Welcome to Gaia! ::

Melodious Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
I decided to slowly start eating healthier and ditching my bad habits. One of my first steps is getting soda out of my diet. I have been slowly replacing with water, but I have replaced the glass I use to have in the evening with smoothies. I find smoothies give me the sweetness I crave as well as upping my fruit and vegetable intake. I was doing some research about products such as Naked but decided I am better off making my own. I want to know what you make your smoothies with to make them healthier.

My current ingredient list is:
Frozen Fruit (I have been using the tropical mix which I believe is strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, mango, and red papaya.)
Frozen Coconut Shreds
Fresh Strawberries
Half of an Avocado
Ice
Sugar (I am looking for a better alternative)
Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Yours seems to have quite a few ingredients.

I like frozen berries blended with yogurt. I usually don't add sugar.

Soy milk has sugar in it so you could add it and maybe ditch the sugar but you seem to have a pretty big sweet tooth.

You could separate the mixed fruit and do a strawberry kiwi and maybe more fresh strawberries with the avocado and ice and yogurt.

Or a pineapple, mango, papaya by itself with the shredded coconut yogurt, and ice.

Beloved Browser

No extra sugar needed, lul.
Hmm, never tried shredded coconut meat, might give it a try : )

Melodious Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
Mandeh Candeh

I have been working on using less and less, but sometimes I need a sweet kick. Coconut is good. I also read to use coconut water, but I haven't tried it yet.

Melodious Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
caro_san
Yours seems to have quite a few ingredients.

I like frozen berries blended with yogurt. I usually don't add sugar.

Soy milk has sugar in it so you could add it and maybe ditch the sugar but you seem to have a pretty big sweet tooth.

You could separate the mixed fruit and do a strawberry kiwi and maybe more fresh strawberries with the avocado and ice and yogurt.

Or a pineapple, mango, papaya by itself with the shredded coconut yogurt, and ice.

I don't use them all in one smoothie normally, but when I do, the smoothie is usually substituting an actual meal. My go to smoothie is avocado, strawberries, ice, and a pinch of sugar.

Beloved Browser

Dreamer_In_The Stars_
Mandeh Candeh

I have been working on using less and less, but sometimes I need a sweet kick. Coconut is good. I also read to use coconut water, but I haven't tried it yet.

Oh, you should try adding the coconut water : )
I've tried it a few times in my smoothies and I loved it.

I love eating coconut meat....good stuff! XD
And yay for trying for less!

Melodious Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
Mandeh Candeh
Dreamer_In_The Stars_
Mandeh Candeh

Oh, you should try adding the coconut water : )
I've tried it a few times in my smoothies and I loved it.

I love eating coconut meat....good stuff! XD
And yay for trying for less!

I just picked up some coconut water when I went shopping after work along with avocados, frozen fruit, and sweet potatoes.

Tipsy Friend

4,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
A good substitute for sugar can be honey, banana, or as the others said, coconut water. I personally use a banana in all my smoothies to sweeten it up. Another good thing to add to smoothies to make them healthier is some kind of green veggies like kale or spinach. I'm actually drinking a smoothies with blueberries, strawberries, banana, and a small bit of pepper. Not sure if I would recommend tho X(

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff