1 cup sour cream substitute
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
5 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons soy margarine
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
In a large mixing bowl resift flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt and 3/4 cup of sugar. In a separate bowl combine the egg replacer and water (2 eggs' worth) and mix in sour cream substitute and vanilla. Pour the 'egg' mixture into the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Spread batter in baking pan. Sprinkle blueberries (optional) and/or walnuts (optional) over the batter, and stir slightly so that they stay in the top layer.
In a small bowl, combine the 5 tablespoons sugar, margarine and cinnamon. Mix with a fork until mixture resembles cornmeal (not smooth). Sprinkle topping over batter.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.

Blessed Fairy

tour eiffel
I just wanted to point out that white sugar isn't vegan. The processing to turn it white includes charred animal bones. There are vegan sugars available, such as turbinado and demerarara. Those are raw (unprocessed) sugars, but beet sugar is also vegan.

Manly Noob

10,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Try this, it's Lentil Bolognese and quite easy to do. I also posted it on another thread for someone who had diet requirements.

PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOK: 25-30 Minutes

Ingredients

1 Onion, chopped
2 garlic gloves, crushed
2 Carrots, grated
2 Celery sticks, chopped
3 tbsp (tablespoons) olive oil,
2 tbsp Tomato purée
115/4oz red lentils
1x400g/140oz chopped tomatos
450ml/2cups stock (Vegetable as your Vegan)
Salt and ground black pepper

Method

1) In a large saucepan, gently fry the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in the oil for about 5 minutes until they are soft.

2)Add the lentils, tomatoes, tomato purée, stock and seasoning.

3) Bring the mixture to a boil then partly cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes until thick and soft. Use Bolognese as required.

Tried and tested myself as I'm vegetarian, so I hope you enjoy it to! Oh and do note, this makes up a lot of bolognese, so you'll be able to freeze some as well!

Diamond Rika

I just wanted to add, Silver Spoon sugar doesn't contain animal bone, it's 100% vege and vegan friendly. I'm not sure if you can get silver spoon in countries other then England but if you can be sure to look out for it! However the brown sugar by Silver spoon can not be guaranteed vegan or vege friendly.

Blessed Fairy

Puggle and Pip
I just wanted to add, Silver Spoon sugar doesn't contain animal bone, it's 100% vege and vegan friendly. I'm not sure if you can get silver spoon in countries other then England but if you can be sure to look out for it! However the brown sugar by Silver spoon can not be guaranteed vegan or vege friendly.
Never seen it in the US... I just know that standard white cane sugar here is non-vegan unless it says on the box that it is vegan. It's one of those foods that you'd think should always be vegan, which just makes the whole thing confusing. xp

Then of course our labeling laws aren't as strict either so some things get labeled "vegan" that... aren't vegan.

ewrr's Oppa

34,950 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Abomination 100
Cornsoup

-one can(?) of maize
-1 bell pepper
-1 onion
- coconut milk
- spices

Blessed Mage

9,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
Try forksoverknives.com. They are all about plant based diets. I have yet to try some of their stuff, but it all looks really yummy. They have external links to other sites that are from the people who were in the documentary that I saw on it.
DJ rXc
Going vegan for my poor, overly sensitive stomach as well as for the animals.
I need yummy recipes! c:
I have just a few to share in return as well.

Alicia Sylverstone has thekinddiet.com. I also have an Awesome list of gluten free vegan recipes if you want those. I'll post them tomorrow when I have access to my home computer.what kind of stuff do you like? I have over 300 vegan cookbooks and wouldn't mind pulling out recipes for you <3
http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes-galore/ =] nevermind, got home sooner than I thought!

Celebrating Star

7,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Famous salad
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Salt
Oil ,
vinager
Raspberry
Iceberg salad
Cucumber
2 Bowls
Plate
Cut the cucumber and lettuce
Put in a bowl with cherry tomatoes
Dressing(optional)
Juice raspberry
Add one pinch of salt to the bowl of juice
Drizzle in some vinager and oil
Mix
Put all the dressing in the salad
Mix serve eat!

Original Ladykiller

6,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Clambake 200
Vegan... if you like Indian cuisine, here's a great recipe I'm doing for my cafe's weekly special:

Lobia Dal - black bean stew

1) Mix these ingredients together, add to a shallow pan:

1 tsp of ginger
1 tsp of salt
1.5 tsp of coriander
2 tsp of cumin seed
.5 tsp of turmeric
2 tbsp oil
1.5 cups of vegetable broth

2) After this mixture is heated, add these:

1 very small onion, minced
2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbsp of lemon juice
2 cups of black eyed peas, pre-cooked

3) Let this simmer until it has thickened into a stew

This goes great with rice, some sauteed or grilled vegetables, etc. For our special, we're serving it with couscous and steamed zucchini, yellow squash, and carrot.

Hope this helps C:
Vegan stuffed zucchini or pepper ( Had stuffed zucchini tonight was great )

4 medium zucchini ( I used 1 large )
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 c. finely chopped onion
1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
3 garlic cloves, minced
?1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Chop and reserve about 3/4 of the seeds for the stuffing.
In a medium bowl, mix together everything else
If you are using couscous, boil then add to mix before putting on.
Bake for 30 minutes.

With mine I used couscous, pepper, onion, toamtoes, garlic, and spaghetti sauce.
My all-time favorite smoothie for breakfast from my old job;

we called it Body Cleanse:

3 equal parts banana slices, frozen blueberries, and frozen mango
tsp of amazing grass greens powder
tsp of barleans flax oil
splash of pineapple juice
enough pom/blueberry/cranberry juice blend to cover the top of the frozen fruit

Blend.
Enjoy. heart

If you are looking into tummy-friendly life changes, a raw diet works WONDERS! biggrin
Since you're going vegan, I'm telling you now that BEANS, LENTILS, and RICE will be your new best friends and there's millions of recipes that involve them. Lentils (red or regular color) especially. Because they only take 8 minutes to cook with no pre-soaking required. You can buy a whole bunch for cheap from a grocery store's bulk section to cook into soups, steam with rice, or cook then toss into salads. It provides complete protein and you won't miss meat.

Olive oil, salt, and a pinch of garlic are perfectly vegan and can go on everything that butter goes on. You can mash potatoes with them, whip up so it's creamy, and add a dash of oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and parsley (all harbs you can buy in bulk and mix together yourself at home).

Flaxseed meal or even almond meal if you find it, are great additions to baked goods (like muffins and pancakes) as a replacer for egg (just 1 spoon of meal + 1 spoon water add to flour batter).

Garlic, sesame seed oil, and soy sauce makes for great stirfry. Just toss it in the pan with anything you want, pea pods, broccoli, carrots, onions. Garnish with cilantro.

Vegan lasagna is a pretty popular recipe to come by. You just layer up a casserole dish with slices of zucchini, potato, onions, tomato, garlic, carrots, spinach with dashes of salt, pepper, basil, and parsley every other layer. Bake with foil covering the top until the potato layer is soft (poke it with a fork). That's what I like to do but there's more recipes for vegan lasagna to google and all of them are super yum. If tomato is too strong for you, sub it with some lemon juice and a different vegetable... or beans!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff