Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do chips or corn flakes really work to fry chicken? And if so does it really taste good? I was just curious
Yes they do, and it is DELICIOUS. blaugh
I'm not as big of a fan with the chips though. They seem to make it just a little too salty.
I also like to fry it with panko (japanese bread crumbs) and in olive oil.
Put some sauce on top with some basil and oregano, and you're ready to go!
antifreeze1994
I'm not as big of a fan with the chips though. They seem to make it just a little too salty.

Can you explain to me how it works, though? I don't understand how it sticks to the chicken...
Enchantress0fDreams
antifreeze1994

Can you explain to me how it works, though? I don't understand how it sticks to the chicken...

Well, there's a few ways to do it, but I do it with egg. You may even be able to just use egg whites. they should work, but I've never tried it.
anyway, you coat the chicken in beaten egg, and then simply dip it into the crumbs.
Then fry it.
It's also possible to just use the chicken's juices, but this doesn't work anywhere near as well. You have to handle it as if it was a piece of glass, or all the crumbs will fall right off.
Also, if you're wondering, no. you don't taste the egg at all.
antifreeze1994
Enchantress0fDreams
antifreeze1994

Well, there's a few ways to do it, but I do it with egg. You may even be able to just use egg whites. they should work, but I've never tried it.
anyway, you coat the chicken in beaten egg, and then simply dip it into the crumbs.
Then fry it.
It's also possible to just use the chicken's juices, but this doesn't work anywhere near as well. You have to handle it as if it was a piece of glass, or all the crumbs will fall right off.

yeah I was wondering how well the crumbs or cereal would stick to the chicken even after it's cooked. Thanks! ^^

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
antifreeze1994
Enchantress0fDreams
antifreeze1994

Then fry it.

I like to use a couple tablespoons of sesame oil and corn flakes in my chicken......mmmmmm
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/oven_fried_chicken.html

Try this recipe. It only requires a oven and has 7 grams of fat per serving.

Gekko

I'm so hungry.
sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out