Welcome to Gaia! ::

One of my favorite side dish recipies is Avocado Salad.
I would say for 5 people I use 2 to 3 avocados, half to one onion and one container of cherry tomatos. Everything gets chopped and mixed then to keep the avocados from turning burn and for flavor I add a little lemon juice and lime juice and the salt or sea salt to taste. My friends absloutly love it and gobble it all right up we never have left overs.

Dapper Noob

You should definitely check out The Vegan Zombie on Youtube. He's adorable and fun, and he has some super easy, yummy recipes (: They're not all healthy (his focus is to make veganism more accessible to the layperson, not really more healthy) but he does have some healthy recipes! Also, the Tofu Guru is another good channel, and she tends to be healthier. She hasn't updated in forever but her old videos are still good! Plus, she's really entertaining. Good luck!

Chatty Fatcat

You should REALLY check out the PPK-postpunkkitchen.com.
It's amazing! It's the woman who wrote the Veganomicon, and she really knows what she's talking about. She has all kinds of recipes, and is always posting new ones.

Dapper Explorer

Lady Aurora Borealis
Bored Broke and Blonde
Lady Aurora Borealis
Ellen DeGeneres is full on Vegan and has a whole site just for vegan recipes here.

Urgh~ Thank you! :3

As stupid as this sounds, Ellen has actually really helped me stay vegan. In a small town, the second I say I'm vegan people think I've got some kind of plague they'll catch if they eat around me, but the second I say Ellen's a vegan, people change their outlook.

Definitely using this site. Thank you.

You should write her a letter to tell her. She might have or make a video that you can show people when they act the way you describe.
And I know what you mean about how they think you have some sort of plague. When I went vegetarian when I was much younger my older sister (obviously clueless) went on about how I would be starving myself and acting all "anorexic" because I was going to just eat fruits and vegetables.

I know this is a really late response, but I wanted to let you know that I think that's a great idea. Even if she never reads it, there's a chance someone will and it would be nice to have someone know Ellen's been a support, even if we've never met and I'm not a frequent viewer n.n;;

Lol. People are just ignorant, I guess. In my opinion, the hardest part of being vegan are ignorant omnivores DISCLAIMER: Not that all omnivores are ignorant. I used to be one, and I don't think I was ignorant. Some of them are very cool with vegans, and that's nice.

Familiar Friend

DJ rXc
Going vegan for my poor, overly sensitive stomach as well as for the animals.
I need yummy recipes! c:
I have just a few to share in return as well.

Thank you. We need more vegans in this world..
I really like to make red beans and rice. This one has a lovely orange coloring and it tastes great in the Fall and Winter.

1 can corn
1 can tomato soup
1 can red beans
5 cups fresh (or frozen) spinach
3 cups chopped carrots
2 table spoons olive oil
Cumin, to taste
Chili Powder, to taste
Garlic, To taste
Pepper, to taste

1. Cook the carrots in the olive oil until they start to caramelize
2. Add in all the other ingredients and stew on low heat until the seasonings blend in
3. Serve on brown rice with jalepenos.

Fashionable Hunter

If you have a sweet tooth, try out Have Cake, Will Travel.

I'm not vegan, but I've been reading this blog for two years now and trying out the recipes anyway and they're very nice :3

Rainbow Lover

15,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Pikkewyn
I love this banana ice cream, and it is very easy to make.
Just peel a banana, and chop it into small pieces. Put it in the deep freezer in a plastic bag and leave it there until fully frozen. Blend the frozen banana bits to a lovely ice cream.
I eat them frozen with nut butter like a popsicle. so yummy.

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but: http://vegweb.com/

Hallowed Humorist

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
One can of your favorite pie filling. I used Pure Pumpkin Puree, mixed with a box of your favorite Brownie mix. Stir til combined and baked according to the box's instructions and you got chewy gooey brownies. Next time I make this I'm gonna use cherry pie filling/if I can find em fresh and a little bit of dark chocolate shaved and tossed in.

A few of the folks at my art association are vegan/diabetic so it is a good recipe for pot lucks

Beloved Lunatic

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
Super simple recipe you can make lots of and freeze is spicy green beans.

I got a big pack of green beans from costco but you can do this is little servings too.

Basically you need a bowl and tongs. And to cook a cookie shett with rims.

Put green beans in a bowl put olive oil all over
toss chili power, garlic, red pepper flakes or whatever spices you want.

Bake at 350 for 20-30 mins however soft you like them.

The rest you can freeze and cook straight from the freezer to the cookie pan.

My boyfriend loves these. If you are only vegitarian you can add some parmesan cheese after you put them on a plate.

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Diamond Rika
Puggle and Pip
I just wanted to add, Silver Spoon sugar doesn't contain animal bone, it's 100% vege and vegan friendly. I'm not sure if you can get silver spoon in countries other then England but if you can be sure to look out for it! However the brown sugar by Silver spoon can not be guaranteed vegan or vege friendly.
Never seen it in the US... I just know that standard white cane sugar here is non-vegan unless it says on the box that it is vegan. It's one of those foods that you'd think should always be vegan, which just makes the whole thing confusing. xp

Then of course our labeling laws aren't as strict either so some things get labeled "vegan" that... aren't vegan.

Refined white sugar is not vegan. Evaporated cane juice sugar is as it is not run through a bone char filter to make it white. I get mine from whole foods.

Demonic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I will list a few of my cookbooks that ive found to have many good recipes.

The post punk kitchen.
The supermarket vegan, I think thats the title.
Vegan cupcakes take over the world.
The complete guide to vegan food substitutions, think thats the title.

A few websites would be

vegnews.com
http://weeklyveganmenu.blogspot.com/
http://nofaceplate.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items