Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Hi everyone!

I'm currently trying to eat more healthy, but I have such a major sweet tooth! I love my fruits, and I occasionally try dark chocolate... but does anyone have any other suggestions? Any recipes at all? Please and thankyou ! smile
Here's a good one. This isn't totally a dessert , but it is sweet and it is healthy.

Your best bet to find the ingredients is to head to a health food store. You can also make the quinoa puffs (recipe here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/432717-how-do-i-make-puffed-quinoa/).

Quinoa Crunch Bar
Yields 8 bars, 16 squares, or 20 balls

3 ½ C quinoa puffs
½ C brown rice syrup
½ C nut/seed butter (sunbutter, tahini, or almond butter)
½ C raisins or dried cranberries
½ C nuts or seeds of choice
½ C cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Heat the brown rice syrup and nut or seed butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until it starts to simmer. Turn the heat off and let stand on the stovetop for two minutes while stirring every minute.

Pour the puffs into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the syrup mixture over the puffs and mix well. Add in the dried fruit and nuts or seeds then press into an oiled 8X8 inch pan. Refrigerate for a few hours to set then cut into bars or squares.

Transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze. Eat as dessert or a quick snack on the go.

Let me know if you like them!
How about this: One person couldn't eat this whole pudding themselves but its healthily, sweet and juice.

Summer Pudding

Hope you enjoy it
Put cream cheese into the groove on celery, and stick blueberries on it.
Or leave brie or camembert out with blueberries and let them soak in.
Or make a brie in the oven with fresh fruit.

Everyone things grains are so low in sugar, but they're are almost pure starch. Starch turns into a sugar called Maltose in your mouth. And starch makes you crave more starch.
A small bowl of pasta has over 500 calories. That is without sauce.

Talk to bodybuilders. They would choose ice cream over cake any day.

Dapper Dabbler

Take a plain (salt-free) rice cake, pour a spoonful of honey on top add a thin apple slice, microwave for 30 sec or until apple is cooked and top with cinnamon. 4laugh Pears are great too.
eixom
Here's a good one. This isn't totally a dessert , but it is sweet and it is healthy.

Your best bet to find the ingredients is to head to a health food store. You can also make the quinoa puffs (recipe here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/432717-how-do-i-make-puffed-quinoa/).

Quinoa Crunch Bar
Yields 8 bars, 16 squares, or 20 balls

3 ½ C quinoa puffs
½ C brown rice syrup
½ C nut/seed butter (sunbutter, tahini, or almond butter)
½ C raisins or dried cranberries
½ C nuts or seeds of choice
½ C cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips

Heat the brown rice syrup and nut or seed butter over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until it starts to simmer. Turn the heat off and let stand on the stovetop for two minutes while stirring every minute.

Pour the puffs into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the syrup mixture over the puffs and mix well. Add in the dried fruit and nuts or seeds then press into an oiled 8X8 inch pan. Refrigerate for a few hours to set then cut into bars or squares.

Transfer to an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze. Eat as dessert or a quick snack on the go.

Let me know if you like them!

Lucky Fatcat

I don't know if you've seen the healthy ice cream recipe that's been floating around the interwebz of late.
It's actually really good and tastes like regular ice cream! + it's very simple to make.

Steps:
-Take 1-2 bananas that are ripe and slice them into "coins."
-Freeze the sliced banana until solid
-Place in blender or food processor with 1-2 tbs peanut butter and mix until smooth like soft serve ice cream!

You can add a little nutella or experiment with different flavors as well.

biggrin Good luck! I also have a weakness for sweets!

Wheezing Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I'd say that you should definitely check out pinterest. There are so many smoothie recipes, cake recipes, and tons and tons of healthy cookie recipes. If anything, definitely look around the smoothie recipes. Those always seem to satisfy my sweet tooth. 3nodding Hope that helped. yum_puddi

Generous Poster

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
This is what I eat for dessert and is probably some of the healthiest you can eat:

Cut up fruit
Trail mix
Yogurt

I tend to use snackage at dessert so I don't get too carried away with snacking.

Shameless Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
1 1/2 cups fruit juice or almond milk
1 frozen banana
17-27 frozen strawberries (depending on size, you'll want them to go about to the 40oz mark on the blender.

Add to blender in order above. Cut banana in chunks and the strawberries in half first. (I like to use a meat cleaver, since it's fun and easy.) You can replace the banana with five more strawberries, but it won't be as creamy.

Makes two bowls. Feel free to add nuts or dark chocolate pieces as a topping.
i like making faux chocolate mousse by taking 2-3 cans of full fat coconut milk and placing them in the fridge overnight, in the morning open the cans upsidedown and take the coconut cream and add cocoa powder and honey. Or, add fruit instead, both make delicious creamy dessert. smile
Theres an asian dessert I like that you might enjoy. Make some sweet rice, slice a mango and arrange it over the bed of rice, and drizzle over a desired amount of slightly sweetened coconut milk/cream.

Dangerous Hunter

None. If it's healthy, it's not dessert.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff