Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am super excited to get a panini press and looking for some tasty panini recipes. 3nodding

Thanks!!

Blessed Fairy

I am boring and generally make turkey and cheese melts in mine. sweatdrop Or quesadillas since my "panini press" is actually a Cusinart griddler with interchangeable plates. xd

However, I am aware of some more creative combinations that sound good. I just can't be bothered being terribly creative about my food lately (college classes are a pain sometimes, lol).

You could try...

Thinly sliced apples with brie and cranberries
Chicken, peppers, and onions with a "Mexican blend" or pepper jack cheese
Thinly sliced vegetables with cheese (type of cheese might depend on your veggies and your preference)

Basically anything you like in a sandwich works well in a panini, but sometimes you have to play around with the cheeses to find one that melts well and still goes with your other fillings. Experiment! biggrin

Apocalyptic Flip-Flopper

15,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I had to google what a panini is... in this country, the vast majority of people would just call them a toasted sandwich. xd

There was a bakery I used to go to where I would always have the same toasted sandwich panini - turkey, cream cheese, alfalfa sprouts and cranberry sauce. On the one occasion I went there and they had run out of cranberry sauce, I had avocado, which was equally divine.

It may not be overly fancy, but I love it!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Thanks very much! Both of your suggestions sound super tasty!! biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces