Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Citizen

revolutionary samurai
Quote:
The fact of the matter is every nation who is currently under a government run healthcare system is suffering for it.

We'd be worse off, if we were in your position right now.
The only reason we're suffering is thanks to stupid bankers Gambling with our money.

This. Without the NHS, I'd be in a much worse position than I am now.

Suffering for it? It's the best government policy of the LAST century, try again.
Tamarahma
revolutionary samurai
Quote:
The fact of the matter is every nation who is currently under a government run healthcare system is suffering for it.

The only reason we're suffering is thanks to stupid bankers Gambling with our money.

Suffering for it? It's the best government policy of the century, try again.

First- the US is NOT going to have a national health care system under this bill. Read that again, taste it, savor it, and then read it again. It is regulation and provisions for access for the private system.

Second- Yes, systems such as the NHS have many issues. But I'd rather have to wait a month for an MRI than die because I am denied coverage for a pre-existing condition.
Interrobang2rd
... kids not being denied because of a p/e condition?

Insurance companies are already looking for loopholes. They are claiming that even though they can't deny kids because of pre-existing conditions, they can simply deny kids for no reason at all.
fromthatshow
Interrobang2rd

Insurance companies are already looking for loopholes. They are claiming that even though they can't deny kids because of pre-existing conditions, they can simply deny kids for no reason at all.

Thankfully, someone in government involved with health care (I forget who) said that they cannot look for loopholes. It is done, she said.

Hygienic Citizen

Interrobang2rd
Tamarahma
revolutionary samurai
Quote:

First- the US is NOT going to have a national health care system under this bill. Read that again, taste it, savor it, and then read it again. It is regulation and provisions for access for the private system.

Second- Yes, systems such as the NHS have many issues. But I'd rather have to wait a month for an MRI than die because I am denied coverage for a pre-existing condition.

No, I know the US isn't going to have UHC. Coming from a country with it, the benefits are obvious to me and I can say from my experience that if we had a system like the US, I would not actually be able to get a good education. (explanation: the state school in my area is terrible, so my family have been forced to use a private school. my grandma is paying for it from her savings. if the nhs did not pay for half the care she needs, as she's paralysed following a bad stroke: she would not be able to live with us, so she would have to pay for a care home in which she would rot slowly to death; she would not be able to fund our education as she would have to pay for all the care herself. my parents, as farmers, do not earn enough to pay for it themselves) It's not just surgery and urgent medical care that benefits from UHC, after all. I don't think this reform is very good, and it's not even a step to moving away from the insurance system, but at least it tries to do something for those without coverage at least.

I totally forgot we'd moved centuries, so I was referring to the establishment of the NHS. sweatdrop Let me just edit that post...
Tamarahma
Interrobang2rd
Tamarahma
revolutionary samurai
Quote:

No, I know the US isn't going to have UHC. Coming from a country with it, the benefits are obvious to me and I can say from my experience that if we had a system like the US, I would not actually be able to get a good education. (explanation: the state school in my area is terrible, so my family have been forced to use a private school. my grandma is paying for it from her savings. if the nhs did not pay for half the care she needs, as she's paralysed following a bad stroke: she would not be able to live with us, so she would have to pay for a care home in which she would rot slowly to death; she would not be able to fund our education as she would have to pay for all the care herself. my parents, as farmers, do not earn enough to pay for it themselves) It's not just surgery and urgent medical care that benefits from UHC, after all. I don't think this reform is very good, and it's not even a step to moving away from the insurance system, but at least it tries to do something for those without coverage at least.

I totally forgot we'd moved centuries, so I was referring to the establishment of the NHS. sweatdrop Let me just edit that post...

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the first person int he quote chain. Sorry for any confusion.
*revives for another day*
Interrobang2rd

... not being dropped for getting sick?

... tax credits for small businesses?

... an exchange?

No, seriously? Will somebody please explain this to me?

children not being denied coverage-..... really?

Not being dropped for getting sick- of course we dont want that to happen, theres something called Legistlation that would correct that

tax credings for small buisness, the bill is 2000+ pages long, you are really going to tax small buisness more to make up for the difference that the rich cant

exchange? your just ignoring the other ideas that we come up with
sean367
children not being denied coverage-..... really?

Is that it? Yes, really.

sean367
Not being dropped for getting sick- of course we dont want that to happen, theres something called Legistlation that would correct that

Um... the health reform legislation?

sean367
tax credings for small buisness, the bill is 2000+ pages long, you are really going to tax small buisness more to make up for the difference that the rich cant

I don't see how the page length is relevant. It will give tax credits to small businesses, regardless of the amount of pages.

sean367
exchange? your just ignoring the other ideas that we come up with

What/Who are you referring to? The Republicans' ideas are in the bill (across state lines, stuff like that), as well as the thing they used to support but no longer do (*ahem* mandate *cough*). Also, I'd like a real argument towards to exchange, not just "your just ignoring the other ideas that we come up with".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff