Tzatziki sauce (make night before)
1/2 cucumber, diced
2 cups greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh mint, diced
1-2 teaspoon greek seasoning
1-2 teaspoon garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
put greek yogurt in a metal strainer/cheesecloth and let drain for however long you want - i usually do it overnight. While it's draining, combine the rest of the ingredients and let sit. Once you're ready, drain some of the liquid from the cucumber mixture and combine the cucumber mixture with the greek yogurt.

Gyros:
3 lb ground beef (or ground lamb)
2 teaspoons greek seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic
2 teaspoons marjoram
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2/3 cup bread crumbs

preheat overn to 350
combine ingredients and knead with your hands for 10-15 minutes. If you don't want to knead, then try putting it through a food processor for a couple of minutes (can't promise it'll turn out as good though). Press into a rectangle, place on a pan with high sides, and cook for 1 hour or until done.

Slice and serve with whole-wheat pita and tzatziki or chop up and put in a salad using tzatziki as topping

Note: Usually 1 lb of gyros serves 3-4 people or can be used for 3-4 meals. This recipe has about 12 servings in it, and you might have some tzatziki left over, which you can use as veggie dip if you're like me and love the taste of it.

Excitable Strawberry

Not even close to being healthy. At least try making it with ground chicken instead.

Animal Animal

Silvyee
Not even close to being healthy. At least try making it with ground chicken instead.
How is ground beef unhealthy? I use 98% lean.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Chicken isn't always healthier than beef or lamb - it depends on the parts you eat. And what makes gyros healthy is the tsatsiki. Calcium, protein and a few nutrients from the garlic and cucumber. Even though the latter is mainly water.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff