Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What you need:

1 stick of real butter. Margarine or that canola oil crap won't cut it. You need real fats.
3/4 cup flour
5-6 cups of whole milk. Whole is better because of the fat content
2 tsp salt
6 tbsp ground pepper (more or less as you prefer)

First, melt the butter in a small pot. Once the butter is liquid, combine the flour making a mixture known as Roux. Add the milk and whisk until the Roux is dissolved. Add the salt and pepper and place on a medium high heat and whisk until the mixture thickens to your liking. Amazing when mixed with ground beef and slopped over a couple slices of sourdough bread.

The fastest way to a man's heart is through his 4th and 5th rib respectively. The second is through his arteries. And this recipe has plenty of fat and cholesterol (flavor).

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Sounds great. I think this is the base used in making sausage gravy, which will get the goodness of grease to a man's heart even faster. I presume you made a white or blond roux?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ratttking
Sounds great. I think this is the base used in making sausage gravy, which will get the goodness of grease to a man's heart even faster. I presume you made a white or blond roux?

Yup. Blonde roux. I also use it to thicken up Alfredo Sauce too and gives it an unmistakable butter flavor that just can't be bought at the store.

1,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
chainmailleman
What you need:

1 stick of real butter. Margarine or that canola oil crap won't cut it. You need real fats.
3/4 cup flour
5-6 cups of whole milk. Whole is better because of the fat content
2 tsp salt
6 tbsp ground pepper (more or less as you prefer)

First, melt the butter in a small pot. Once the butter is liquid, combine the flour making a mixture known as Roux. Add the milk and whisk until the Roux is dissolved. Add the salt and pepper and place on a medium high heat and whisk until the mixture thickens to your liking. Amazing when mixed with ground beef and slopped over a couple slices of sourdough bread.

The fastest way to a man's heart is through his 4th and 5th rib respectively. The second is through his arteries. And this recipe has plenty of fat and cholesterol (flavor).

sound nice
tasty,but sumtimes i think of another white sticky liquid that groses me out when i eat white gravy.

Hallowed Cultist

24,025 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Whole milk and a whole stick of butter dramallama No wonder it's award winning. Some bacon or sausage would do nicely in this gravy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff