Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Pumpkin

18,300 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
  • Jack-pot 100
My daughter has just be diagnosed with a Gluten intolerance. (It run's in my side of the family)
I can cook Gluten free foods that adults will eat, but my problem is thinking of kid friendly foods.

Any Ideas?

Time-traveling Senshi

You can't get any better than a website that helps people with celiac learn how to live with the disease that has a section for kids. You'll find a bunch of the recipes come from kids themselves so they're things other kids with celiac and other gluten intolerances will like. You can't go wrong with bean topped enchiladas made using corn tortillas from an eleven year old. Plus, it has a whole section full of ideas for things you can pack in your daughter's lunch for school.

Good luck and I hope you find things she'll like just as much as everyone else in the family.

look up the Wheat Belly Cook Book in the library. They have a lot of recipes there.

Maybe make spaghetti with zucchini and squash instead of pasta.
Chili with a glutten free grain.

3,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200

I have celiac disease so I tooooooooootally know how that goes! There are lots of kid friendly things you can make, you can pretty much make anything everyone else can you just need to use different ingredients and substitute stuff. I have the ever so common soy allergy that a lot of celiacs have and that makes it literally a billion times worse, I know though that if your daughter does not have an issue with soy there are actually a ton of options that are still open, there are brands of chicken nuggets and things like that that are gluten free and lots of gluten free snacks and little meals you can buy. It all depends on what she likes and whether or not other foods are an issue to her or not. If not then you will be surprised at how much kid friendly gluten free stuff is out there. Go to celiac.com/gluten-free and you will find lots of ideas.
Look at paleo websites. They have the best things, and do not substitute wheat with worse substances like tapioca.

Dapper Dabbler

Udi's always has great gluten free options and recipes. Check out the website.
I'm intolerant due to no galblader. Look to see if you have local health food stores like community whole foods. There's gluten free bread options made with quinoa. Glutino and Nature's Path make gluten free cereals and Nature's Path tends to lean towards kids as well with their eco kids line with panda puffs, gorilla munch and there's also quinoa puffs that are slightly expensive but super tastey with cocoa flavour available too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff