Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

I dont know i forgot sorry.Now answer my question.

And btw your a guy right,Why does abortion have anything to do with you,youd never have to have one,youd never be a mother. Tell me why should you have anysay if abortion is
good or bad WHEN IT WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Good reasons? That depends really. If your values are radically different from mine I can't convince you there are good reasons. If you see the fetus as nothing then you wouldn't see any good reasons.

That's a terrible argument you put forth. According to that white people shouldn't have cared about slavery, the Holocaust should have been brushed off by non-Jews, and men shouldn't have bothered to support suffrage.

I see a fetus as something,i just dont like the one i have,Now i can be reasoned with you just
arent giving me and postive ones that overpower the negative ones,I want ones that overpower the negatives your just giving me crap.

Well if you actually see it as a worthwhile living thing, then why would you decide that it should die when you can't know it's future? We don't kill anyone else since they might have a bad life later.

YEa no duh we dont kill people when they have already lived,the fetus and such hasnt lived at all
it has no feelings.

Then clearly you and I disagree about what's important. I find experience a poor reason to decide what basic rights someone has.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

I dont know i forgot sorry.Now answer my question.

And btw your a guy right,Why does abortion have anything to do with you,youd never have to have one,youd never be a mother. Tell me why should you have anysay if abortion is
good or bad WHEN IT WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Good reasons? That depends really. If your values are radically different from mine I can't convince you there are good reasons. If you see the fetus as nothing then you wouldn't see any good reasons.

That's a terrible argument you put forth. According to that white people shouldn't have cared about slavery, the Holocaust should have been brushed off by non-Jews, and men shouldn't have bothered to support suffrage.

I see a fetus as something,i just dont like the one i have,Now i can be reasoned with you just
arent giving me and postive ones that overpower the negative ones,I want ones that overpower the negatives your just giving me crap.

Well if you actually see it as a worthwhile living thing, then why would you decide that it should die when you can't know it's future? We don't kill anyone else since they might have a bad life later.

YEa no duh we dont kill people when they have already lived,the fetus and such hasnt lived at all
it has no feelings.

Then clearly you and I disagree about what's important. I find experience a poor reason to decide what basic rights someone has.

So a pack of cells that is mouching off me has the right to make me have them come out of me?
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

it has no feelings.

So a pack of cells that is mouching off me has the right to make me have them come out of me?

I think it should have the right to not be killed by a larger pack of cells.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

it has no feelings.

Thats nice,But youll never have to worry about that,and im the body it comes out of
i have more right than it does which yes im saying im more imporant because
ive been here longer.If it has been born i would be agiasnt killing it,But it hasnt been born
It cant talk,walk,Breath,travel,feel,play,love or anything because it has had no life
what so ever and it hasnt even became a citizen yet,its nothing comapaired to me.
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

it has no feelings.

Thats nice,But youll never have to worry about that,and im the body it comes out of

That's a horrible argument as it kills all human rights that don't apply to the self.

Quote:

ive been here longer.If it has been born i would be agiasnt killing it,But it hasnt been born
It can talk,walk,Breath,travel,feel,play,love or anything because it has had no life
what so ever and it hasnt even became a citizen yet,its nothing comapaired to me.

Right and I disagree that you're more important and that being around longer means anything significant.

And what's so magical about birth? 1 second before birth it's fine to kill it, the next second after it isn't? What magic's at work there?

Nothing compared to you? Pfft. You really think an individual person's meager accomplishments in the world are worth anything? You hardly kowtow to people with more accomplishments, do you? It seems like you only want to compare people when it's convenient for you.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake

That's a horrible argument as it kills all human rights that don't apply to the self.

Quote:

It can talk,walk,Breath,travel,feel,play,love or anything because it has had no life

Right and I disagree that you're more important and that being around longer means anything significant.

And what's so magical about birth? 1 second before birth it's fine to kill it, the next second after it isn't? What magic's at work there?

Nothing compared to you? Pfft. You really think an individual person's meager accomplishments in the world are worth anything? You hardly kowtow to people with more accomplishments, do you? It seems like you only want to compare people when it's convenient for you.

Ok I respect your opinon.
760_latinalover_209
l_N a r a_l
760_latinalover_209

Technically yes it is killing, Because from the moment the fetus enters the womb, its contributing oxygen, blood, nutrition among other things. Is that not what a baby gets? is that not what you or me get???? And... One way or another, There are plenty of options besides abortion. Its true, A teenager who gets more that 3 abortions, is an idiot. And if Anybody here has had abortions, You ARE an IDIOT! there are so many people who want children and can't have them. Adoption is an alternative to help those people. Yes there are many children in the orphanage as it is, But couples wanting kids to adopt is almost triple that amount. If you have the right to live and had the right to be grown in your mothers womb, why shouldn't anybody else?
User Image

Holy ******** s**t.

There are 3 times the amount of people wanting to adopt than there are kids? Please, please get outside, read a book, something.. anything. If that was the case then why are there so many kids in foster care, in orphanages? Why are they there? If there were such a high demand for babies, then neither of those things would exist.

As for the rest of the thread. Whether or not a baby is alive or worth giving a chance is a pointless debate. The only person that can make that decision is the woman herself.

I'm currently 8 months pregnant and as soon as I find out I am pregnant, it's my baby. I don't shop for a zygote/embryo/fetus; I shop for my baby. I pick names, worry about her, count her movements and whatnot because she is MY baby and I want her.

If a mother doesn't feel that way, then that's all there is to it. You can't make a woman change how she views the being inside her, that's up to her to do. Funnily enough, it's not easy to change a woman's mind. Despite what Juno might imply.

Have you ever heard of "Non Qualified". Read a book as you say and figure it out.

And FYI, I'm a mother of a 1 year old. and I'm 17. Trust me I know what its like to have the option of abortion or adoption. And your right, the decision to keep a baby alive or abort it is up to the mother, but the whole point of this is to make sure that people really know what they are doing. This is an attempt to have people open their eyes and think about it more that once. I was going to abort my son when I found out I was pregnant at 15. It broke my heart. I did my research, and couldn't do it. and for those who say that rape victims should have the right to abort, thats not really considered to have a right. Its a choice. And I was a rape victim. It doesn't necessarily mean I need to kill my baby.
User Image

I don't get what the whole Non qualified thing has to do with anything at all. They aren't qualified to adopt? Then you can't count them as part of the 3 times as many.

Congrats on having a kid at a young age (I mean that, it isn't sarcasm). So did I; well actually I had 2. I'm 27 and having baby # 3. My oldest son and this baby are going to have a 10 year age gap *shrugs* No biggie, hubby and I are planning another 3 after this one lol.

Anyway, onto the good stuff. I was raped when I was 14 and there was a high chance I was pregnant. Waiting those weeks was hell for me but I decided before I found out if I was indeed pregnant it would be staying put and I'd be having it. Why? Because I'd see it as something good from something bad, for myself I'm Anti abortion, I couldn't ever have one done and I don't understand how other women can have abortions either but it's not up to me to understand their plight. It's their body, their choice, their cross to bear.

About being educated, a clinic wont perform an abortion without informing the mother of the procedure, and I can't think of many women that would walk into a clinic without first doing their research. Abortions are invasive and... just ick. A woman that doesn't research what would happen to her and her body shouldn't be raising children in the first place @_@

Not just rape victims should have the right to chose abortion, all women should whether it be through traditional methods, Plan B or RU486 (which is sadly illegal in Australia >.> ). I'd never force a woman to raise a child she didn't want. And again, adoption and foster are such stupid, stupid propositions with how the current system is.. I wont even bother with them.

Hygienic Citizen

Dark Lord Drake
But I'm speaking up for the fetus. It isn't an issue of gender at all, it's an ethical matter. It's sexist to try and dismiss my arguments based on ethics due to my gender.

It's not an issue of gender. It's an issue of power and rights. Do I have the right to make decisions about my own body, or are other people using their power to deny me my rights? Ethics are personal; if you feel that having an abortion is not ethically right, by all means, do not have one. But when you start using your personal ethical views as a substantial reason for denying others the right to make decisions about their own bodies, you have crossed a line in which you are not acting in good conscience, but forcing your views upon others and bullying them into complying.

Morality should be autonomous. If you are insisting that your personal ethics have a right to be considered in other's decisions - such as that women with an unwanted pregnancy should not consider aborting it - then those are decisions are not taken to serve morality, and your claim that you are acting for ethical reasons is false.

Analogous situation: I oppose the current wars in the Middle East. Do I base my opposition on the fallacious idea that every citizen and serving soldier involved would like me to enforce my pacifist beliefs upon others? No, I'm not that arrogant or ill-informed. I recognise that my opposition is based on my views on human dignity, suffering and murder. In that same reasoning, I don't oppose abortion because I don't believe that I have the authority from my own beliefs or another's to suggest that I can actually impose my morality upon one who's views I cannot hear and pretend that I am speaking for.

Until the foetus can give its account of the situation and the ethical problems posed, I firmly believe that the moral decisions belong to the mother, and no one else. Anyone who tries to deny her that decision is not truly acting upon their ethics or morality; but exerting their power and influence to control another's life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff