Welcome to Gaia! ::

Komitkid's Wife

Hopefully I didn't post this in the wrong Fourm.
I was wondering if anybody knew anything about these vitamins?
I've heard negative reviews about centrum silver. about it causing really bad side affects. ect.
Does anybody know where to get information on vitimans/weight loss suppliments to see if they are good/bad for you?
I have a family member taking these and just want to make sure they are okay.
Please be informed if you give me an answer.

Just because they are vitimans doesnt mean they are always good for you. D ;
I'm just concerned/over protective.

User Image

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I personally do not trust anything called a weight loss supplement, but that's mostly because it makes people think they're doing the right thing, when really what they should be focusing on is getting a healthy, not too restrictive diet that they can keep following. As for multivitamins, I've had plenty of healthcare professionals recommend them to me, especially in the winter ('cause our diet tends to be a little more lacking at that time). My mom used to take Centrum and I've never heard of any side effects, but here's my best advice.

Don't trust internet, especially about anything medical. There are conspiracy theories and people crying out against everything in here. Ask your pharmacist about possible side effects and if they think it's good for anyone to take those. Ask him if they think some other product would be better. I know some people complain about big pharma, but in the end, most store pharmacist really just want to advise people and help with their health. If you have the chance, ask your doctor at your next yearly check-up or ask a dietetician if you need those vitamins and minerals. Excess of anything can be bad for you, so if you already have a big intake of minerals, it might not be the best for you. Good luck on your search for answers!

Newbie Noob

Taking a single multi is usually ok. Taking multiple multivitamins is not ok and can lead to vitamin overdose.

A lot of people will post conspiracy theories about how it's super unnatural, but vitamins is vitamins, no matter their source.

That said, unneeded vitamins are empty calories. It's much more healthy to supplement what you're missing in your diet, rather than taking the easy route, and just taking a multi.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff