Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zombie Vanity
I've been having serious problems with anxiety and I believe I might even have General Anxiety Disorder (GAD). I've tried some things to fight my anxiety, but recently it's escalated. Changing my diet as much as possible is something I want to try. Eating healthy is expensive, however, and my family doesn't have the money to change our eating habits around me alone. I know the basics about what I should and should not be eating, like the foods with properties that can help my anxiety and the foods that can trigger it, such as caffeine and sugars.
I've already googled this, of course, but was wondering if anyone knew of things that could help me and/or foods and products that can help and are inexpensive or convenient. Thanks to anybody who can give me information. (:

Check out a book about magnesium. Maybe it is missing in your diet? It is known to help a lot.
Also if you're vegetarian you could be missing key nutrients.
Zombie Vanity
FromGreenToPurple
Zombie Vanity
FromGreenToPurple
i use to have really bad anxiety issues, and i was diagnosed with GAD

the only thing that helped was realizing that it was only temporary and i wasnt going to die

xanax is great too, but it makes it worse when you dont have xanax

I realize that the panic attacks are temporary and won't kill me, but I'm trying to rid them from my life best as I can. I'm anxious for reasons I can't even detect, and I seem to be somewhat of a hypochondriac lol. I've practiced different breathing and calming methods to help while feeling as if I'm going to have a panic attack, but I feel like I need something more.

And Xanax is an option, but last resort.
yeah i had no idea why i was having panic attacks either, but when i did, i would start shaking and having trouble breathing, etc.

and i would just think about how ridiculous it was, and i would just keep doing whatever i was doing as if nothing was wrong even though i was freaking out in my head, eventually it got easier, then they just went away

I can't handle them that well. My body freaks out and I act completely on instinct.

I have this problem too. I have no idea how to deal with it and it is becoming worse the older I get.

Newbie Hunter

mine was caused by low blood sugar. now i take sugar pills when i get anxious. but i think high blood sugar can also cause anxiety.

i've heard pasta is one of the best foods for anxiety. i think bananas as well, but not sure. i'm not a doctor or dietitian.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff