Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Fatcat

Okay so i'm 7 weeks pregnant and have been seriously craving, everything.
I'm not quite sure what I can and can not eat. So I come one here and am asking for some quick, healthy means for a growning baby.
I have heard that i'm not aloud to eat:
Hot dogs
or
deli meat
or
unpasturized cheeses

Fashionable Noob

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mommie Monster
Okay so i'm 7 weeks pregnant and have been seriously craving, everything.
I'm not quite sure what I can and can not eat. So I come one here and am asking for some quick, healthy means for a growning baby.
I have heard that i'm not aloud to eat:
Hot dogs
or
deli meat
or
unpasturized cheeses

I heard you need to be careful how fish is cooked also. When I was pregnant I craved a lot of things I even had a craving for pickles lol. I was really sick during my pregnancy so they really didn't limit me, they just needed me to find something I could keep down. Good luck and congratulations biggrin
my girlfriend died of eating pasturized cheese and deli meat while pregnant it grinded her up like a meat grinder do not eat

Sparkly Fatcat

mtackitt21
my girlfriend died of eating pasturized cheese and deli meat while pregnant it grinded her up like a meat grinder do not eat

o 3o
Sorry for the loss
thank you it was a hard time in my life

Sparkly Fatcat

mtackitt21
thank you it was a hard time in my life

They say dont eat unpasturized dairy products and no deli meats unless it's warmed up to the point where it's steaming.
I don't know enough of your story but i'm sorry.
Many pregnant women have strange appetite for unusual things like lemon , lime , tamarind , charcoal and beautiful pregnant lady gets cravings for stuffs

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
hmm old topic, but i can still help, especially if there are any others who are looking at this thread with the similar question.

Anyway as soon as I found out I was pregnant I hit the pregnancy/mom sites hard! Finding out what i could and couldn't eat. I thought it would be hard to change my diet as Im a picky eater but I found it was an easy change.

Healthy foods to eat: Eggs, Whole Grains (popcorn, bread, oatmeal), Nuts (walnuts, peanuts), Yogurt, Lean Meats (95%-99% fat free), Colorful fruits and veggies, String Cheese, Cottage Cheese (great with fruit!)

I also found out that you can drink caffeine..but in moderation. One glass a day. (ive switched to caffeine free pop, which actually isnt too bad if you still want your pop)

You can also eat deli meat IF its cooked and prepared properly.

And a plus, chocolate and Ice cream are two good things you can eat..again in moderation.

Though as good as all that food is, the real problem is actually WANTING to eat them! Ah Nauseousness!
I ate whatever I wanted. Especially sushi. (Can't stand people who tell me all sushi is raw fish. scream ) The only problem was my BS, so eventually I had to chill out. But all those people who curse you for eating deli meat and s**t. talk2hand

But if you like seafood, Tilapia is amazing. Of course, just make sure it's cooked all the way. Some sauteed spinach, turkey bacon, mushrooms. Salads.. Lettuce wraps. Just get creative. I wasn't supposed to eat pasta at the time, but afterwards I would eat this avocado sauce over pasta and it was great. I think it's just mashed avocado/plain yogurt. Or deviled eggs with avocado instead of yolk. heart
Mannnn I'm not even pregnant and I'm always craving cookies n cream ice cream and avocados sad
Ringo The Crafty Squid
Mannnn I'm not even pregnant and I'm always craving cookies n cream ice cream and avocados sad

me too!

Rich Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Seven weeks having cravings? Jesus.
The first time I was pregnant, I couldn't even eat until I was 22 weeks.
This pregnancy is looking the same.

I'd recommend small light meals, you want to be careful with your weight while pregnant.
deli meat, fresh veggies, kale chips, dark chocolate, lots of decaffinated tea.

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
if you eat deli meat, just heat it up in a frying pan for a few minutes.
and if morning sickness kicks in id suggest very bland foods, and a few tips on managing the nausea, 1 tsp of cola syrup as needed, lemon drops, also mild salsa helped me a ton.
i threw up all day for 3 months, but it was very very worth it.

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ohh and try to avoid starchy foods, it contributes to stretch marks. i got lucky & didn't get any

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Old topic is old... but I feel the need to mention that the reason fish is supposed to be avoided is because of the mercury content. That s**t can cause birth defects if eaten in high amounts. Some types of fish are safer than others. Do not eat tuna... do not... eat... tuna.... lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff