Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Rabbit

I love spinach. A looooot. But I can't find any recipes online that a) sound good, and b) consist of things that are generally found in a typical kitchen. (I DON'T HAVE YOUR DANG ARTICHOKES, OKAY, INTERNET!?) Ahem.

What are some good, simple recipes that require spinach? I don't have the frozen, boxed kind, I have the bagged, ready-to-eat kind.

Also - have any of you tried to make cauliflower pizza? I'm working on it as we speak, and I had to shred 1/2 a head of cauliflower, then steam it. Preeeeetty sure I did something wrong.

Beloved Browser

I don't do much with spinach besides putting it in my smoothies and adding it on to pizza/omelet/salads.

And yeah, hate that when you search for recipes they have so many extra stuff to add that you don't have...*insert angry face*

Desirable Grabber

My sister does a lot of spinach cooking, but mostly just salads; one of her own recipes (i think) was she took a leaf of lettuce/spinach (she's done it with both) put some feta cheese in it, red peppers, pistachios/almonds/some other nut, and then just rolls them up. They were pretty good.

There's also this website, which is pretty thorough for imagination.

Treehugger
I throw a TON of spinach into my marinara sauce any time I make spaghetti or pasta! It cooks down super fast and adds a lot of nutrition to your dish! It's shocking how much you can put in and barely even see it. whee

I also use it in quiche, crepes, and as a substitute for lettuce in sandwiches and burgers.

Ruthless Rabbit

Mandeh Candeh
I don't do much with spinach besides putting it in my smoothies and adding it on to pizza/omelet/salads.

And yeah, hate that when you search for recipes they have so many extra stuff to add that you don't have...*insert angry face*

Does the spinach detract from like smoothie sweetness? I made the cauliflower pizza with spinach, and it was delicious!

I hate that! It's like...we're one of those typical American homes, so we don't have a lot of random super fancy stuff.

Ruthless Rabbit

Ryumonosuke
My sister does a lot of spinach cooking, but mostly just salads; one of her own recipes (i think) was she took a leaf of lettuce/spinach (she's done it with both) put some feta cheese in it, red peppers, pistachios/almonds/some other nut, and then just rolls them up. They were pretty good.

There's also this website, which is pretty thorough for imagination.

Treehugger

That sounds delicious. I feel like a regular spinach leaf wouldn't really be big enough for that though, but I'm normally wrong. I'm going to try that!

Ruthless Rabbit

Aki Ana
I throw a TON of spinach into my marinara sauce any time I make spaghetti or pasta! It cooks down super fast and adds a lot of nutrition to your dish! It's shocking how much you can put in and barely even see it. whee

I also use it in quiche, crepes, and as a substitute for lettuce in sandwiches and burgers.

I don't really like marinara sauce, especially not on spaghetti, lol. How do you use it in crepes, what else is in it? I always think crepes are supposed to be super sweet.

I always trade it for lettuce. I hate lettuce!
Delia Snow
Aki Ana

I don't really like marinara sauce, especially not on spaghetti, lol. How do you use it in crepes, what else is in it? I always think crepes are supposed to be super sweet.

I always trade it for lettuce. I hate lettuce!

You can 'melt' it down in any kind of pasta sauce! Pesto, even alfredo. If it adds too much water, just cook the spinach down in a skillet first!

I like savory crepes. Stack a bunch of spinach leaves and chiffonade them (cut them all at once into super thin ribbons) and then spread them on the warm crepe and top with bacon and scrambled eggs!

Really depends on how you like your spinach I guess. whee Good luck!
I basically add at least a handful of baby spinach to everything I cook. It cooks down so well it can almost vanish. I top my salads off with it, and use spinach instead of lettuce in my sandwiches.
I've made a spinach dip with it. ( I used asparagus in it too because I was trying to use it up). You could throw in any small bite sized chopped vegetables in a dip though. I get it though a lot of dips are spinach and artichoke.

Hesitant Hellraiser

8,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Tycoon 200
Delia Snow
I love spinach. A looooot. But I can't find any recipes online that a) sound good, and b) consist of things that are generally found in a typical kitchen. (I DON'T HAVE YOUR DANG ARTICHOKES, OKAY, INTERNET!?) Ahem.

What are some good, simple recipes that require spinach? I don't have the frozen, boxed kind, I have the bagged, ready-to-eat kind.

Also - have any of you tried to make cauliflower pizza? I'm working on it as we speak, and I had to shred 1/2 a head of cauliflower, then steam it. Preeeeetty sure I did something wrong.

Look up Yummly and check out that site. It will help you! Though I would recommend using it for salads, sandwiches, and smoothies!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff