Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Member

I don't see why. neutral

Why isn't it a right? Because it costs money. Not sure if you've heard of this thing called currency, but it's what makes the world go 'round.

Everything costs money. Medical tools and equipment, hospitals, doctors and nurses, all need to be bought.

Doctors pay thousands upon thousands upon thousands to spend years working hard to help you out. What makes you think that you have the right to make them serve you if you can't pay for their services? They paid so much money to be able to help you; the least you could do is pay them back.

And another thing. What makes you think that healthcare with this new bill is going to be completely free? Think again, my friends. Like I said, healthcare costs money. That's not going to go away just because you don't pay for it directly. Guess where the costs of healthcare come from now?

Taxes. Yep. Taxes. Higher taxes for everybody, yippee! User Image
Creation of assets makes the world go around. Money is completely liquid and has little long-term value.

Clean Member

Get Heady
Creation of assets makes the world go around. Money is completely liquid and has little long-term value.

Assets show that you own something that can be turned into tangible cash.

Because, as previously stated, you need money to buy your gallon of milk.

Wheezing Gekko

I Not British I
I don't see why. neutral

Why isn't it a right? Because it costs money. Not sure if you've heard of this thing called currency, but it's what makes the world go 'round.

Slavery was less expensive than paying people a fair wage for their work. Under the logic of "because it costs money," slaves didn't have a right to ask for freedom.

Quote:
Everything costs money. Medical tools and equipment, hospitals, doctors and nurses, all need to be bought.

Doctors pay thousands upon thousands upon thousands to spend years working hard to help you out. What makes you think that you have the right to make them serve you if you can't pay for their services?

Actually, this bill addresses the "can't pay for their services" part because now people will have to have coverage to reimburse all those doctors and staff and whatnot. But let's examine your logic. Under this idiocy, ERs should not be forced to treat anybody regardless of their ability to pay. Poor people should be left to wither and die. The elderly and retired should be forgotten and neglected because of their lack of income and ability to work. Never even mind the disabled. Fortunately, society doesn't work that way. In fact societies that make it their goal to get as far away from that mindset as possibly are generally healthier and happier.

Quote:
And another thing. What makes you think that healthcare with this new bill is going to be completely free?

I was about to ask you the same question. You seem to be under the impression that this bill creates "free" healthcare. It doesn't; in fact, it specifically and intentionally doesn't.

Quote:
Taxes. Yep. Taxes. Higher taxes for everybody, yippee!

Actually higher taxes for the wealthy and certain businesses. That's hardly "everybody," though given your attitude about which people deserve help, I can't say I'm surprised to see you restrict your considerations to the wealthy. Most people won't face a tax increase.

Come back when you aren't just making horrible misanthropic s**t up.
I Not British I
Get Heady

Assets show that you own something that can be turned into tangible cash.

Because, as previously stated, you need money to buy your gallon of milk.

Assets show actual value on the global market.

Taxes going to finance public policy are circular - assets created are a public benefit, net loss is neutral, net gain is neutral across generations.

Costing money and saying that a marginal tax added is horrible is complete ignorance of larger public policy and public funding for programs.

Clean Member

Vryko Lakas
I Not British I
I don't see why. neutral

Slavery was less expensive than paying people a fair wage for their work. Under the logic of "because it costs money," slaves didn't have a right to ask for freedom.

Quote:

Doctors pay thousands upon thousands upon thousands to spend years working hard to help you out. What makes you think that you have the right to make them serve you if you can't pay for their services?

Actually, this bill addresses the "can't pay for their services" part because now people will have to have coverage to reimburse all those doctors and staff and whatnot. But let's examine your logic. Under this idiocy, ERs should not be forced to treat anybody regardless of their ability to pay. Poor people should be left to wither and die. The elderly and retired should be forgotten and neglected because of their lack of income and ability to work. Never even mind the disabled. Fortunately, society doesn't work that way. In fact societies that make it their goal to get as far away from that mindset as possibly are generally healthier and happier.

Quote:
And another thing. What makes you think that healthcare with this new bill is going to be completely free?

I was about to ask you the same question. You seem to be under the impression that this bill creates "free" healthcare. It doesn't; in fact, it specifically and intentionally doesn't.

Quote:
Taxes. Yep. Taxes. Higher taxes for everybody, yippee!

Actually higher taxes for the wealthy and certain businesses. That's hardly "everybody," though given your attitude about which people deserve help, I can't say I'm surprised to see you restrict your considerations to the wealthy. Most people won't face a tax increase.

Come back when you aren't just making horrible misanthropic s**t up.

Pass on the nogs, then. Where's my slave?
A lot of US citizens have little or no healthcare,, once they get sick, they're screwed over since the medicine or operation cost serious $$$. We need to health care because it will help lower health insurance and raise life expectancy for the USA.

5,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Quote:

Completely and utterly false to such a degree of magnitude that it illustrates a prolific ineptitude on your part in all things logical.

Granting people freedom costs zero dollars and zero cents. Okay, so the farmers will have to pay people to cultivate crops. That's not a cost of freedom. That's a cost of running a farm.

Your analogy = fail.

4,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Whoo! Go Obama! blaugh
I likes healthcare!
FREE DRUGZZZZZ! rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff