Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
here you go my two FAV websites for vegan or meaty food vegan food and website with vegan food and ect.

Dapper Fatcat

Adele Adkins
I'm pretty sure pork isn't vegan

Ally

no one uses bing
Adele Adkins
I'm pretty sure pork isn't vegan

FYI, it can be omitted. No worries.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Hope you don't have a problem with using a microwave wink

Spiced Microwave Tofu

You need:
200-300 g soft tofu (also called silken tofu)
some (roughly) cracked szichuan pepper
1 shallot, minced
1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
1-2 tbsp soy sauce

Put the tofu on a (microwave-safe) plate. Divide it into 3x3 cubes and cover it up with all the other ingredients. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds and eat right away. Also tastes nice with some lemon juice. And no animals were harmed for this delicious snack wink
this is a really good site, a lot of her recipes are delicious!

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2000/02/recipes-list.html
Have you ever heard of Tempeh? Tempeh's a meat substitute that is made of lots of different nuts and grains, and is completely vegan. It's cheap, easy to get (I get mine at King Soopers), and there are lots of things to do with it. The first time I had it, it was a meat substitute in a taco, and it was incredible. There are a bunch of different flavors, and they also have recipes on the back of the box, but my favorite thing to do with it is as follows:

You need:
Tempeh (duh)
Pita bread (or some sort of edible pocket food to put this all in, as I realize Pita isn't usually vegan)
balsamic vinegar
baby carrots
favorite salad greens
soy sauce
honey/hoisen sauce (or both)

Directions:
1. cut off a chunk of the Tempeh, however big you want, then cut this into thing slices (actually doesn't matter how you cut it, that's just how I like it)
2. mix together your soy sauce and honey/hoisen, and then add in the tempeh slices, making sure to get all sides of the tempeh covered. Let sit for 5-10 minutes
3. take a slice of pita (if using) and cut it in half. if using something else, just make sure it's big enough to fit all of this into it
4. chop up a few baby carrots, maybe 7 or 8 of them, to whatever consistency you like and set aside
5. in a pan over medium heat, saute your tempeh in the marinade
6. take your pita/pocket, and in the bottom stuff in some salad greens. Put tempeh on top, sprinkle your carrots over that, put a drizzle of balsamic over that, and Viola! you're done!

It's sooo yummy. I'm not vegan, but I love tempeh and I eat it almost every day. It's really tasty, is high in protein, and is great if you want to eat something light. Enjoi!

Liberal Witch

I actually posted these elsewhere earlier today, but it occurs to me that they are both vegan-friendly, so here you go:

Pasta salad recipe I like:
- One box of penne (or whatever noodle you prefer)
- One pack of cherry tomatoes (these will hold longer and with better flavor than diced normal tomatoes)
- One bag/bunch of fresh spinach
- One can of black olives
- Olive/vegetable oil
- Basil/dill, salt and pepper to taste

Cook the pasta, drain it, cool it, and mix everything together.
Leftover tip: If you're going to eat the pasta a day later, throw more oil into it first and mix.

As for a warm pasta recipe:
- One box of penne (or whatever pasta you like
- One bag/bunch of fresh spinach
- Small amount of oil
- 3/4 cloves garlic, minced (or powdered garlic's equivalent)
- Capers and lemon juice to taste (my preference is about two tablespoons of capers)

Cook the pasta. While it's cooking, pour about one tablespoon of oil into a heated pan. Add the garlic/garlic powder. Cook for about 30 seconds (really just trying to warm it/mix), then toss in the spinach and lemon juice (a couple of tablespoons should be good). Cook for a minute or so, making sure to stir and toss frequently. The goal is to get the spinach leaves to wilt and mix the flavors. Drain your pasta, mix it with everything else, and serve hot.

Dapper Explorer

Lady Aurora Borealis
Ellen DeGeneres is full on Vegan and has a whole site just for vegan recipes here.

Urgh~ Thank you! :3

As stupid as this sounds, Ellen has actually really helped me stay vegan. In a small town, the second I say I'm vegan people think I've got some kind of plague they'll catch if they eat around me, but the second I say Ellen's a vegan, people change their outlook.

Definitely using this site. Thank you.
Bored Broke and Blonde
Lady Aurora Borealis
Ellen DeGeneres is full on Vegan and has a whole site just for vegan recipes here.

As stupid as this sounds, Ellen has actually really helped me stay vegan. In a small town, the second I say I'm vegan people think I've got some kind of plague they'll catch if they eat around me, but the second I say Ellen's a vegan, people change their outlook.

You should write her a letter to tell her. She might have or make a video that you can show people when they act the way you describe.
And I know what you mean about how they think you have some sort of plague. When I went vegetarian when I was much younger my older sister (obviously clueless) went on about how I would be starving myself and acting all "anorexic" because I was going to just eat fruits and vegetables.
I have a few very simple ones. I mostly eat stir fries, currys, stews, pasta, pizza that sort of thing. Just find basic recipes online. Most of them involve just chucking mixed veg and some canned legumes/lentils in a wok and season to taste. Garlic, soy sauce, mixed herbs..anything you like really.

My favourite is oil frying mushrooms and adding thick dark soy sauce with garlic powder. Microwaving a potato and mushing in some red pepper hummus. With a tin of chickpeas mixed in with a small amount of onion salt.

But there are much much better recipes out there for people that arnt as lazy as me razz im always after the quick fix tbh razz
oh also, just as a snack one of my favourite things to do is to cube tofu (the non mushy stuff), and fry it in curry, garlic and onion powder and soy sauce. Its great as a side aswell, lovely in salads or whatever.

I could go on for ages about vegan recipes but tbh its all self explanatory. You can take it as far as you want but the best stuff is the simple, quick and healthy shiz.

Best thing to do is get a load of your favourite ingredients together every meal time, and just take it from there. Learn by doing.

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Lady Aurora Borealis
Bored Broke and Blonde
Lady Aurora Borealis

You should write her a letter to tell her. She might have or make a video that you can show people when they act the way you describe.
And I know what you mean about how they think you have some sort of plague. When I went vegetarian when I was much younger my older sister (obviously clueless) went on about how I would be starving myself and acting all "anorexic" because I was going to just eat fruits and vegetables.

I still get people trying to tell me I'm going to die after over 23 years without meat. blaugh

Distinct Friend

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I just got a vegan cook book because I am wanting to go vegitarian and i am lactose intolerant. There are tons of great recipes in it like Lavander Cookies. Tofu Scramble, and Portabella Burgers. It is also newly vegan friendly because it has alot of recipes for the meat substitutes and it has a whole section dedicated to teaching you what alternative sources of protien are. It is called "The Veganopolis Cookbook: A Manual for Great Vegan Cooking"

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
This is realllly good stuff. Instead of the ham I use peas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff