Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am against abortion and government funding for it (insert anti-abortion arguments), so I am pro-life. I would never recommend or have an abortion. HOWEVER, that decision is far too personal and dependent and individual situations for the government to have any say. It would be impractical too; women would not stop having abortions, but more would die because of lack of safety regulations.

Fluffy Wench

13,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax

So tell me, people, since you clearly all own my uterus for me.
Is it okay if I use a tampon?
Do I need your permission to have monthly periods or choose to skip them with my handy dandy pills?
Or does my uterus only become public property the moment I conceive?

That's such obvious ignorance... I don't need to own it to say what you're allowed to do to another.

Quote:

Why is my life less valuable than a sac of cells?
Is it just because I no longer have potential since I'm already alive?

Less valuable? Demonstrate your life is being given less value.

Quote:

Do you people know what foster care is?
An orphanage?
If there was always someone willing to adopt every unwanted child, you would never hear of these things.
Did you know 1/4 of foster care kids grow up in the system and become homeless at age 18?

You're lacking sources and proof that their lives aren't worth living. No reason to believe you.
~*~User Image~*~
75% of men are against abortion.
100% of them will never be pregnant.

But don't you see, when you tell me I cannot kill something unwanted growing inside my body, you are removing my autonomy.
You tell me that I don't have the right to determine who does what with my body, in an indirect way.
People hate hearing it, but an unwanted embryo is a parasite.
It feeds off your body without your permission and does you no good.
Telling me I have to support that parasite is saying that it has more value than I do.

And here's your homeless statistics:
http://charityguide.org/volunteer/fewhours/age-out.htm

By the way, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, so in all likelihood, I will never know even a wanted pregnancy, let alone an unwanted one.
But I am for the right of women to choose.

~*~ We're all mad here. I'm mad; you're mad.~*~

Fluffy Wench

13,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
760_latinalover_209
Tamarahma
760_latinalover_209
Technically yes it is killing, Because from the moment the fetus enters the womb, its contributing oxygen, blood, nutrition among other things. Is that not what a baby gets? is that not what you or me get????

You're confused. At no point in the pregnancy does the foetus contribute to the health or wellbeing of the mother. As has been said in this thread, it essentially acts as a parasite. It feeds from the body of the mother. A foetus never enters the womb, it grows there from a fertilised ovum. You're honestly confused about basic biology, and you need to accept that there is a difference in opinion as to at what point 'life' as we would know it begins, as there is no widely accepted scientific truth.

Quote:
And... One way or another, There are plenty of options besides abortion.

Of course there are options beside abortion! There's the forced miscarriage - what could be more fun than throwing yourself down a flight of stairs to try and end an unwanted pregnancy? There's the DIY job, in which you can stick a wire coathanger up in your v****a to literally try and scrape the cells out, never mind any internal haemorrhaging and bleeding you may get as a result. There are natural options, in which you overdose on untested and unproven herbal remedies to try and purge the foetus out! And then there's the do-all, end-all in which you, stuck with a pregnancy you do not want and no way to safely get rid of it, take your own life.

All in all, I'd rather have a legal abortion, thanks.

Quote:
Its true, A teenager who gets more that 3 abortions, is an idiot. And if Anybody here has had abortions, You ARE an IDIOT!

I wasn't aware you were legally required to impose your moral standards on everyone else. I didn't know any judgement you made was the final word on the subject. You should have said that your ignorant, uninformed and hurtful comments were actually sacred truth! Then you wouldn't get ripped apart for judging a complex situation on one tiny fraction of it, and forcing your moral standards onto those who don't need them and don't want them.

Quote:
there are so many people who want children and can't have them. Adoption is an alternative to help those people. Yes there are many children in the orphanage as it is, But couples wanting kids to adopt is almost triple that amount.

Citation for the bolded, please. Oddly enough, adoption normally isn't the first choice for those who can't conceive naturally. For some reason, when trying to conceive their own child, most frustrated couples use IVF, surrogate wombs or if they need to, donor sperm and eggs. Adoption is a last choice. There's a lot of stigma against it in society. Orphanages and the care system are suffocating under children who guess what, nobody is adopting and nobody cares about.

Quote:
If you have the right to live and had the right to be grown in your mothers womb, why shouldn't anybody else?

I have the privilege to be alive, and the privilege to be born into a family in which I was a planned pregnancy, my mother and father both wanted me and could financially support me. I have the privilege of having developed in the womb of a healthy woman who had access to adequate nutrition and foodstuffs to help me grow healthily. My life is precious. Everyone else's are as well. This is why I focus on helping those who are actually living, rather than ignoring existing suffering to blather on about the importance of something which can only suffer in potentiality.

You're confusing a right and privilege. I have the right to make decisions about my own body. A foetus doesn't have the right or the authority to challenge me for that.

I'm pretty sure I would know about pregnancy, I myself have been pregnant. and i've been pretty informed. So make sure you know your information before you go and act like a know-it-all.
Quote:
I wasn't aware you were legally required to impose your moral standards on everyone else. I didn't know any judgement you made was the final word on the subject. You should have said that your ignorant, uninformed and hurtful comments were actually sacred truth! Then you wouldn't get ripped apart for judging a complex situation on one tiny fraction of it, and forcing your moral standards onto those who don't need them and don't want them.

As far as I know, I am allowed to show my thoughts with others. This is a forum based on ideas and opinions. No, I'm not saying my words are the final situation, but like I said, I am able to express my feelings toward others.

I'm not stupid. I know that adoption is not everybody's choice, but put yourself in a room full of people who can't conceive. Final choices are adoption. Yeah, people are most typically in a better financial situation or steady homes and I agree. I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own emotionally or financially if it weren't for my parents. Maybe the mother does really want to abort. And yes it is the mother's choice. I just want more people to open their eyes to HELPFUL options so they don't regret anything later.
~*~User Image~*~
I plan to adopt when I am self-sufficient enough to raise a child.
And I want her to be at least 3 years old.
I have polycystic ovarian syndrome.
I am not entirely infertile, but I do not want to use clomid or other methods to increase the odds of getting pregnant.
And I know I'm a rare person for that thought process.
She's right that people will try to have their own kids before taking in someone else's.
And with all the improvements in these options, less people are failing.
But when people do want to adopt, I'll tell you what they want:
Healthy, white, newborns.
Sure, minority babies are becoming all the rage, but if you google, you'll still find a white baby costs twice as much in private adoption companies.
$10,000 to $5,000 for Af-Am.
There is a surplus of unwanted children in foster care and orphanages.
They are older, physically, or mentally handicapped.
And therefore considered less desirable to most potential adoptive parents.

Do you know how much harder it is for a woman to give up a child, really, though?
Because they are left the rest of their life with so many unanswerable questions.
http://www.exiledmothers.com/babies_taken_for_adoption/
Maybe not the norm, but nonetheless a sad reality.

Chocolate Ex-lax
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax

Do I need your permission to have monthly periods or choose to skip them with my handy dandy pills?

That's such obvious ignorance... I don't need to own it to say what you're allowed to do to another.

Quote:

Quote:

An orphanage?
If there was always someone willing to adopt every unwanted child, you would never hear of these things.
Did you know 1/4 of foster care kids grow up in the system and become homeless at age 18?

You're lacking sources and proof that their lives aren't worth living. No reason to believe you.

And that matters why? The truth of ethical matters aren't decided by gender, to say that would be sexist.

Quote:

But don't you see, when you tell me I cannot kill something unwanted growing inside my body, you are removing my autonomy.
You tell me that I don't have the right to determine who does what with my body, in an indirect way.

That's wrong. I'm telling you what action is appropriate to protect your rights. Like I don't agree with being able to torture robbers to recover your property, while I still believe in a right to property.

Quote:

Telling me I have to support that parasite is saying that it has more value than I do.

That's a lie actually, saying that means it has more value I mean. It means I value its life over your comfort, not you as a whole over it as a whole. If it were life versus life then I'd say let the mother live. Worse yet, there is no relevance to whether it is a parasite or not. So what? You're using that word for no purpose but to appeal to emotion.

Quote:

By the way, I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, so in all likelihood, I will never know even a wanted pregnancy, let alone an unwanted one.

Ok, but that still doesn't show that their lives will not be worth living and won't improve, which is an important thing I mentioned.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

A baby that hasnt lived without me and my support is more imporant than me?

More important? It's more important than what you think about the child.

i said that wrong i meant
A baby that hasnt lived at all without me is more valuable than me?

More valuable? How am I making anything more valuable? And I'm going to log soon, but will be back.

Give me reasons why i should not get a abortion with all the context i have gave you.

Not until you answer my questions first stare

Edit: And I'd like to point out you were never clear enough about the kidney disease for me to make a judgment on it.

http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/polycystic/
"When PKD causes kidneys to fail—which usually happens after many years—the patient requires dialysis or kidney transplantation. About one-half of people with the most common type of PKD progress to kidney failure, also called end-stage renal disease"

Dialysis you have to go to the doctor every week multitimes.
There is no cure.
And keep in mind i would just put this child up for adoption since id hate it,
Do you think i shouldnt get a abortion after ive told you i hate this thing in me,
I would look at is as a "thing" and it would only have 1/4 of a chance to have a new parent,
and that i have been planing to adopt one because of my dieasease and that i would
only get pregant from a breakage of protetion?
Tell me really tell me good reasons why i should not kill this thing?
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

More valuable? How am I making anything more valuable? And I'm going to log soon, but will be back.

Give me reasons why i should not get a abortion with all the context i have gave you.

Edit: And I'd like to point out you were never clear enough about the kidney disease for me to make a judgment on it.

"When PKD causes kidneys to fail—which usually happens after many years—the patient requires dialysis or kidney transplantation. About one-half of people with the most common type of PKD progress to kidney failure, also called end-stage renal disease"

There is no cure.
Do you think i shouldnt get a abortion after ive told you i hate this thing in me,
I would look at is as a "thing" and it would only have 1/4 of a chance to have a new parent,
and that i have been planing to adopt one because of my dieasease and that i would

When I said my questions I was talking about the immediate ones you had just ignored. IE "More valuable? How am I making anything more valuable?" The edit was a note on what you had asked me.
Chocolate Ex-lax
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax

Quote:

Quote:

An orphanage?

~*~User Image~*~

I love you.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

There is no cure.

When I said my questions I was talking about the immediate ones you had just ignored. IE "More valuable? How am I making anything more valuable?" The edit was a note on what you had asked me.

I dont know i forgot sorry.Now answer my question.

And btw your a guy right,Why does abortion have anything to do with you,youd never have to have one,youd never be a mother. Tell me why should you have anysay if abortion is
good or bad WHEN IT WILL NEVER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU.
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

There is no cure.

And btw your a guy right,Why does abortion have anything to do with you,youd never have to have one,youd never be a mother. Tell me why should you have anysay if abortion is

Good reasons? That depends really. If your values are radically different from mine I can't convince you there are good reasons. If you see the fetus as nothing then you wouldn't see any good reasons.

That's a terrible argument you put forth. According to that white people shouldn't have cared about slavery, the Holocaust should have been brushed off by non-Jews, and men shouldn't have bothered to support suffrage.

Fluffy Wench

13,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax

Quote:

Quote:

An orphanage?

And that matters why? The truth of ethical matters aren't decided by gender, to say that would be sexist.

Quote:

That's wrong. I'm telling you what action is appropriate to protect your rights. Like I don't agree with being able to torture robbers to recover your property, while I still believe in a right to property.

Quote:

That's a lie actually, saying that means it has more value I mean. It means I value its life over your comfort, not you as a whole over it as a whole. If it were life versus life then I'd say let the mother live. Worse yet, there is no relevance to whether it is a parasite or not. So what? You're using that word for no purpose but to appeal to emotion.

Quote:

Ok, but that still doesn't show that their lives will not be worth living and won't improve, which is an important thing I mentioned.
~*~User Image~*~
But in this case, it is a sexist matter.
Face it, you are not affected by unwanted pregnancy the same way as any woman is.
Sure, maybe you'll manage to get a girl pregnant before you're ready to be a dad.
But it's not your body that will go through the changes.
You won't be the one risking your life in the delivery room.
Or at any point beforehand.

It is not a life.
It is a potential life.
It cannot survive outside the womb until when the brain connects to the nerves, and the lungs are fully developed, long past the point you can legally abort.
It is not until it is able to survive on its own that it can be considered a life.
And you really don't understand the dangers that come with every pregnancy if you refer to "my comfort."

I cannot prove that their lives will or will not improve.
Because each person is different.
Some will be the sweet success stories that Hollywood loves making sappy movies about.
But most will end up in a cycle with homelessness, drug use, and prison time.
Any with mental illness will end up being the worst off.
>.X

Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

There is no cure.

Good reasons? That depends really. If your values are radically different from mine I can't convince you there are good reasons. If you see the fetus as nothing then you wouldn't see any good reasons.

That's a terrible argument you put forth. According to that white people shouldn't have cared about slavery, the Holocaust should have been brushed off by non-Jews, and men shouldn't have bothered to support suffrage.

I see a fetus as something,i just dont like the one i have,Now i can be reasoned with you just
arent giving me and postive ones that overpower the negative ones,I want ones that overpower the negatives your just giving me crap.
First off you do not seem very well informed Sassy. Second off when you start what is to be a very heated debate. It would help out if you did it in a more open minded way. It is great that you have your own beliefs and what not but for you to be calling The President a baby killer is outrageous. Lastly....Before you go around using such heated words about people and things you seem to know so little....Please use proper grammar and spelling. Maybe then you would not sound as stupid and arrogant as you have came off in this form. 3nodding

~J
Chocolate Ex-lax
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolate Ex-lax

Quote:

Quote:

An orphanage?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But in this case, it is a sexist matter.
Face it, you are not affected by unwanted pregnancy the same way as any woman is.
Sure, maybe you'll manage to get a girl pregnant before you're ready to be a dad.
But it's not your body that will go through the changes.
You won't be the one risking your life in the delivery room.
Or at any point beforehand.

But I'm speaking up for the fetus. It isn't an issue of gender at all, it's an ethical matter. It's sexist to try and dismiss my arguments based on ethics due to my gender.

Quote:

It is not a life.
It is a potential life.
It cannot survive outside the womb until when the brain connects to the nerves, and the lungs are fully developed, long past the point you can legally abort.
It is not until it is able to survive on its own that it can be considered a life.
And you really don't understand the dangers that come with every pregnancy if you refer to "my comfort."

Are you going to actually prove that it cannot be considered a life or are you just expecting me to take your word for it? Freaking bacteria are alive, and you expect me to believe a fetus isn't?

I understand the dangers. I also understand that the life threatening ones aren't common to need constant reference and I make exceptions for medical necessity.

Quote:

I cannot prove that their lives will or will not improve.
Because each person is different.
Some will be the sweet success stories that Hollywood loves making sappy movies about.
But most will end up in a cycle with homelessness, drug use, and prison time.
Any with mental illness will end up being the worst off.

Which doesn't justify trying to decide whether they should live or not since you clearly aren't good enough at telling the future to tell if someone should or should not die.
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

There is no cure.

I see a fetus as something,i just dont like the one i have,Now i can be reasoned with you just
arent giving me and postive ones that overpower the negative ones,I want ones that overpower the negatives your just giving me crap.

Well if you actually see it as a worthwhile living thing, then why would you decide that it should die when you can't know it's future? We don't kill anyone else since they might have a bad life later.
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease
Dark Lord Drake
Chocolatease

There is no cure.

Well if you actually see it as a worthwhile living thing, then why would you decide that it should die when you can't know it's future? We don't kill anyone else since they might have a bad life later.

YEa no duh we dont kill people when they have already lived,the fetus and such hasnt lived at all
it has no feelings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games