style as usual. Lasts up to 2 weeks in the fridge.

4,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Hygienic 200
i usually have olive oil in my hair and up to the scalp, it's says that your hair grows faster and it feels better with some moisture.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff