Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Sex Symbol

So after about two months of next to no gains I realized it was because I was eating almost 1000 calories under maintenance, let alone enough to build.

Anyone have any hearty high protein recipes they'd like to share? No dietary restrictions, but I'm particularly interested in vegan.

Mega Genius

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Generous 100
Well, if you're interested in a vegan diet, you'll have to either make a complete protein or use something like protein powder.
Try combining nuts and grains - nut butters or sliced nuts with steel-cut oats is pretty good.
For more calories, you could add soy milk and fruit.
You could also make high calorie protein shakes with fruit/veggies, protein powder, and soy milk.

Aged Sex Symbol

Maia_QQ
Well, if you're interested in a vegan diet, you'll have to either make a complete protein or use something like protein powder.
Try combining nuts and grains - nut butters or sliced nuts with steel-cut oats is pretty good.
You could also make high calorie protein shakes with fruit/veggies, protein powder, and soy milk.

You know I completely forgot there were nut butters other than peanut butter. Thanks.

I'll give the smoothie thing a try.

Mega Genius

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Generous 100
SS_ShitStorm
Maia_QQ

You know I completely forgot there were nut butters other than peanut butter. Thanks.

I'll give the smoothie thing a try.

Cool~ I hope they work for you!

Sparkly Strawberry

5,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
There is a lot of protein in Beans, Spinach, Cheeses, Fish, Tofu, Turkey, Chicken and Eggs. I'd have 3 whole eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. Lunch make seared chicken breast over a bead of spinach. And dinner make a Salmon w/ Bean salad or Lentil Soup (Lentil beans are very very very high in protein)
But if you want to go the extra mile for protein, Mealworms are extremely rich with proteins.
They aren't half bad.. give them a shot!

Naughty Incubus

Aged Sex Symbol

Naughty Incubus
There is a lot of protein in Beans, Spinach, Cheeses, Fish, Tofu, Turkey, Chicken and Eggs. I'd have 3 whole eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast. Lunch make seared chicken breast over a bead of spinach. And dinner make a Salmon w/ Bean salad or Lentil Soup (Lentil beans are very very very high in protein)
But if you want to go the extra mile for protein, Mealworms are extremely rich with proteins.

Naughty Incubus

Can you by pre-cooked mealworms? I'm down for trying them but I don't really want to cull them myself.

Sparkly Strawberry

5,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yes, you can find dried or precooked mealworms in health food markets.

Naughty Incubus

SS_ShitStorm
Naughty Incubus

Naughty Incubus

Can you by pre-cooked mealworms? I'm down for trying them but I don't really want to cull them myself.
For vegan protein, go for quinoa, kale, spinach, beans, nuts of all kinds, soy or hemp protein powder, and tofu.

Bahhh. Forgot about hummus too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces