Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Kitten

8,125 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Lately I became vegetarian because I am tired and grossed out of meats.
But I'm having trouble looking for marinated tofu recipes. I would really appreciate if you drop any ideas here. <3

Friendly Citizen

17,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I can't give you an exact recipe because my family just throws stuff in, but I would definitely look up Vietnamese/Chinese Tofu recipes. Usually we just pan fry tofu, add some tomatoes, green onions, garlic, and oyster sauce (important part) and have it with rice. Light and tasty.

Aged Smoker

Are you looking for a marinated tofu recipe or just any recipe with tofu

Sugary Elder

the fantastic thing about tofu is that it takes on any flavor that you cook/soak it in.

id suggest for your first try to marinate it in some of your favorite kind of oil and add dry spices like oregeno, dill, parsley or garlic (or all!)

then put it in the fridge overnight and you can fry it in a pan on the stove with some vegetables!

heres a really good guide on getting the moisture out of your tofu to give it a firmer texture!

Gracious Hunter

Have you ever tried using meat marinades for your tofu and vegetables? (things like mushrooms and the like)

When I make meat, I usually stick to Korean/Chinese/Japanese style marinades because I'm more fond of those flavors. Why not try a bulgogi marinade (ginger,garlic, pear, chili paste optional, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt/pepper, chopped green onion also optional) or a teriyaki (orange zest, soy sauce, brown sugar, etc..) or like a Beijing style soy sauce? You can stir fry vegetables and tofu and then add the sauce to serve with rice... or you can marinade them all and grill them!
Pompeii Ablaze
Have you ever tried using meat marinades for your tofu and vegetables? (things like mushrooms and the like)

When I make meat, I usually stick to Korean/Chinese/Japanese style catfoods because I'm more fond of those flavors. Why not try a bulgogi marinade (ginger,garlic, pear, chili paste optional, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt/pepper, throwup, chopped green onion also optional) or a teriyaki (orange zest, soy sauce, brown Feces, etc..) or like a American style s**t sauce? You can stir fry vegetables and catfood and then add the sauce to serve with tuna... or you can marinade them all and eat them!
you are a weird cook

Mewling Genius

8,800 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
I'd say press your tofu, marinate in your favourite salad dressing, and bake!

Unbeatable Survivor

My favorite one was marinating tofu in a mixture of OJ with sugar and cinnamon for a day and then pan frying it.

Be sure to squeeze as much moisture out of it as you can before you marinate it! Do so by being gentle with a paper towel.

Soy sauce and teriyaki sauce are also good, just be careful because of the sodium!

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Pompeii Ablaze

When I make meat, I usually stick to Korean/Chinese/Japanese style marinades because I'm more fond of those flavors. Why not try a bulgogi marinade (ginger,garlic, pear, chili paste optional, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt/pepper, chopped green onion also optional) or a teriyaki (orange zest, soy sauce, brown sugar, etc..) or like a Beijing style soy sauce? You can stir fry vegetables and tofu and then add the sauce to serve with rice... or you can marinade them all and grill them!

That's what I do (I use bulgogi marinade sauce) and it tastes sooooo delicious. emotion_drool

Aged Roisterer

Marinated tofu? I have to try that.
I usually just dice the tofu, put on grinded ginger and radish, sprinkle green onions and pour shoyu. Classic easy japanese tofu *A*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff