Welcome to Gaia! ::

Auxvasse's Compadre

Invisible Regular

Going vegan for my poor, overly sensitive stomach as well as for the animals.
I need yummy recipes! c:
I have just a few to share in return as well.

Auxvasse's Compadre

Invisible Regular

Ruthless Giver

6,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
I have been vegan for two years now, it's not hard at all, and it will defiantly help your stomach.
I suggest getting cook books because you will be cooking alot, I have a wonderful cook book called "Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook" also another good one is "Vegan with a Vengeance" but yes, on to recipes.

Pumpkin Muffins
(The hardest part for me starting off was the sweets)
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground or freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup pureed pumpkin (Fresh or from a can; do not use pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons molasses

Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin.

Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, soy milk, oil, and molasses. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.

Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

These are delicious, just saying, and they came out of "Vegan with a Vengeance"

Also you could always try making a stir fry, those seem to be the easiest and you can make them with anything you want, I normally use,
A few handfuls of sliced mushrooms
1-2 Red,Yellow, or orange peppers (cut however you would like)
1 large sweet onion diced
6-7 fingerling potatoes cut into thin slices
2 large carrots cut into thin slices
1 firm or extra firm brick of tofu or 1 can of wheat gluten
salt and spices of my choice
A bit of soy sauce
and a good amount of Kikkoman terriyaki sauce

In a larger skillet, pour in oil so the bottom is fully covered, add ingredients stir, add spices and then cover and let sit for around 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally, Once to food gets as soft as you want it than it's done, you may have to drain some of the liquid from it and then ad your sauce

Auxvasse's Compadre

Invisible Regular

MarilynMansonIsMyGod

1. Marilyn Manson, ******** yeah.
2. Thanks! I've been trying to find a pdf for the Veganomicom but no site has one.
I heard it is indeed an awesome vegan cook book. I can't wait to check it out.
Thanks for the recipes, too. They look delicious.
3. You don't have a trading pass so I can't send you the 1k tip /:
4. You got me my newb wrangler achievement, thanks - 3-

Ally

Pakbet or Pinakbet Recipe

Estimated cooking time: 35 minutes

Pakbet Ingredients:
1/4 kilo pork with fat, cut into small pieces
2 Amapalya (bitter melons) sliced to bite size pieces
2 eggplants, sliced to bite size pieces
5 pieces of okra, cut in two
1 head garlic, minced
2 onions, diced
5 tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon of ginger, crushed and sliced
4 tablespoons bagoong isda or bagoong alamang (Fish paste)
3 tablespoons of oil
1 1/2 cup water
Salt and pepper to taste

Pakbet Cooking Instructions:
In a cooking pan, heat oil and fry the pork until brown, remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
On the same pan, saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
In a casserole, boil water and add bagoong.
Add the pork in the casserole and mix in the sautéed garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add in all the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are done, careful not to overcook.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with plain rice.

This is one of our native dish. smile
A complete vegan meal (with COMPLETE branch chain amino acid proteins) is extremely simple. It goes like this.
"A green, a bean, and a grain."

As long as you have these on your plate, you cant go wrong.

eg. -Millet, pinto beans, spinach [my favourite]

-Quinoa, Lentils, Kale.
Ellen DeGeneres is full on Vegan and has a whole site just for vegan recipes here.
Probably my favorite chef right now:
www.chefchloe.com
I just bought her book 'Chloe's Kitchen' and the food looks completely amazing. You definitely have to try her cupcakes, and use coconut milk with them. She's won multiple Cupcake Wars with them.

www.blog.fatfreevegan.com

http://healthyblenderrecipes.com/recipes/type/raw/
Hey girl, I'm vegan also. I'm not looking for tips or anything so silly as that. But I would love someone to share recipes and discuss ideas. I have already collected plenty myself that I've love to share, some I've made up or others by people I know personally. From easy few ingredients to more complicated but very delicious. Two of my family members are body builders, and five others are vegan, one being a nutritionist so I've been able to gather a lot of info on healthy eating.

I'd like to get to know your story in detail first, and what you enjoy most. (Are you into spices, curry, or anything hot? How long have you had stomach problems?) How long have you been considering going vegan, and what really triggered the movement? Things like that. smile

Friendly Pumpkin

8,975 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm not vegan, but this recipe is vegan-proof and totally awesome anyways! This is my mum's recipe for an awesome pico de gallo (a fresh salsa) variation. The measurements are rough because it's not written, we just kinda do it whenever we feel like, so you can do it to your liking as well!

Labtech Abi's Madre's Pico de Gallo Variation

3 or 4 moderately sized tomatoes
    2 sweet red bell peppers
    2 sweet yellow bell peppers
    1 red onion
    1 cup of cilantro, chopped (we usually just take a handful, but that's the most precise measurement I could think to translate it to)
    Half a lime or lime juice
    A few shakes of Garlic Salt
    Kosher salt added to taste

It's a pretty simple chop and toss salsa. Wash your veggies. Cut the tomatoes in half or quarters so you can de-seed them. Then, cut the tomatoes into small pieces (think about the size of a pencil eraser, roughly, everyone has preferences for their chunk sizes) (a food processor is a great tool for this). Make sure you drain all the extra juice that you're gonna get from the tomatoes. Cut the bell peppers each into strips and de-seed them. Then cut them into small pieces about the same size as the tomatoes. Peel and do the same with the red onion, cutting it into small pieces. "Chop the crap out of the cilantro" is how we like to put it, you just want to make sure the cilantro isn't huge. Mix your veggies and cilantro. Squeeze your lime over the mix, make sure it gets a healthy helping of that lime juicey goodness! Add a few shakes of garlic salt to taste and do the same with your kosher salt. Mix it around to your heart's content. Let it sit in the fridge for a little bit (like, half an hour). Enjoy.

Voila! Awesome pico that can be eaten with chips of your choice or used to top bruschetta! :3 Hope you enjoy! Sorry again for the roughness of it! I'm not a master cook and this recipe is passed down orally, so I don't have any written form of reference. This is a nice variation, too, because it's not spicy at all! If you want spice you could always add your own pepper or find another recipe. But if you have a sensitive stomach like I do and my mother does it's a really good salsa! Also another note, that is a veeeeerrryyy juicy salsa, so over time the juice will collect in the tupperware or whatever. Just warnin'.
The appeal of being vegan for me (and I'm not actually vegan, I just try to avoid animal products when possible) is keeping things good, wholesome, and simple. I dislike complex recipes, and I really hate vegan versions of meat dishes. I just don't get it. Anyway, for my contribution.

Vegan Refried Beans

Take a pound of pinto beans and soak them overnight. Then simmer them for about two hours in fresh water.

Take a dollop of Crisco (or whatever oil you want, I guess), and fry up a diced onion. Then add the beans a little at a time. Mush them up, and use the bean water too so they have a nice consistency (dry is bad). Keep adding beans and water until you've got them all mushed and fried. When it tastes delicious, you know you've done it right.

Vegan Spanish Rice (not actually Spanish or Mexican)

Take a dollop of Crisco or whatever oil and fry up a diced onion. Then add two cups of rice, and fry it up for a couple minutes until it's getting a little brown. Then toss in a can of Ro*Tel. Seriously. Throw in three cups of water. Toss in some garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin (to taste). Bring it all to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer and cover it. It's ready when the water is gone and the rice is edible. Try not to open the pot or stir it until it's done, though.

Vegan Burritos

Take a vegan tortilla (you can make these, but I haven't figured out how yet). Put on some beans. Put on some rice. Enjoy.

Auxvasse's Compadre

Invisible Regular

Thanks everyone! Things have been hectic, so I haven't had a chance to respond to each of your individual posts, but know that I would if I could (:
You've all been a big help.
I love this banana ice cream, and it is very easy to make.
Just peel a banana, and chop it into small pieces. Put it in the deep freezer in a plastic bag and leave it there until fully frozen. Blend the frozen banana bits to a lovely ice cream.

Blessed Fairy

I'm not vegan, but I do have some recipes I've used that are. Mostly obvious ones though. sweatdrop Nonetheless, here's a couple. 4laugh

Guacamole
3 Hass avocados (halved, seeded, and peeled)
Juice of 1-2 limes
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional, in my opinion)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
1/2 medium onion (diced)
2 Roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
Small handful of chopped or torn cilantro
1 clove of garlic (minced)

1. Put the avocado in a bowl (break it up if you want) with the lime juice. Toss to coat. Drain and reserve the lime juice.
2. Add salt, cumin, and cayenne then mush it up with a potato masher (or a fork works if you don't have a masher).
3. Fold in onions, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add a tablespoon or so of the reserved lime juice and mix together.
4. Let sit at room temperature for up to one hour then serve or refrigerate.

Yeah, that one seems obvious, but it's not that hard to make and it's loads tastier than store-bought!

Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, ground cayenne, or ground chipotle pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika (any variety)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper

1. Put all ingredients into small bowl and mix.
2. Use to season one recipe of fajitas or tacos. Can also be used in chili!

This saves you from the sneaky sugar (generally not vegan) in those store-bought seasoning packets. If you like more spice in your food, double the recipe. If you like less, cut it in half!

Veggie Fajitas
1 onion (or 2 if you like a lot of onion)
3 bell peppers (any color)
1 small can of mushrooms, drained (or about a cup of fresh sliced ones)
1 recipe taco seasoning
Oil or cooking spray
Tortillas (these have to come in vegan varieties, right? Serve over brown rice if you can't find 'em though.)

1. Slice up your onion and peppers into strips.
2. Lube up your pan and let it get hot.
3. Toss in the onions and peppers and let them cook a bit while you get the mushrooms ready.
4. Add the mushrooms and mix everything together.
5. Season with the taco seasoning.
6. Cook until vegetables are soft and cooked through and the onion has started to brown.
7. Serve in tortillas or over brown rice with toppings of your choosing.

This is a fun one because once you have the hang of it you can add whatever you want to it to keep it interesting or add more fiber or protein. You can also swap out the seasoning for Chinese five spice and make it into a veggie stir fry! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff