Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Browser

For the last 3 weeks I've changed my eating habits and switched out a lot of junk food for
the healthy ones (those fruits and veggies) 30% fruit and 70% veggies. I also haven't touched a soda since. And so far in the past 21 days, I lost 5 pounds. And to continue my healthy life style, I need some new recipes! I know you might
say, just check out Google, but sometimes, I just don't like searching for it. Too many links.

What can else can I make with cabbage?
I make a mean cabbage stir-fry and use it in my salads, but what else
can I do with it?

Playful Guildswoman

Soup, cole slaw.

Cole slaw - drain a small can of crushed tuna with 1/2 cabbage, start with 1/4 cup mayo and add as needed or add 1/2 mayo and 1/2 buttermilk (can be dried buttermilk). Last, add a Tbsp. of seeds, poppy seeds or black sesame seeds.

Beloved Browser

jellykans
Soup, cole slaw.

Cole slaw - drain a small can of crushed tuna with 1/2 cabbage, start with 1/4 cup mayo and add as needed or add 1/2 mayo and 1/2 buttermilk (can be dried buttermilk). Last, add a Tbsp. of seeds, poppy seeds or black sesame seeds.

Cole slaw sounds good! I just need the tuna, lol.
I'll go get some today!

How are you Jelly?

Playful Guildswoman

Mandeh Candeh
jellykans
Soup, cole slaw.

I'll go get some today!

How are you Jelly?

MAJOR mental blip there, it isn't tuna you add, its crushed pineapple. Idk what I was thinking.

I'm fine, start chemo soon.

Beloved Browser

jellykans
Mandeh Candeh
jellykans
Soup, cole slaw.

I'll go get some today!

How are you Jelly?

MAJOR mental blip there, it isn't tuna you add, its crushed pineapple. Idk what I was thinking.

I'm fine, start chemo soon.

Pineapple in a slaw, never heard of that, but worth a try!

Aw, hope that it goes well!

Angelic Muse

15,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Forum Regular 100
For a complete, hearty meal using cabbage as well as chicken and lots of others fruits and vegetables, there's this recipe from the Foodess blog which is absolutely delicious. I've made it a few times with my family and everyone loved it. It's filling but still healthy. There is a lot of cream in there, though, so I guess it's not the leanest meal. Make sure to get 15% cooking cream, if you make it, and don't forget it makes a lot of portions (6, in fact, but you could cut the recipe in half fairly easily).

I guess you could also braise your cabbage with some apple juice (and pieces of apple) as well, but I don't have a recipe for that.

Beloved Browser

FindingJackie
For a complete, hearty meal using cabbage as well as chicken and lots of others fruits and vegetables, there's this recipe from the Foodess blog which is absolutely delicious. I've made it a few times with my family and everyone loved it. It's filling but still healthy. There is a lot of cream in there, though, so I guess it's not the leanest meal. Make sure to get 15% cooking cream, if you make it, and don't forget it makes a lot of portions (6, in fact, but you could cut the recipe in half fairly easily).

I guess you could also braise your cabbage with some apple juice (and pieces of apple) as well, but I don't have a recipe for that.

That does look good, mmhmmm : )
I'd just need to find that celery root, lol.
And more sage and chicken! I'll start of small and
do half. But it'll have to be in a few days.
Too much food at my house, lul.
One box of chicken or veggie broth, sauted onions (however much you like), and lots of cabbage- makes an excellent soup, simple and dosent take very long at all! Add some ground curry to taste! I make this all the time!!
I add apples to my cole slaw BTW! Yum!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces