Welcome to Gaia! ::

freedomwitch's Partner In Crime

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
I recently found out I'm single now after three years of marriage - as in, he told me today he was leaving and then left. So....I'm so used to cooking for both of us that I don't know what to do. I don't want to make what I always do and end up with leftovers for days and days. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can make/eat?

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Said this over PM, but very sorry to hear of your loss and what sort of person just drives such a decision without consent? I'd make a crack about (taxation) without representation, but I'm no comedian. XD

Having never even had a bf, I'm fairly useless in this department, but... try learning a recipe or two from another culture? The effort can help alleviate some grief too. Maybe. What sort of things do you like to eat?

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
Nintendraw
Said this over PM, but very sorry to hear of your loss and what sort of person just drives such a decision without consent? I'd make a crack about (taxation) without representation, but I'm no comedian. XD

Having never even had a bf, I'm fairly useless in this department, but... try learning a recipe or two from another culture? The effort can help alleviate some grief too. Maybe. What sort of things do you like to eat?

I don't even know. I'd always make stuff he liked...so I don't even know what I would want to try or eat. I just want sort of simple stuff right now so I don't end up hacking my fingers off.

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Color Me Fubar
Nintendraw

I don't even know. I'd always make stuff he liked...so I don't even know what I would want to try or eat. I just want sort of simple stuff right now so I don't end up hacking my fingers off.
Your folks might be able to jog your memory? If you want to minimize injury, then microwave works--but that's assuming you risk burning yourself if you cook now. Otherwise, try a chicken noodle soup or something else comforting? I know some Asian recipes too, but can't name them all off the top of my head.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
Nintendraw
Color Me Fubar
Nintendraw

Your folks might be able to jog your memory? If you want to minimize injury, then microwave works--but that's assuming you risk burning yourself if you cook now. Otherwise, try a chicken noodle soup or something else comforting? I know some Asian recipes too, but can't name them all off the top of my head.
Chicken noodle soup actually sounds good. I was thinking just getting some chicken breasts, hacking them up and making a salad thingy. I don't know.

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Here are a few of the things I made back when I was living in college residences and wanted good meals in small portions so that I wouldn't fill my mini-fridge with leftovers XD

- Fajitas with chicken (slice one cooked chicken breast) and black bean puree, along with whatever toppings you like (for me, cheese, lettuce and bell pepper)

- Fish baked in aluminum foil with lemon juice

- An avocado cut in half and filled with some cheese and tuna

- Ramen soup without the spice packet, in which I added broth, small frozen pre-cooked shrimp and chopped mini bok choy

- Omelettes

There's quite a lot, but that's the first ones that come to mind. For simple recipes that usually don't make too many portions, take a look at The Gluttony 101 Guild It's really old and inactive, and some recipes rely a little too much and premade food, but there are many great ideas in there, and it's easy to navigate. I used to go there all the time with my old account.

The Ariadelle's Fangirl

Glittering Frog

45,525 Points
  • The Captain's Visions 500
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • Love for the Landia 500
To tack on what Jackie said, cooking chicken for a whole day's worth of food is a good way as well--uses less time to cook/using dishes/cleaning them.

Other simple things--I know this sounds like a poor-man's way--but simple snacks like celery and peanut butter or even PBJ sandwiches. Don't have any bread available? Tortillas and even crackers (is Saltines/Ritz) are very good alternatives.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
FindingJackie
CaptainTapole

Thank you both! Those sound really good and yes, I always forget about PB&J, to be honest. I don't know why, since I actually like it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff