Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
Do you own an oven mitt and a microwave?

If so I have a fun college trick on how to fix up the healthiest most filling emergency meal you can ever think of.
Kinda cool right?
Ingredients: 1 Yam and whatever you like on it.
(I personally use either butter/margarine, a Mandaras(C) lentils packet, or my own homemade curry sauce)

How to cook:
Wrap your yam in a paper towel because you don't want it to touch all the nasty oven mitt germs. (that will die in the microwave anyway, but what you are really worried about is possible toxins from the germs which don't always break down due to heat)
Cook in microwave for 7 minutes. If your Yam is HUGE. and I mean so big you need two plates or something then maybe 9 minutes will do it.

After its cooked poke it with a fork to see if its done and soft all the way through.
If it is open it and dress it up and chow down. Emergency healthy meal ready in minutes with zero effort.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
I haven't tried this so the consistency may be different but you can cook a yam /sweet potato with out the oven mitt in about 8 min . I might try just to see tough.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Are you posting this because you want to know if it's a good recipe before you tried it, or because you made it and want to know what people think? 'Cuz I saw you post this in another thread and the topic title makes me think you haven't tried it before.

Aged Wench

12,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
I poke holes in the yam or sweet potato with a fork and then microwave it about that amount of time without the oven mitt and it works fine. It's the best no effort filling healthy meal to make. I'm not sure if microwaved food is healthy so I try not to do it too often. I love yams and sweet potatoes or any root veggie.

5,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Timid 100
  • First step to fame 200
Super Fightin Prototype
Are you posting this because you want to know if it's a good recipe before you tried it, or because you made it and want to know what people think? 'Cuz I saw you post this in another thread and the topic title makes me think you haven't tried it before.

I do this all the time
I know it works for me.
I want to know if I can explain things well enough that other people have the same success I do.
Also I tend to have different tastes than mainstream, so I want to know if anyone likes this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff